Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keved

Heres something to talk about.

U want the collectables from survival that we had in previous doas to come back? :)

I miss the pre-doa5 tag survival with the knockdown droppings :(
I'd love this to come back into survival! I use to love kicking the color out of Jann Lee for his chips, burgers & soft drinks, stomping on Tina's head for her lipstick & pouncing on Zacks corpse until he gave me that icy pole.

I remember playing DOA3 years ago & the sigh of relief of seeing that shiny Xbox console pop out after spamming Lei Fangs stomp on every fighters corpse was just such an epic feeling knowing I've just unlocked a new costume :cool:

"Give me your carrots!"

*Slap*

"Give me your money"

*Slap*

"Give me your perfume"

*Slap*

KwonJigglypuff

U want the collectables from survival that we had in previous doas to come back? :)

Yes! Each character should have a "special item".
Well actually, they should have used this way to unlock the "legend bikinis". (mini-skateboard for Tina, martini for Lisa, whip for Christie..)

They got lazy with Survival.. it was boring.

Xernuht

I'd mostly just like more alternatives for costume unlocking. I mean, the fact that Story Mode covered 80-something % of the cast, but you only got 2 costume unlocks for Kasumi at the end? Sure, it had my favorite Kasumi costume as a final reward, but still, WTF TN? You could have left the arcade/survival/time attack unlocks, but add a couple to story mode as well. Everyone loves in-game rewards.

Kronin

I retweeted this countless times to Team Ninja ;)

From the fans, the major wishes for the offline modes are these two:
- Bring back the old survival mode with collectables elements able to give life, points and time extra
- Add FMV video at the end of the Arcade for all the characters (like for the past story mode in DoA3/4)

I know that many people here could be not interested in them, but personally I really hope that Team Ninja decide to fulfill also these requests.

I'd mostly just like more alternatives for costume unlocking. I mean, the fact that Story Mode covered 80-something % of the cast, but you only got 2 costume unlocks for Kasumi at the end? Sure, it had my favorite Kasumi costume as a final reward, but still, WTF TN? You could have left the arcade/survival/time attack unlocks, but add a couple to story mode as well. Everyone loves in-game rewards.

I agree, I loved the different ways to unlock outfits like it was possible in DoA3.

Chaos

I'd love this to come back into survival! I use to love kicking the color out of Jann Lee for his chips, burgers & soft drinks, stomping on Tina's head for her lipstick & pouncing on Zacks corpse until he gave me that icy pole.

I remember playing DOA3 years ago & the sigh of relief of seeing that shiny Xbox console pop out after spamming Lei Fangs stomp on every fighters corpse was just such an epic feeling knowing I've just unlocked a new costume :cool:

"Give me your carrots!"

*Slap*

"Give me your money"

*Slap*

"Give me your perfume"

*Slap*

I used to eject my PS2 just because I wanted to unlock every single costume all at once lol. It was hilarious seeing items poping out everytime the CPU was getting kicked & squash like a bug lol.

Xernuht

Perhaps an option like Injustice. You earn items to unlock costumes, but you choose what to unlock. That way, you can focus on playing the characters you want to, but can unlock the costumes you want for the others without getting the ones you don't.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Do you guys think we'll get a collectors edition for DOA5U like Japan did? Or at least get a pre-order code for the Idol Costumes and/or Sexy Swimsuits? I hope so

I'm pretty sure TN already said that the CE was JP only besides would you really want to spend an extra $110 for jjust a mousepad promo cards and the eventually to become public swimsuit DLC?

the pre-order costumes are likely though

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Hey Guys, look at what I found.
Forgive me if it's fake.
ein_doa5_xnalara_by_enlightendshadow-d669ccd.png

Zeo

Pretty sure it's confirmed. I saw a video where Ein was shirtless for his 3rd costume. It's more than likely the red pants and chains.

Kritoth

I posted this in another thread, realized it was the wrong one, deleted it and am reposting in this thread.

first: I agree with a lot that has been mentioned, but I do have something I'd like to see. Of course, I don't necessarily need it in, I can adapt if it doesn't make it in ever.

1. getting guaranteed throws off of certain types of stuns or GBs.

I find it aggravating that if I GB, for instance, I can't throw since ince the opponent has invincible frames during GB or stuns.
It'd a nice addition to mixup if you could free cancel, GB/some specific stun, and then throw.
But that might further the randomness of the game, though. *shrug*

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I posted this in another thread, realized it was the wrong one, deleted it and am reposting in this thread.

first: I agree with a lot that has been mentioned, but I do have something I'd like to see. Of course, I don't necessarily need it in, I can adapt if it doesn't make it in ever.

1. getting guaranteed throws off of certain types of stuns or GBs.

I find it aggravating that if I GB, for instance, I can't throw since ince the opponent has invincible frames during GB or stuns.
It'd a nice addition to mixup if you could free cancel, GB/some specific stun, and then throw.
But that might further the randomness of the game, though. *shrug*

Try posting it on this thread:
http://freestepdodge.com/threads/competitive-balance-doa5u-mechanics-changes.2972
That's where everybody is debating about the system changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD