Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

Umm, quick question... Did Team Ninja remove the ability to Hold wake up kicks? I remember being able to do that in Hardcore.....

Naw you can still hold them, I think you may be forgetting that one you have to mid kick hold which is a 6H input as opposed to the low wake up which is a 1H

DR2K

They warrant nerfing because they're stupid. I should have HAVE to guess after I knock you down.

You're playing the wrong game if you think it's stupid to guess after you land a hit. There are tons of ways of punishing and baiting wake up kicks.

Why should you be at advantage after you launched a person done a 50-60% damage combo?

Jefffcore

You're playing the wrong game if you think it's stupid to guess after you land a hit. There are tons of ways of punishing and baiting wake up kicks.

Why should you be at advantage after you launched a person done a 50-60% damage combo?
Wake up kicks are stupid. I'm going to keep saying it, I don't care if you understand or not, but i'm not talking about it anymore; they're STUPID.

RoboJoe

Wake up kicks are stupid. I'm going to keep saying it, I don't care if you understand or not, but i'm not talking about it anymore; they're STUPID.

You wrote earlier that you heard wake up kicks are getting nerfed in the coming patch, where did you hear this?

Justice

No you can still hold them.

Naw you can still hold them, I think you may be forgetting that one you have to mid kick hold which is a 6H input as opposed to the low wake up which is a 1H

Thanks a bunch guys. I was being sarcastic :cool:

The point being is that if you think wake up kicks are stoopid, you are really playing the wrong genre of game since every fighting game has some form of wakeup attack and a wide variety of counters for them.

If you really hate wake up kicks that much, main Alpha and see how far you get ;)

DR2K

I just don't think you quite understand. Since wake up kicks are not an issue on any level.

Chaos

I'm very happy that they remove high wake up kicks, being able to counter hold during a wall bounce & jumping.... all 3 of these are STUPID.

HiguraShiki

Thanks a bunch guys. I was being sarcastic :cool:

The point being is that if you think wake up kicks are stoopid, you are really playing the wrong genre of game since every fighting game has some form of wakeup attack and a wide variety of counters for them.

If you really hate wake up kicks that much, main Alpha and see how far you get ;)
He's not saying that he won't play a character without wakeup kicks, he just said the concept of wake up kicks are stupid. And not every fighting game has wakeup kicks. 2D fighters and SF for one do not have wakeup kicks. Also, wakeup kicks are so much more punishable in VF5FS than in DOA5.

Justice

He's not saying that he won't play a character without wakeup kicks, he just said the concept of wake up kicks are stupid. And not every fighting game has wakeup kicks. 2D fighters and SF for one do not have wakeup kicks. Also, wakeup kicks are so much more punishable in VF5FS than in DOA5.
I said wakeup attacks, not kicks. MK has them, I don't play Capcom games anymore but I'm sure they have some form of wakeup game.

The point being that if a game doesn't have some way to stop the momentum of a player, then it comes down to whoever lands the first kombo wins. And that is just no fun for anyone.

HiguraShiki

I said wakeup attacks, not kicks. MK has them, I don't play Capcom games anymore but I'm sure they have some form of wakeup game.

The point being that if a game doesn't have some way to stop the momentum of a player, then it comes down to whoever lands the first kombo wins. And that is just no fun for anyone.
uhh... you said wakeup kicks.... i quoted directly from your post :confused:
Ehh nvm you ment wake up attacks when you were saying every fighting game has them. But actually this applies too. Most games don't have wakeup attacks.

Mailifang

In all seriousness though I will say that teleport backdashing thing is a glitch and it needs to get patched. After reading back 4 pages on the issue I feel I need to add my 2 cents on the matter.

* After reading the past 4 to 5 pages of posts the debate over this glitch goes well beyond just DOA5. Its an issue that affects all of competitive gaming.

*It also proves what many players (including myself) have realized about many American players in general.American players like their fighting games fun,flashy,textbook, and unbalanced. The DOA series has always been fun,flashy, and unbalanced.Its just the counter hold system keeps the game from being textbook and that (oh and the majority of the FGC's fear of big boobies) is what has kept DOA from being played by the majority of the players in the competitive FGC.

*Most of the American players in the FGC like games that can be broken down easily and have enough game play quirks and flaws to where they can consider it "depth" to the game play. Which is why games like the VF series barely has a large US community.Because its technical and all its options are in your face right off the bat. Its game play structure is almost air tight and not as easily broken down or exploitable as other fighting games. Basically the VF games take a lot of time a "work "to be consistently good.

*The debate brought up the issue of fair and balanced game play experience for all players vs a game that is still competitively viable even if the game has exploitable game play mechanics as long as the players accept it. Which is a very touchy subject especially discussed among those with a "Killer" (playing to win by any means necessary mindset.)mentality towards competitive play.

*In my opinion going back and posting links to or mouthing off someones "idealology" or rant on how to play to win ( in order to back up your way of playing a game) that was written 6 or 7 yrs ago just proves that the FGC hasn't moved past the age of adolescence in terms of maturity level. I'm sure the guys who wrote those articles are well past their prime as far as competing.And fighting games are entering a new era as far as popularity,media coverage, and the rise of Esports aka video games being played for sport with money and sponsorship's on the line. More so than just a bragging rights for you,your crew, and your city.

* With these changes comes structure. And structure begins with how the game plays. No matter how much a community will accept and support a busted ass buggy game(like MvC2), it is still a busted ass buggy game.And I'm sure new players who are coming in to the FGC don't want to play a busted ass buggy game that encourages players to take advantage of busted ass characters and exploiting glitchy ass game play. That will allow players to hide behind the whole "playing to win" mantra to support their "killer" mentality.

*Sure unbalanced yet fun flashy fighting games are fun to watch and get hype over but at the end of the day that's really all they are good for. Its about time the FGC grows up and demand more out of the games(and its players) they play as far as quality.Especially if money from viewership,sponsorship's and advertisers comes into play.

*American mainstream sports have evolved and changed over time from mere games played in empty lots to players making 10's to 100 's of millions dollars over 5 to 6 years. These sports adapted rules and had structure to make the game fair for all the players involved. Sure you could say if the game allows you to do certain things that give you an unfair advantage and if it isn't against the rules why shouldn't you use it? When a game is treated more than a game it becomes a sport.It becomes a contest in which players prove their worth not only as a player but who they are as a person when playing the game. If you exploit the rules for you own personal gain it makes you look like a douche when it comes to the game. Yeah there will always be others than share your same mentality towards douchery and back you up.But in the eyes of those players who give their all and play within the confines of the rules or game play without using cheats or exploiting flaws in the game you will be seen as a douche. I'm sure many "killer" type of players could careless.Which is fine with me.I like having diverse mind sets in the FGC. But I draw the line at when these "killer" type players dictate how players should play the game.And if the player doesn't have a "killer" mind set they are hit with names like "scrub". If you want to be a douche while playing the game that's fine but keep the name calling to yourself or apply it to those whiney ass players who don't want to get better at the game and play it properly.

*There is difference from not being good at a game but wanting to get better and being a scrubby player.

*You can also still have a "killer" mentality and not be a douche as a player.Its called having integrity for the game and sportsmanship.I'm sure a few of you here cringe like Superman in the presence of Kryptonite whenever "sportsmanship" is mentioned in online forums.Yet a majority of you would be salty as hell if you got your ass kicked at an offline tournament by a player using "bush league Scrubby" tactics,using unbalanced OP characters or exploiting game play glitches in order to win. While those who use these tactics in the first place wouldn't care.

*Making better less glitchy games would ease some of the "salt" and make players actually play better then trying to find and use exploitable game play flaws in order to win.

All I'm saying is just because something allows you to do something doesn't meant its right to use it.Especially if its glitch that is only available to only a minor fraction of the roster. Right now it doesn't appear to be hurting the offline and online competitive aspects of the game. And it requires high finger dexterity in orde to pull it off.But if I was Team Ninja I would definitely make a note of it.So when it does pop up in a major offline event and people are abusing the hell out of it I would be ready to patch it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD