[Dec 18, 2013] DOA5U @ Wednesday Night Fights (Walnut, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Something I want to point out to players so everyone realizes this. What's underlined and in bold are what's extremely important;

After a long Summer, we're finally ready to get the Fall 2013 competitive season underway! Weds Night Fights and The Runback continues with the hottest fighting games competition in SoCal located at Super Arcade. Bragging rights and prizes will be awarded for our highest overall finishers so expect some heavy competition! The Fall 2013 season kicks off Sept. 25 9PM PST only on twitch.tv/leveluplive .

1211 N Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789

Stream:
twitch.tv/leveluplive

Onsite Only
$5 Venue
$5 Buy in per title
Note: This is a Bring Your Own Controller Event!

Prize Distribution:
1st 60% 2nd 30% 3rd 10%

Arcade Shock / Qanba Prize Distribution for top 3 overall placers:
1st - Q2 PRO LED (GLOW) STICK PS3/PC OR XBOX 360
2nd - Headphones (TBD - Either Dre Beats or Sol Republic)
3rd - QanBa Fight Stick Bag/6 Sanwa Denshi Push buttons OBSF30

Special thanks to our supporters for making this all possible for the fighting game community:
BenQ
Twitch
Elgato Gaming
Arcade Shock
Qanba

Weds Night Fights - Fall 2013 Season

Game Lineup:
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition ver. 2012* (Xbox360)
Injustice* (PS3)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
Dead or Alive 5 (Xbox360)

Season 5:
11/6, 11/13, 11/20, 11/22, 12/4, 12/11, 12/18

The folks over at Level|Up Series have just gone live with the first installment of Wednesday Night Fights’ fifth 2013 season, broadcasting from Super Arcade in Walnut, California. Some of SoCal’s top talent will be in attendance to compete in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ver. 2012, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Injustice: Gods Among Us, and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. A new season means more chances at ranking points, so tune in early to catch it all live.

Last night (11/6) was the start of Level Up's 5th season for WNF. DOA5U has been added to their season and ranking system, officially. This means attendence and numbers are even more important than before.

Good numbers for attendence through out this season equals more stream time, and we would leave a very good impression with Alex Valle, Mike Z, and the Level Up crew. This will also potentially increase our chances of having DOA5U somewhere in the limelight for SCR2014. They want to see us put our game out there on the front, so let's do that and prove we mean business.

We need to have a good and steady attendence every week from now till December 18th (the last day of season 5). Let's be respectful, help our newer players grow and level up, showcase competent skill, improve our commentary, and continue to support our game folks. This is important.

We need to reach out to more players as well. I would strongly encourage more players to try and plan to attend WNF when you can. It does not matter if you are a new player or not. It is a good learning experience, a great way to meet more players in our community, and sure fine way to gain solid offline practice and experience.

BloodBurger

We talked about this a bit last night. We shouldn't have to keep saying that the event is going on. If the game is important to you (which if you're reading this thread I'd assume it is), you've got to show up.

The Capcom guys don't need to be told where to go on Wednesday and Thursdays. They're already there. To be taken seriously we've got to adopt that same attitude.

So Cal show up!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
We talked about this a bit last night. We shouldn't have to keep saying that the event is going on. If the game is important to you (which if you're reading this thread I'd assume it is), you've got to show up.

The Capcom guys don't need to be told where to go on Wednesday and Thursdays. They're already there. To be taken seriously we've got to adopt that same attitude.

So Cal show up!

This, exactly this.

Everyone should be well aware of Wednesday Night Fights and shouldn't HAVE to be reminded every week that it's there. All of you guys know it's there, there are several of us that attend every week. I am not speaking to said players, I am speaking to players that haven't attended yet or often enough (some of you that have, I know work/school holds you back and I know who you are so no worries, do whacha gotta do).

Those of you who seem interested and have time to get out, you folks gotta step it up. Playing online is okay and all but it's not the same and doesn't support anything in the same way.

If you've got work or school on a Wednesday and your hours don't allow you to make it out. That's understandable, but if you've got free time and you're playing this game so often, you are the players that should attempt to make it out.

ikodomo

What happened to Jesse Le, Flood n Hard, and Rubedood? They stopped going to wnf. =/
Dii bell said he was going, but I will need confirmation from him tomorrow so we'll see what happens. Josh certainly can't go.

ikodomo

Oh nvm. Dii Bell cancels his wnf plans last minute again. Man that must be a record for consistently dropping out a tournament before it even happens. If you keep repeatedly cancel plans on me after I generously offer you something, I won't bother to assist you anymore. You're just wasting my time.

Last edited:

ikodomo

This week he's watching Thor with his friends. Last week was his anniversary. I don't want to say what was his excuse the week after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD