Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Helena

Akumasama

Not sure if there anybody posted that, i found that both pseudo FTs for a few.

214PP 66K +18
BT4PK BKO2K +13
What is a "pseudo FT"? A Pseudo Forced Tech? But still, what does the "pseudo" stand for?

Also, out of curiosity, anybody knows "LipsLikeSugar" (Gamertag on X360, not exactely that but has that in the middle)?
She claims to be the best Helena player on Xbox Live.
And she's pretty good on offense. Very good attack patterns, good variations, high unpredictability, good stun game.
Not as good in defense, but still overall a nice player.
Bit arrogant maybe, but hey she's American... find me an american competitive player who's not arrogant lol

ninjaguy446

I'm back again for more advice! Does anyone know how to deal with that hoe Pai? It seems like she's faster than me and her mixups are better. What should I be holding? Is BKO a good idea? Sidestep? How do I stop her onslaught of attacks?​

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
whats the input for that special bt backdash? right at the beginning:

I too know how to do this (considering that I play Pai). All you have to do is input 4 then 1 quickly (and repetitively) while back turned. If you do it wrong, you'll end up facing the opponent.

Akumasama

I wonder if these are things that the programmers put in the game on purpose, with the clear thought of giving some additional tool meant to be used, or if they are just a bug that they didn't notice but then decided to leave it in game because they considered it harmless/funny (or they couldn't be bothered to patch it)

It looks really ugly, aesthetically, and I have to say in general DoA5 is a (very very small) step backwards in that sense. Too many long and ugly juggles compared to previous episodes. Altough the situation, luckily, is nowhere near as bad as other 3D titles.

Pictured Mind

whats the input for that special bt backdash? right at the beginning:

You guys didn't know this? LOL that's basically the first thing I ever tried with Helena.

First you do 2P+K to get into BKO stance, then press 7 to go to BT and then just mash 414141414141414141414141.
It's actually pretty easy and fun to use against friends.

Omegan Eckhart

Could you always low throw Helena for free after blocking her handslaps if she tried to standing block afterwards? Seems like something I'd remember...

Edit: Who is Quentin Chesnay? I keep getting people sending me messages reading, "Hello Mr Chesnay how are you?, and messages just saying, "Quentin". What the fuck is this bullshit about?

Last edited:

Pictured Mind

Anybody have some good pressure tips for me? Basically good ways to keep pressure and rush the opponent down? Any info is welcome.

ninjaguy446

Anybody have some good pressure tips for me? Basically good ways to keep pressure and rush the opponent down? Any info is welcome.
Well, Helena thrives by playing the stun game, so that's basically where you always want to be since her mixups are ridiculous. Also, make sure that you utilize all three of her stances (FT, BT, and BKO). She has great stun extenders and launchers from each. Make sure that you utilize her throws. BT T guarantees 3PP and from there you can go into BT with 3PP4 and loop the throw, hit the with BT 4P if they duck, BT 66K, or you can continue the stun FT. 214T guarantees BKO 6PP and you can continue the stun or do another 214T or go into BKO T. You can pretty much do a lot of creative stuff with Helena. To start stuns try 33P, 33P4P BKO 6P4P, K series, PKK, BT 4P/P, BT 66K,2H+K, etc. To extend stuns you can use all of the above and BT 4P+K, 9P4, 6P4, 44P, BKO 6PP, 8P, BKO P, P, etc. Also, doing 3PP4, 6P4, 8PP4, or 44P will reset the stun and you can restun them from BT. You can do BT 66K, BT 2H+K, BT 4PP, etc. Hope this helps.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD