DARK SOULS

RoboJoe

Been raking in the hatemail lately. Too many Haveltards don't know what a Darkdrift is. Profound Still for that cherry on top.

PuertoRicanStyL

I remember going through all the same mental motions as you when I was playing for the first time. Man, nostalgia.

Hahah, yea man. Here's some more nostalgia for you (unless you knew before hand). Entering Sen's Fortress for the first time. Dying over and over and over again. Learning the enemies and terrain from lots of trial and error. Excitedly and nervously making it the farthest you've gotten. Then getting eaten and killed by a dam treasure chest! lol. Man, talk about throwing your hands up in the air in disbelief with jaw dropped. I've been swingin at every treasure chest since, lol.

But yea, after finally making it through a lot of stuff and going through the fogged door (trancending white light) after that extra narrow walkway with the swinging axes. I saw that huge boulder dude and was just like "I'm done for the day", hahah. Saved it n quit.. I aint gon lie. I looked at a YouTube walk through to see where the next bonfire was and what to expect before I started again (that's how I knew to attack the chest, which I'm glad I saw). And didn't regret it. How insane of a location of the next bonfire! It wasn't so much of having to walk off the edge to find it (though still ridiculous). But the fact that a giant was throwing giant sized (literally) firebombs around that whole lil area. That's crazy.

I've been hella addicted to this game lately. I'm glad I gave it another shot. I've heard and read a lot of mixed feelings about DS2. But I think I may end up getting that a few months down the road. I'm playing just for the single player experience. I'm not too big on the whole PvP thing.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Never got eaten by a treasure chest actually. I was lucky enough to see someones message warning me of a trap and to try attacking, so I did.

Did surprise the hell out of me when it came alive and tried to kick my ass however.

My biggest problem in sens was always when I was trying to cross the narrow bridges and some stupid lizard would shoot lightning from where I couldn't see him and knock me off.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I had heard of them before playing the game and the 20 blood stains surrounding it were a pretty good indication, but I still got killed by it because it was a new enemy and I didn't know it's moveset yet.

Sen's fortress didn't give me much trouble aside from the boulders and just being lost for a majority of the time, then once I got up top I just cheesed whatever enemies I could with the bow. Then I got to Anor Londo.....that was fun -_-

His Reverence

Papa Reverence, the Ayane Enthusiast.
Premium Donor
Anor Londo, topped with Snorlax and Pikachu, is the most memorable part of DS.
The feeling of accomplishment was unparalleled.

Pictured Mind

Anor Londo, topped with Snorlax and Pikachu, is the most memorable part of DS.
The feeling of accomplishment was unparalleled.

Speaking of Anor Londo, I just destroyed the shit out of O&S on a level 3 sorcerer. They weren't too hard actually (probably helps that I have a lot of hours in this game but w/e). First I went with a power within setup, but when I finally ran out of great soul arrows I was basically fucked. My +5 dagger didn't do a lot of damage. I decided to quit and switched my power within for regular soul arrow. It was a pretty smooth fight.

For those of you who get the name; You're amazing and that song is amazing.
20140821_171831.jpg

And yes, that is Gwynevere's room.
20140821_171943.jpg

Shout out to my phone.

Pictured Mind

Hold with both hands.

If only I could.

I still need to kill Seath the Chokeful and Four Kings.
Seath was always pretty easy but this time I can't poise through everything in his armpit. I use the bellowing dragoncrest ring, crown of dusk and my good buddy red tearstone ring. I do around 368 damage with a great soul arrow, which is alright. Problem is if you get too far your spells won't do damage, if you're too close he will one shot the shit out of you with everything. I've found a pretty reliable way to lure him into his melee attack or his easy to dodge crystal breath, but then a tail fucked me up. : ( Have to try this again today.

PuertoRicanStyL

Never got eaten by a treasure chest actually. I was lucky enough to see someones message warning me of a trap and to try attacking, so I did.

Did surprise the hell out of me when it came alive and tried to kick my ass however.

My biggest problem in sens was always when I was trying to cross the narrow bridges and some stupid lizard would shoot lightning from where I couldn't see him and knock me off.

That's cool. I've been seeing some messages in front of treasure chest since that area. I still swing at every chest though, lol. I had a full bar of health, and I died when I opened it, hahah. I was curious about that lil elevator thing in that same room, wondering if there was two floors to go up. But I noticed the blood on it (not from other players), and was like "nope". That incident made me a lot more cautious about things. So I'm thankful for that.

And yea, speaking of Anor Londo. Dam! I'm there right now. Those archers that you have to fight on them narrow ass ledges! Them fools are archers, but aint even shootin arrows. Them bastards are slingin Ultra Great Swords at my ass! While on some pincer attack shit, hahah. Can't front though, pretty epic fighting them on a little edge and walkway (whatever you wanna call the thing the dude on the left is on). Even though it's hard as a mo fo (for me anyways) and gives me those "oh my fukin gawd" moments. Lost 36,000 dam souls up there trying to get past them dudes one time. I was goin for the guy on the left, and the dude on the right/behind me basically fuckin back stabbed me with that great sword he shot at me. Then I messed around and accidentally jumped/rolled of the edge trying to dodge the next one, hahah. Fighting the archer on the right is scary too, being on that ledgd. But I love advancing towards him and rolling through his shots. Im like "Yea bitch you better be scared seein me dodgin these and getting closer fool".

Before making it to the second Gargoyle though. I leveled up a couple times fighting those giant dudes since they're pretty easy and give hella souls, plus being right next to the bonfire. Flew back to the other area to find some different armor, cause I basically been using the same chain mail armor I bought since the beginning. I have that Crimson Robe and that other black one you get in the Demons Lair, which have some nice stats. But 0 poise and I don't want to be rockin a dress. Was pretty fun revisiting the older areas, especially now I've upgraded my stamina enough to use my Claymore, I can roll once after an RB, and an RT combo (or vice versa) then I'm at 0 stamina. I leveled that bitch up to +10 too, and am running around on some "remember me mutha fuckas? shit, lol.

So much has happened, can't possibly put it all here. Yall know how it is. I'm sure yall remember your first time experiencing all this madness and awesomeness. At the moment, I'm inside the Anor Londo castle (or whatever) after passing the Great Sword slingin archers. And I made it all the way to the fog door with just 3 flasks left (so glad you get 10 at that bonfire) no more healing spells. And it wants me to invade the fool that killed the fire keeper in the Firelink Shrine. Hella nervous, hahah. But at least there are doors unlocked inside now so I don't have to go througn so much again, if I die.

EDIT*
Update. I unlocked the side gate, right where that huge blacksmith is at. Un-stressed about dying right now.

I had heard of them before playing the game and the 20 blood stains surrounding it were a pretty good indication, but I still got killed by it because it was a new enemy and I didn't know it's moveset yet.

Sen's fortress didn't give me much trouble aside from the boulders and just being lost for a majority of the time, then once I got up top I just cheesed whatever enemies I could with the bow. Then I got to Anor Londo.....that was fun -_-

lol. That's hilarious. I bet there were blood stains everywhere back in the early and mid stages of this game. It's awesome people are still playing it and even experiencing it for the first time now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pictured Mind

Seath is down. Still need to beat one of the best bosses in the game; Four Kings. Not really worried about Gwyn.
I think I have to roll with a fire dagger +10 power within setup and maybe some heavy or great soul arrows. Those alone aren't gonna cut it. : (

PuertoRicanStyL

Wow, geez man. I thought Anor Londo was rough. Tomb of the dam Giants yo. I can't see two steps in front of me. I got lucky once and got kicked off an edge, landed on another edge that lead me deeper into it. But I got unlucky and died really deep into it, hahah.. 45,000+ sizzouls down the drizzain. Oh well though. Hakunamatata.

On my way back to Anor Londo to farm souls for more stamina, I figured out I'm supposed to put the latern thing in my left hand to make it work -_- I still would like to have just a lil more stamina though, so it's coo. Plus there's that lil shortcut in the Catacombs to get me to the Tomb of Giants pretty quickly. *sigh* The downfalls and the truimphs are pretty great in this.

Last edited:

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Wow, geez man. I thought Anor Londo was rough. Tomb of the dam Giants yo. I can't see two steps in front of me. I got lucky once and got kicked off an edge, landed on another edge that lead me deeper into it. But I got unlucky and died really deep into it, hahah.. 45,000+ sizzouls down the drizzain. Oh well though. Hakunamatata.

On my way back to Anor Londo to farm souls for more stamina, I figured out I'm supposed to put the latern thing in my left hand to make it work -_- I still would like to have just a lil more stamina though, so it's coo. Plus there's that lil shortcut in the Catacombs to get me to the Tomb of Giants pretty quickly. *sigh* The downfalls and the truimphs are pretty great in this.

Tomb of the Giants is hilarious if there is another player in the area Grave Lording it up with black phantoms.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
so going against my natural nature of online interaction i decided to finally try putting down a summoning stone. 5 minutes later im human/full health/ and just gained enough souls to level up three times. did i just break PvE?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD