News Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Confirmed Gen and Trailer Released

BwXA7fWCcAENF67.jpg

Speaking from the main stage of Summer Jam 8, Team NINJA Creative Director Tom Lee has just confirmed that Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be hitting all consoles DoA5U has already released on as well Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The same teaser shown earlier today in Japan at the DoA5U Summer Carnival by Hayashi Yosuke was shown on stage (in English this time) and the game will be arriving Spring 2015. It was also confirmed to be the final Dead or Alive 5 installment. Please continue the discussion below!

Update: The Japanese trailer has been released! Check below for my analysis and be sure to add anything I might have missed!

• Crimson returns as a playable stage. The time of day seems exactly the same from DoA2U and there is a lot more going on in the background. Later shots of the stage don't confirm it but the hidden room is likely going to return. Wonder what knocking someone into the TV will do this time around? And maybe that TV in the opening shot is the same one from the hidden room.
  • Way more particle effects on everything from explosions to hitting the energy walls to slamming into the floor on the Lab
  • New visual effect on Critical Burst
  • Call me crazy but there seem to be far more penguins on Ends of the Earth
  • New hairstyles for the girls
  • Anti-aliasing making everything look far more clean
  • New tag intros
  • Costume contest entries showing up in the announcement trailer
  • DangerZone returns but remember that super high bounce is likely after a KO, not just a normal stage mechanic
  • Waiting for a translation for the Core Fighters slide

Last edited:
@werewolfgold or someone that know the Japanese, could translated please this extract of the interview with Hayashi at Summer Festival?

4Gamer:
 PS4やXbox Oneの格闘ゲームは,まだまだ数が少ないですものね。でも,PS4のシェア機能なんて,まさに格闘ゲーム向けの機能なんじゃないかって気がします。

早矢仕P:
 ええ。なので,DOA5シリーズをずっと遊んでくれている皆さんが移行しやすいように,これまでのDLCをすべて引き継げるように作っているんですよ。
 PlayStation NetworkとXbox Liveそれぞれのアカウントを利用した引き継ぎではありますが,ぜひ発売された暁には,戦いの場をPS4とXboxOneに移してもらえればと。2015年春を目標に鋭意制作中ですので,期待しておいてください。

(Source of the interview: http://www.4gamer.net/games/224/G022452/20140902097/ )

I would love to know if Hayashi is talking of DLC crossed between the old versions of the game to LR (so confirming that not all the past DLC will be included in LR) or if he is meaning just the opposite (so that the old DLC will be already included in the new game)

So excited to see more of the costume entries, PLEASE, I hope my Tina entry gets in (dunno what i would do to get it in 5FR).

Anyone else wondering if they will put new, non-existing-DLC characters into this version, like the way they did with Jackie and the NG girls?

If they don't, can they really justify a brand new release? IMPO you can't charge full price for a few new rounds, hair styles and exclusive outfits, which will have more DLC anyway that this version will only be able to get.

So excited to see more of the costume entries, PLEASE, I hope my Tina entry gets in (dunno what i would do to get it in 5FR).

Anyone else wondering if they will put new, non-existing-DLC characters into this version, like the way they did with Jackie and the NG girls?

If they don't, can they really justify a brand new release? IMPO you can't charge full price for a few new rounds, hair styles and exclusive outfits, which will have more DLC anyway that this version will only be able to get.

We say just a first teaser of the trailer, I believe that it's too much soon to get the conclusions from it about the sure presence or less of new characters (and of course would be silly to think that TN already revealed all their news for the game in this first video when there are still 7-9 months before its release).

Personally I believe that we will get both characters already included in disc and later DLC ones along the first year of life of the game, so exacly like already happened for 5U. However my thoughts are just speculation like the ones of everyone so far, we need of course of more info from the same developers.

@werewolfgold or someone that know the Japanese, could translated please this extract of the interview with Hayashi at Summer Festival?

4Gamer:
 PS4やXbox Oneの格闘ゲームは,まだまだ数が少ないですものね。でも,PS4のシェア機能なんて,まさに格闘ゲーム向けの機能なんじゃないかって気がします。

早矢仕P:
 ええ。なので,DOA5シリーズをずっと遊んでくれている皆さんが移行しやすいように,これまでのDLCをすべて引き継げるように作っているんですよ。
 PlayStation NetworkとXbox Liveそれぞれのアカウントを利用した引き継ぎではありますが,ぜひ発売された暁には,戦いの場をPS4とXboxOneに移してもらえればと。2015年春を目標に鋭意制作中ですので,期待しておいてください。

(Source of the interview: http://www.4gamer.net/games/224/G022452/20140902097/ )

I would love to know if Hayashi is talking of DLC crossed between the old versions of the game to LR (so confirming that not all the past DLC will be included in LR) or if he is meaning just the opposite (so that the old DLC will be already included in the new game)
4Gamer:
There still aren't a lot of fighting games for the PS4 and Xbone. But, the PS4's share feature really seems like some made for fighting games, I think.

Hayashi:
Yeah. So, to make the transition easier for the people that have been playing the DOA5 series for all this time, we're making it so that all of the DLC thus far can be carried over. The PSN and Xbox Live accounts that were used will continue, but when the time comes everything will be swapped to the next gen. We're shooting for a Spring 2015 release, so please look forward to it.

So, yeah, it sounds like there's little plan to include any previous DLC from the get go in LR so as not to piss off those that already bought them this time (perhaps?).

4Gamer:
There still aren't a lot of fighting games for the PS4 and Xbone. But, the PS4's share feature really seems like some made for fighting games, I think.

Hayashi:
Yeah. So, to make the transition easier for the people that have been playing the DOA5 series for all this time, we're making it so that all of the DLC thus far can be carried over. The PSN and Xbox Live accounts that were used will continue, but when the time comes everything will be swapped to the next gen. We're shooting for a Spring 2015 release, so please look forward to it.

So, yeah, it sounds like there's little plan to include any previous DLC from the get go in LR so as not to piss off those that already bought them this time (perhaps?).
Correct. Check out the article just posted this morning. They've officially confirmed everything with DLC.

That's because nobody checks the front page first, which they should. ;)

I assure you that was just a case, I check always the first page XD But I know what you mean because exactly the same happens to me on DOAW where I need to promote the news too :p

Was wondering if they'd do this. Was scratching my head why DoA5U wasn't headed the PS4s or Xb1s way, now I know why at least. They're pulling Cashcom "Ultimate SF4" thing. I'll get it for PS4 & Xb1, but DoA5U will still be my mainstay on my current consoles, I'm not made of money.

Im still curious as to why we're paying 10 extra bucks for next-gen version. Graphics? Just because it's next-gen version? Scratching my head here -.-. Like i said previously, im going to get it on my XB1 anyways but i'd like to know why it's more expensive in the future.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD