News Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Confirmed Gen and Trailer Released

BwXA7fWCcAENF67.jpg

Speaking from the main stage of Summer Jam 8, Team NINJA Creative Director Tom Lee has just confirmed that Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be hitting all consoles DoA5U has already released on as well Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The same teaser shown earlier today in Japan at the DoA5U Summer Carnival by Hayashi Yosuke was shown on stage (in English this time) and the game will be arriving Spring 2015. It was also confirmed to be the final Dead or Alive 5 installment. Please continue the discussion below!

Update: The Japanese trailer has been released! Check below for my analysis and be sure to add anything I might have missed!

• Crimson returns as a playable stage. The time of day seems exactly the same from DoA2U and there is a lot more going on in the background. Later shots of the stage don't confirm it but the hidden room is likely going to return. Wonder what knocking someone into the TV will do this time around? And maybe that TV in the opening shot is the same one from the hidden room.
  • Way more particle effects on everything from explosions to hitting the energy walls to slamming into the floor on the Lab
  • New visual effect on Critical Burst
  • Call me crazy but there seem to be far more penguins on Ends of the Earth
  • New hairstyles for the girls
  • Anti-aliasing making everything look far more clean
  • New tag intros
  • Costume contest entries showing up in the announcement trailer
  • DangerZone returns but remember that super high bounce is likely after a KO, not just a normal stage mechanic
  • Waiting for a translation for the Core Fighters slide

Last edited:
Has there actually been confirmation we'll see new characters? I'm not entirely convinced we'll be seeing new characters with this version.

Also, I don't mind seeing a VF character like Wolf or Kage, but it can also be a pitfall for TN because there's a lot of balancing you need to do for those characters.
TN didn't bother with anything like "balance" when porting Sarah. Why start now?

Has there actually been confirmation we'll see new characters? I'm not entirely convinced we'll be seeing new characters with this version.

There hasn't been any hint of any more characters however the possibility is there especially since they have until spring. We only have 5-->5U to go off but if they continue that trend we may see 1-2 additional characters.

We don't really need anymore characters.

But basically, Ein and the netcode both need to not suck. If that comes to reality, and the price tag isn't 60 bucks, I'll probably pick the game up. Balance/System improvements otherwise is icing on the cake, and in that regard, I'm not holding my breath.

But basically, Ein and the netcode both need to not suck. If that comes to reality, and the price tag isn't 60 bucks, I'll probably pick the game up. Balance/System improvements otherwise is icing on the cake, and in that regard, I'm not holding my breath.
Let's be honest, the chances of Ein getting any better is like Marie Rose having a growth spurt and turning 18 for real

Let's be honest, the chances of Ein getting any better is like Marie Rose having a growth spurt and turning 18 for real
Not necessarily, not this time. This will more than likely be the last major update for this game before it's packed away. But it is the last chance, and I'll be instrumental in making sure it's known that it needs to be done.

I thought about buying all the characters for Core Fighters, but I think that I might save it for buying Last Round, as it comes for PS3 too.

I'm hoping that the balance would not change much from what it is now .. (hoping ... )

I am really excited though about the new stages ... that always adds an amazing dynamic to the matches .. (still hoping for Aerial Gardens :) )

Also, Its uncertain whether we'll get anymore characters ... but if we do I hope for more male representation... namely:
Raidou, Kage (VF) , and Wolf (VF)
I agree, needs more male representation, but looks like there will be Senran Kagura guest characters. I won't be touching this game if there's no more male characters. The addition of this game having lots of female characters is starting to get bland and old. For me to even touch it, It has to have at least two additional male characters (hopefully at least one completely brand new), and it needs an in-depth story mode. Don't see any reason to touch it if it's just more effects, two extra stages, and some minor additions...and then you wait till Spring...just no! Not really a real update, would be happy with stage DLC=Save money

If you're getting the PS4/X1 version then I agree. There's going to be updated graphics (apparently it looks even better than the screenshots we're currently seeing? :eek:) and this will pretty much be the first true 3D fighter on current gen consoles. However if you're getting the PS3/360 version and you owned 5U, I would think that TN would need more justification making these players buy a third version especially if they bought all 3 DLC fighters.

I agree, needs more male representation, but looks like there will be Senran Kagura guest characters. I won't be touching this game if there's no more male characters. The addition of this game having lots of female characters is starting to get bland and old. For me to even touch it, It has to have at least two additional male characters (hopefully at least one completely brand new), and it needs an in-depth story mode. Don't see any reason to touch it if it's just more effects, two extra stages, and some minor additions...and then you wait till Spring...just no! Not really a real update, would be happy with stage DLC=Save money

the Senran Kagura is only a costume colab..

By the way @CyberEvil , the translation for the Core Fighters slide is just saying they've reached 1.5m downloads and (I'm not sure about this part) it says something about the DLC. I *think* it says you can carry over your DLC, but not 100%.

By the way @CyberEvil , the translation for the Core Fighters slide is just saying they've reached 1.5m downloads and (I'm not sure about this part) it says something about the DLC. I *think* it says you can carry over your DLC, but not 100%.
Guess we'll have to wait and see when Team NINJA does the English announcement. Traditionally, what, like a few days after Japanese?

Guess we'll have to wait and see when Team NINJA does the English announcement. Traditionally, what, like a few days after Japanese?
Something like that. Typically the next day or the day after that. Always when I'm in a meeting at work and can't do anything.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD