Dead or Alive 5: Director wants more cameos, ‘Ryo from Shenmue would be ideal’

KwonJigglypuff

What option would you prefer : Ryo included in DOA5 with Ein's moveset ? Akira wearing Ryo's costume ? Or none of these options because they suck ?

Dr Sexual

I just want Ein's moveset back. Even if its gotta be slapped on another character. Its perfectly viable and in reality different enough from Hitomi to warrant being in the game if possible.

PhoenixVFIRE

Pretty cool! I hope it happens! :D
It's a mistranslation.... after DOA5 means DOA6. But cameos are pretty lame any way you look at it. They're driven by nothing but greed. I'd rather see a new character that has some meaning in the greater picture
Is it really a mistranslation? That would suck if after meant DOA6, especially since DOA6 is probably going to happen on next gen consoles if it happens ever since they talked about an online mode that would only work for next gen that they were experimenting with.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I just want Ein's moveset back. Even if its gotta be slapped on another character. Its perfectly viable and in reality different enough from Hitomi to warrant being in the game if possible.

No ... just no.
No1 should have a moveset but the character it was meant for

fuck alpha patroklos, fuck omega phyrrah, fuck leixia, fuck natsu, and most of all... fuck xiba !
I dont want DOA to pull a soul calibur on us ..

if Eins movesets coming back .. it should be for Ein and Ein alone .

Pupi18

No ... just no.

fuck alpha patroklos, fuck omega phyrrah, fuck leixia, fuck natsu, and most of all... fuck xiba !

No ... just no.

Dat passion. While I personally don't care about Ein gotta appreciate that passion. Preach it boy!!!

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
No ... just no.

While I agree with this, I'd like to see someone get added to the game with SPARTAN-458's moveset, minus the plasma grenade obviously. I think Irene would fit the bill. They could even mix in a few of Leon's moves since the two styles were very similar.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I personally liked Tengu, a lot actually.
But I would take Leon over him anyday.

Honestly after talking to him and seeing how he received all our feedback. I have high hopes :)

now I just hope I convinced him about the hold recovery that needs to return...

DR2K

now I just hope I convinced him about the hold recovery that needs to return...

Based on what he said, and I agree with him. He probably wont.

If they add more recovery frames and keep the damage low, then holds would be incredibly weak. If the alternative is to raise their damage, then I'd rather keep it as is. The only hold that should get a nerf is low hold, it's evasiveness is too much.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Based on what he said, and I agree with him. He probably wont.

If they add more recovery frames and keep the damage low, then holds would be incredibly weak. If the alternative is to raise their damage, then I'd rather keep it as is. The only hold that should get a nerf is low hold, it's evasiveness is too much.

No, the E3 build was the perfect balance, and I explained this to him and he understood it very well.
In fact, when he asked Rev and Messy about their opinion on the matter they backed me up as well.
besides, its not just his call, its Shinbori's as well.

DR2K

No, the E3 build was the perfect balance, and I explained this to him and he understood it very well.
In fact, when he asked Rev and Messy about their opinion on the matter they backed me up as well.
besides, its not just his call, its Shinbori's as well.

You can't really establish "perfect" balance in a temporary build that a handful of people played. Holds should not not be nerfed anymore than they already are, it goes against the traingle system that established DOA. What you can do is look at holds throughout the series. What's perfect for you and a few others in this community is to make holds less effective via DOA4 backlash.

DOA5 holds as of gamescon build vs DOA4, have more recovery frames, can not be used in all stuns, new stuns that don't allow for holds, do less damage, can not be used in the wall, can not be used when in enviorment stun.

Throws and attacks got buffed big time. Throws lead into guaranteed damage that nullify holds, retain their high damage aginst holds, and got buffed on a character to character basis. Attacks give frame advantage, can still be delayed forever, 2in1, 3 in1, can put you in stuns that avoid holds, can launch on NH, launcher even higher on mid stun, can be done out of sidestep, etc. . .

They're trying to keep the triangle system in place and some of your ideas are trying to destory it.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Why's Hayashi so obsessed with story mode anyway? You want to make Ein cannon? Fine. Hayate's hanging a clock above his toilet, slips, hits his head and then gets the idea to invent the flux capacitor, which is what makes time travel possible. Or forgets ninjitsu and his alias, whatever....

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
DOA5 holds as of gamescon build vs DOA4, have more recovery frames

Whats the point of longer recovery if you don't have the time to punish it before the opponent goes back to fucking neutral to hold you with a FULL DAMAGE HOLD OUT OF STUN?

And whats the point of String delay if you cant bait out a hold and your input ends up coming out in the reset situation where the opponent can HOLD OUT OF STUN or BLOCK AND PUNISH ?

Whats the fucking point of a -40 stun if you can hold to reduce it to -30 ?

These shitty scenarios are what fucks up offense. and these shitty senarios are a huge part of what made DOA unrespected for a long long time.
Reducing the total length of the hold (regardless of the Active/recovery ratio) fucks offense and gives bullshit pointless defending advantage.regardless of all the sit-downs , Faints, 2-in-1s, or burst... you need to fucking earn them first and with a short Hold that just fucks things up.

If anything the holds feel like DOA4 ... FUCKING DOA4 ...the 5 frame difference is so damn drastic it makes me cringe inside..

Thanks but no thanks.
Holds need to be long like the alpha demo and the E3 build where it felt just right catering for PROPER OFFENSE and NOT SPAMMABLE DEFENSE.

DR2K

Whats the point of longer recovery if you don't have the time to punish it before the opponent goes back to fucking neutral to hold you with a FULL DAMAGE HOLD OUT OF STUN?

And whats the point of String delay if you cant bait out a hold and your input ends up coming out in the reset situation where the opponent can HOLD OUT OF STUN or BLOCK AND PUNISH ?

Whats the fucking point of a -40 stun if you can hold to reduce it to -30 ?

These shitty scenarios are what fucks up offense. and these shitty senarios are a huge part of what made DOA unrespected for a long long time.
Reducing the total length of the hold (regardless of the Active/recovery ratio) fucks offense and gives bullshit pointless defending advantage.regardless of all the sit-downs , Faints, 2-in-1s, or burst... you need to fucking earn them first and with a short Hold that just fucks things up.

If anything the holds feel like DOA4 ... FUCKING DOA4 ...the 5 frame difference is so damn drastic it makes me cringe inside..

Thanks but no thanks.
Holds need to be long like the alpha demo and the E3 build where it felt just right catering for PROPER OFFENSE and NOT SPAMMABLE DEFENSE.

You do have time to punish as seen in the last round of videos and footage. See how Punishere was taking advantage of players that were spamming hold. Not a single player was putting themselves into advantagous situations with holds. The risk just isn't as favorable in DOA4.

Holds are fine as they are, they've been nerfed enough as it is. Everything else has been buffed and there are characters that can play outside the stun system to boot because of it. These are the facts. You're probably better off playing another game if you don't like the way holds are being handled. They're going to stay integral to the system regardless.

Batcommander

Why's Hayashi so obsessed with story mode anyway? You want to make Ein cannon? Fine. Hayate's hanging a clock above his toilet, slips, hits his head and then gets the idea to invent the flux capacitor, which is what makes time travel possible. Or forgets ninjitsu and his alias, whatever....

Sigh, i wish they would scrap story mode to be honest, give everyone the usual 20 second nonsensical CGI ending, and focus on handing out 10-12 costumes per character like DOA2:H.

But i guess that's just me :cool:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Sigh, i wish they would scrap story mode to be honest, give everyone the usual 20 second nonsensical CGI ending, and focus on handing out 10-12 costumes per character like DOA2:H.

But i guess that's just me :cool:

Dont worry about costumes... ;)
theres gonna be a ton ..

and Hayashi kinda said that we're gonna get a fair share of DLC costumes as well :)

Batcommander

Dont worry about costumes... ;)
theres gonna be a ton ..

and Hayashi kinda said that we're gonna get a fair share of DLC costumes as well :)
Ooh, you mean there will be more than five per character, excluding color swaps? (thought that was the norm). If so, that sounds DELICIOUS!

/bison.jpg

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
You're probably better off playing another game if you don't like the way holds are being handled. They're going to stay integral to the system regardless.

I KNOW they are integral.
I was the biggest opposition against removing holds from stun.
I know their importance.

Heres the thing, you're basing alot of your shit on visuals.
I on the other hand rinsed the hell out of the E3 build and intend to rinse the hell out of the Gamescom build.
If holds remain as they are now, all the bad issues that used to rise before will rise again especially since they currently have the same frame count as before. These so called issues were completely eliminated in the Alpha and E3 builds and now they have returned. Yes, 5 extra frames made that much of a world of a change.

I continue to say that this is a big issue.

These 5 frames will allow the player to guess, but if he guesses wrong then hes fucked. unlike before where he would go for a low hold, and then be able to hold again even if it was a wrong guess.

another issure to consider is that this also balanced out frame advantage after a reset. when you did a low hold in the alpha demo to avoid a high, even though the situation was reset with the next attack, the attacker still had the frame advantage. where as now, its back to DOA4 status where the situation is completely reset to neutral or even in favor of the HOLDER at times... which is fucked up.

DR2K

It isn't a big issue, because systematically holds have been nerfed. You will not be gaining big advantages with holds. The punishment is so skewed in the attackers favor that it's ridiculous to try to consistantly rely on them.

Would you be in favor of increasing the hold frame recovery by 5, but returning to DOA4 damage?

I am in favor of low holds getting a recovery nerf though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD