Dead or Alive 5 Alpha Demo System and Character Discussions

Allan Paris

That depends what attacks she has BT. You can turn around before the match starts so you aren't wasting frames that way. In 4 she had that 7k that stopped absolutely everything, only downfall was that it was unsafe, but not many people block R1F.

Ok.

Berzerk!

If the rumor is true that Pai will also be added to DOA5 (From VF5), then Sabaki will be implemented properly, as Pai's sabaki moves are excellent.

Then I will have a dillemma about whether to play Pai or Lei Fang.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
If the rumor is true that Pai will also be added to DOA5 (From VF5), then Sabaki will be implemented properly, as Pai's sabaki moves are excellent.

Then I will have a dillemma about whether to play Pai or Lei Fang.

just do what Im gonna do ...
TAG ;)
GO TEAM CHINA

DrDogg

just do what Im gonna do ...
TAG ;)
GO TEAM CHINA

At the moment, DOA Tag is not competitive... meaning it's rarely (if ever) played in tournaments. I don't really see this changing with DOA5. This is the main reason why I could care less about Tag.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Tag needs to have full level access to really get a chance at being competitive. People don't like being limited to a handful of stages while losing one of the biggest draws of DOA which is the interactivity.

All the levels shown thus far have been about the right size for tag though. It's going to come down to how well they can manage memory from all the background crap in the final build. They also may need to make a few concessions here and there.... the slowdown during intro and win poses is definitely not the intended kind.

DrDogg

It's still beta, so the slowdown is almost expected. Plenty of time to clean that up.

Also, given how the team raised in the level interaction and the huge damage from danger zones, I don't think it'd be out of the question to see some of these stages banned, or the no danger zone setting heavily enforced at tournaments.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It's still beta, so the slowdown is almost expected. Plenty of time to clean that up.

Also, given how the team raised in the level interaction and the huge damage from danger zones, I don't think it'd be out of the question to see some of these stages banned, or the no danger zone setting heavily enforced at tournaments.

I wouldn't be too worried except for the horrendous slowdown in NG3. It somewhat worries me that they didn't see that as an issue when some sections of the game are apparently entirely unplayable on high difficulties.

No bannings unless deemed really damn necessary of course. I've also noticed, strange as it is I feel like the demo is less annoying on action camera than it is on classic. Like yea the angle gets sorta anti-fighting-game sometimes, but it seems to follow the dangerous stuff going on better and I feel like there is actually less shaking for some reason.

Like when the crane starts swinging around, on action itl attempt to follow it somewhat if its possible. Also seems to zoom out more so you can see the stuff falling around better. If we'd have known where the position of the crane was to begin with, maybe Cyber wouldn't have izuna'd both of us straight into the damn thing last night.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
So, why is player 2's back to the generator again? Two generators.

Because life is unfair? Beats me, that's always been DOA though. If every stage was symmetrical it'd kinda defeat the point. In this particular case I suppose you could argue that the walls with the falling boxes are also behind player 1, and they do fall pretty consistently to reset the unholdable stun. I imagine you can get more damage out of extending one of those combos then you can with the generator, albeit with some greater difficulty.

PhoenixVFIRE

Because life is unfair? Beats me, that's always been DOA though. If every stage was symmetrical it'd kinda defeat the point. In this particular case I suppose you could argue that the walls with the falling boxes are also behind player 1, and they do fall pretty consistently to reset the unholdable stun. I imagine you can get more damage out of extending one of those combos then you can with the generator, albeit with some greater difficulty.
It's not like you can't move before the game starts...just saying.

PhoenixVFIRE

Until now I never noticed this. Hopefully they reposition them in the final build.

Yeah you can move but that's not the point.
It seems no matter where you start on the map someone is in the direction of some type of dangerzone. Whether it be a generator, wall, wall(with bucket), or cliffhanger starter. The only thing I can think of is if you start out catty cornered, that way you just roll if you're sent flying instead of hitting a wall(if the stage is even big enough that is).

Allan Paris

That generator gives guaranteed damage when you trigger it. You don't need a PB for that to happen either. Those other danger zones are not as detrimental as that generator.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD