[Dec 18, 2013] DOA5U @ Wednesday Night Fights (Walnut, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBurger

Yeah, no doubt. It's a difficult thing for sure. Chemistry is HUGE. Is there any understanding of what about and when the technical guy should be commenting and when the color/hype guy should get into it. Or are we all free-for-all gunslinging it?

I'm not trying to impose anything upon the community at all. Especially not something that's possibly too rigid for the subject of discussion. I'm just way more familiar with traditional broadcasting than the FGC style world and looking to see if maybe some of the understood "rules" of traditional broadcasting might be useful in developing a few sets of us to be awesome commentators.

Honestly I think its the same, sports commentary/FGC commentary. At least if we want to present the game in a professional light. The elements are mostly the same. Knowing when a NBA player is going to post up and take a hook shot, or try for a fadeaway is the same as knowing when one of us is going to try a move based on positive/negative frame data. Hype and excitement is the same as well. Getting people excited is getting people excited, regardless of what game you're playing. DOA or SF or Football or Basketball.

Again I just think its something we need to practice. Not too many of us have had experience doing something like this before.

BlackKnight2000

Man wish i could go there but i live a little to far, but man i will try to drive there at least three times to WNF before this year ends, then its off to NEC2013 support the doa5u,it would be great of alex valle to at least give doa5u some live stream i hate how they keep doa away from the lime light you know what i mean its like the ugly sister that nobody wants around lol.
Where are you located, we are hosting a tournament in Inglewood,CA. If you are in the area and want to get in on the action register by going to the link below: http://thesocaldoa.com/

ikodomo

Well Josh won't be able to attend tomorrow night. Probably has to do with the reason from last week.

ikodomo

Since I always pay for his registration fees each and every week; For him to attend the Saturday tournament will depend upon if i'm able to go on Saturday and also if I can afford to help pay for his entry fee for Saturday if I do go. With the announcement of BTOB, future wnf tourneys and real life obligations, money is very tight for me and I will need to spend wisely up till February. So unless anyone that can help pay for him, I don't think he will be able to participate.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Since I always pay for his registration fees each and every week; For him to attend the Saturday tournament will depend upon if i'm able to go on Saturday and also if I can afford to help pay for his entry fee for Saturday if I do go. With the announcement of BTOB, future wnf tourneys and real life obligations, money is very tight for me and I will need to spend wisely up till February. So unless anyone that can help pay for him, I don't think he will be able to participate.

"Depending" on my payout when I win tomorrow (I say that with confidence), I'll help pay his entry fee.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Results for WNF 10/23/2013 Top 3:

1st AFD | TB HajinShinobi
2nd AFD A1r Gear
3rd iThe Apprentice

I had like...no motivation to concentrate tonight (has nothing to do with the tournament, just a lot of other things on my mind). Just wanted to play a few games and watch everyone else play tonight, to be honest. Saturday, I won't be playing Genfu though playing Ayane only (in tournament) for Fight or Fright event.

Last edited:

ikodomo

Anyone able to pick up Dii Bell from his location tonight? He also needs money lol. Also no worries about paying for Josh since VR and I are splitting costs to pay for him.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Blacknight2000, Bloodburger and Nerd Umemployed are unable to attend tonight. I'm gonna represent SCD (SOCALDOA) for them tonight along with AFD since they can't make it tonight.

I'll be in attendence with Commanda Panda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD