News Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Confirmed Gen and Trailer Released

BwXA7fWCcAENF67.jpg

Speaking from the main stage of Summer Jam 8, Team NINJA Creative Director Tom Lee has just confirmed that Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be hitting all consoles DoA5U has already released on as well Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The same teaser shown earlier today in Japan at the DoA5U Summer Carnival by Hayashi Yosuke was shown on stage (in English this time) and the game will be arriving Spring 2015. It was also confirmed to be the final Dead or Alive 5 installment. Please continue the discussion below!

Update: The Japanese trailer has been released! Check below for my analysis and be sure to add anything I might have missed!

• Crimson returns as a playable stage. The time of day seems exactly the same from DoA2U and there is a lot more going on in the background. Later shots of the stage don't confirm it but the hidden room is likely going to return. Wonder what knocking someone into the TV will do this time around? And maybe that TV in the opening shot is the same one from the hidden room.
  • Way more particle effects on everything from explosions to hitting the energy walls to slamming into the floor on the Lab
  • New visual effect on Critical Burst
  • Call me crazy but there seem to be far more penguins on Ends of the Earth
  • New hairstyles for the girls
  • Anti-aliasing making everything look far more clean
  • New tag intros
  • Costume contest entries showing up in the announcement trailer
  • DangerZone returns but remember that super high bounce is likely after a KO, not just a normal stage mechanic
  • Waiting for a translation for the Core Fighters slide

Last edited:
Cow, you don't need to post that here too. I'm on board but let's keep this thread focused on just what's been announced. I'm hoping netcode gets a bump too but we'll see.

Graphics comparison

PS3 vanilla
9wsbfWd.jpg

vs

PS4 last round
BoHtF8f.jpg

Looks like PS4 version will finally match the PS3 bullshots, but otherwise I see no improvement.

If someone has the time and desire they can probably recreate the official LR screens in DOA5's photo mode for a better comparison

Graphics comparison

PS3 vanilla
9wsbfWd.jpg

vs

PS4 last round
BoHtF8f.jpg

Looks like PS4 version will finally match the PS3 bullshots, but otherwise I see no improvement.

If someone has the time and desire they can probably recreate the official LR screens in DOA5's photo mode for a better comparison
TN said that PS4/XBOX ONE graphics will be shown later...

And I won't repeat myself.
Please don't lock this thread I actually like this thread :<

But anyway, this whole "Senran Kagura Collaboration" thing sounds like we might be getting more characters. I'm actually excited for this because I can finally spend another 600 hours on a game again without getting bored, but, on the downside, I might have to unlock all those online win titles again... ;__;

Please don't lock this thread I actually like this thread :<

But anyway, this whole "Senran Kagura Collaboration" thing sounds like we might be getting more characters. I'm actually excited for this because I can finally spend another 600 hours on a game again without getting bored, but, on the downside, I might have to unlock all those online win titles again... ;__;

I am guessing, more likely to be costumes from Senran Kagura.

Are you guys seriously gonna compare graphics using .jpg images¿ lol

Now, I'll most likely end up buying it for PS4 but I can't deny that's it's lame forcing people to buy the game three times. As long as the new content (stages, characters) and gameplay updates are good, I'll be happy.

Well, I've been disconnected from DOA for like 2 months or more, maybe. I was planning getting back when NyoTengu came out (tomorrow), and these news got my attention. I could say I wouldn't buy it, but who am I kidding? DOA is my favorite FG, and I will buy it. Even if I truly think this relaunch the same game with a new hat is tiring...

What I expect to see on Last Round is a better and improved netcode. Playing other FGs make me see how bad and trashy DOA5U's netcode is. In any case, I just hope for that and FINAL balance changes. Maybe some more BRAND NEW characters.

I was planning to pick up a PS4 before economy crashes (again) in Argentina. Maybe this news is what I needed to completely convince me :p

Oh no! Seeing Crimson and Danger Zone slowly lowers the chances of stages I actually want. However, Danger Zone will be a lot of fun, I remember playing DOA1U and that mechanic was sorely missed.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD