Dead or Alive 5 Alpha Demo System and Character Discussions

Allan Paris

Never got it myself, but it's in the manual so it's there.

Yeah, it boiled down to next hit wins. I think I have seen it like 3 maybe 4 times in all my time of playing it. I was recently looking in DOA3 manual a couple days ago (thanks John), and I came across it. I had completely forgot it was in the game.

synce

Anyone stumbled across any cool glitches in the demo?

I wonder if it's supposed to be like that... Kind of makes sense but it's kind of lame too

x Sypher x

What's the glitch? I think Busa's Izuna being cock-blocked by the crane is awesome.

Lol I agree, it is pretty awesome and funny. But what I think he's referring to is the animation, it's very choppy. It would look better if we could visibly see Hitomi getting splatted on the crane as if it were a ceiling instead of instantly falling to the ground after the throw. I don't know what to say about that 2nd part though, perhaps it should stay that way. It gives you a sense of how to properly position yourself.

George, George, George of the Jungle...WATCH OUT FOR THAT CRANE!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Anyone stumbled across any cool glitches in the demo?

I wonder if it's supposed to be like that... Kind of makes sense but it's kind of lame too

i kinda wish that you got the ceiling variant of the izuna from DOA4 when that happens ...
Although, just having it screwed up all together is kinda funny as well ..

PhoenixVFIRE

i kinda wish that you got the ceiling variant of the izuna from DOA4 when that happens ...
Although, just having it screwed up all together is kinda funny as well ..
I agree, I felt like the first time I saw that, the person just wasn't ready for the crane, but they should make it so it does the ceiling version(why am I defending Ryu?). As for the coming down on the crane, I guess keep hitting them lol.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Although I don't consider it a glitch, I do think the animation is sloppy because of it. I'd prefer a knock down animation specific to it.

Chris Harris

Not sure if anyone took the time to figure it out or not but you can't hold after Ayane does her old back throw. You get a free combo from it now.

DriftSlave

Mr. Wah on the front page can you add make corrections to my blunders.

:ayane: :4::H+K: only limbos on CounterHit, :4::K: or Sidestep :K: Ground Bounces, and Counter hit/Stun State :4::P: Mid level Launches.

Keylay

:4::h::+::K: also causes limbo on a critical stunned opponent but it depends on what stance (open/closed) you're in.

DriftSlave

:4::h::+::K: also causes limbo on a critical stunned opponent but it depends on what stance (open/closed) you're in.
did not know that in the slightest, but then again, i don't really try to depend on stuns too much...and since you said it's specific on if the stance is open or closed then It's almost a 50/50(take into account that im unaware of being able to change open/closed stance at will) , also it much be a critical stun too, but it's a great note still.

synce

Ayane's really grown on me... She feels a little wilder this time, everyone's kinda boring in comparison. I'll probably still main Zack or Bayman but right now Ayane's looking like a fun side character. DOA5 would be the first time I've seriously considered one of the (let's face it, OP) ninjas lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD