Design new characters for DOA6

KwonJigglypuff

@KwonJigglypuff She could probably have an elongated down punch like Rachel's "Pathetic" but with a barrage of punches instead. Just a thought, oh oh and outros like retightening her gloves (if she has any) then proceeding to punch her fists together saying something "Already Over? Ha". But all in all I love your concept! It's truly remarkable! ^.^

Thanks for your feedback. I'm in for the ground punches! (2P+K)
I don't see her like Rachel. She's more like the kind of girl who is following her duty, rather than "humiliating" characters.
She would be the ultimate 'lawful good/action girl/maid of justice' stereotype of DOA.
It might not sound exciting on paper, but she could still have an evolution : being "lawful stupid" is not always good.

Another taunt/intro could be : "Justice prevails!", "Face your sentence!", "Time to pass judgement!", or "Only redemption will cleanse your soul".

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
She reminds me of Marie-Rose, but with a cold/cocky personality. She could easily be her rival in DOA6, who knows. Maybe too similar to her actually. You should find her a cool nationality instead of "European". Giving her a "psycho/freak" personnality would be awesome and would help to tell them apart (like Juri from Street Fighter or Tira from Soul Calibur). Not 'sadistic/sexy' like Nyotengu, more like the 'provocative scary Arlequeen' kind of girl.
I like her short 'unrully' haircut. ^^
Thank you! ^-^ I have to figure out where exactly she'll be from, but I want it to be somewhere in Europe. As for her personality, she's pretty mature, and she is indeed a sadist, but not over the top. And the only time she'd seriously lose her composure is after a loss, since sheshe's not used to the cold reality of being defeated and having her graceful fighting style thwarted.
I also love your character design...she looks like she could kick some major butt, and her look is sleek and cool while remaining mature. Would she have any rivalries with any of the newest fighters, or would she be involved more with the main cast?

Lady Tengu

Thanks for your feedback. I'm in for the ground punches! (2P+K)
I don't see her like Rachel. She's more like the kind of girl who is following her duty, rather than "humiliating" characters.
She would be the ultimate 'lawful good/action girl/maid of justice' stereotype of DOA.
It might not sound exciting on paper, but she could still have an evolution : being "lawful stupid" is not always good.

Another taunt/intro could be : "Justice prevails!", "Face your sentence!", "Time to pass judgement!", or "Only redemption will cleanse your soul".
Yeah totally! I meant like an Longer downed opponent attack (2P) in Rachel's case it's (2K) I was just using her as an example, maybe instead of one quick punch while the opponent is downed she can do two or three quick jabs. Outro wise "Justice Prevails!" While looking off into the distance with a clutched fist. Would be dope. Then again I should t be giving pointers on a character with such a way of being, what I mean is like I love sadistic vulgar characters like Mileena or Ayane (Attitude wise) I'm not tremendously good at helping out with a good hearted character. xD

KwonJigglypuff

With 30+ characters, it's harder to find new original movesets and new mechanics.

• However, what I'd like to see is a male Judo/Jitsu character similar to Goh with his tsukami mechanic (grab the ennemy and put him in any direction, or put him on the floor). He would be able to use it after some strings or during a throw (6T for instance). He would be a defensive grappler rather than an aggressive one (like Tina, Bass, etc.). This fighting style would not focus on combos at all.

• I'd like to see the ultimate stance character. 8 stances! An Indian fighter embodying the Dharma path and the bouddhist philosophy would be perfect. The fighting style would give him 8 unique stances covering all directions. The philosophy of this fighting style would be "which stance should I use based on the situation ?".

- diṭṭhi (right view) - 2P+K (supple stance with many lows)
- saṅkappa (right intention) - 3P+K (some basic launchers)
- vācā (right speech) - 6P+K (forward gymnastic stance)
- kammanta (right action) - 9P+K (aggressive stance with good stuns)
- ājiva (right livelihood) - 8P+K (jumping moves with good damage)
- vāyāma (right effort) - 7P+K (acrobatic gymnastic stance)
- sati (right mindfulness) - 4P+K (backward stance - more risky but with good launchers)
- samādhi (right concentration) - 1P+K (defensive stance with good charging moves)

He would be a traditional fighter, in his 30s-40s. The descriptions above are just a tendancy, they should not be extreme, otherwise he would have all the tools in the world and be overpowered. It was just a way to distinguish each stance. The idea remaining that no stance would be better than another one, victory coming from the good use of them in a real harmony. His stances would not give him as much evasion or tricks as Brad.

Dharma_wheel.svg

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Or Brad Wong can take notes from Lei Wulong and learn Five Animal Form Kung Fu (Snake, Crane, Tiger, Leopard, and Dragon) :)

KwonJigglypuff

Or Brad Wong can take notes from Lei Wulong and learn Five Animal Form Kung Fu (Snake, Crane, Tiger, Leopard, and Dragon) :)

Except that I like the way Brad fights currently. There is no need to change his amazing fighting style.

The problem with the basic animal form kung fu, is that Christie and Brad already incorporate the snake and the crane forms in their respective movesets. They are so unique yet not so popular, it's better to leave these uniqueness to them if they don't want to get cut.

At least replace the snake with the praying mantis, and the crane by the eagle claw. Or the mongoose, the monkey.
I know they are not part of the 5 animal forms, but they can still make a new kung fu from scratch.

KwonJigglypuff

First they should bring the old characters back before making shitty new ones

Ermm.. which old ones ?

Only on I'm thinking is Genra. He was not very unique in DOAD to start with, but I guess they could still do something with him by making a projectile-based moveset.

v1ltt1

Yeah him, bu
Ermm.. which old ones ?

Only on I'm thinking is Genra. He was not very unique in DOAD to start with, but I guess they could still do something with him by making a projectile-based moveset.

Yeah him, but most importantly Bankotsu-bo. And dont tell me theres nyoslut cos she has nothing to do with it

Kronin

Nyotengu is an enormous problem for the return of Bankotsubo: if esthetically what make her close to the tengu race could be just the wings and her mask (and her main costume that anyway has a bond more to the classic Japanese culture than the folklore of the tengu), from a fighting point she is without doubts an improved evolution of the fighting style of the DoA2 boss.

At this point I could see Bankotsubo come back as a character with his old moveset from DoA2 & DoA4, surely with better properties, but not much more (anyway personally I would be already satisfied). However this would deny the purpose of Nyotengu, that so should necessarily get an evolution of her own one from DoA5, something that surely would led the developers to be more focused on her even from a gameplay pov. You can think to the situation of Ein and Hitomi to get an idea of the situation where Bankotsubo it's now confined.

To this have also to be added the problems to create the design from a scratch of a character that can't make easily use of recycled in game bodies parts (contrarily to Ein). While I could see this to happen for the return of a female character, for a low popular character as Bankotsubo and overall after to have lost his uniqueness status seems to me very unlikely (sadly :( )

KwonJigglypuff

Yeah him, bu

Yeah him, but most importantly Bankotsu-bo. And dont tell me theres nyoslut cos she has nothing to do with it

You're so right, her moveset is so much more interesting and well-thought, let's have a less interesting version of it.

Honestly, I would have understand if you said you miss Banko as a character for his appearance (his voice, his pecs, his sexy nose), because I miss it to. But in terms of gameplay, Banko was not as good as Nyo is currently. TN made a great decision.

v1ltt1

Sure i miss his apppearance and persona and hugeness too, but his moveset was ok too. Nyobitch has those flying stance moves that look dumb, but are ok, but alot of good thigs was removed witch sucks. Banko with his doa4 moveset including jumping would be cool, since jumping didt interfere none of his move inputs.

KwonJigglypuff

Sure i miss his apppearance and persona and hugeness too, but his moveset was ok too. Nyobitch has those flying stance moves that look dumb, but are ok, but alot of good thigs was removed witch sucks. Banko with his doa4 moveset including jumping would be cool, since jumping didt interfere none of his move inputs.

I don't know. If he comes back with a new mechanic and with new moves, why not. :)

KwonJigglypuff

Let's talk male characters.
What kind of new male fighter would like to see in terms of archetypes (based on what you can see in medias or even fighting games) ?

- a cocky young male (Lion Rafale, Hwaorang, Jacky Bryant) around 18 yrs old, lean muscles and a more urban look than Eliot's. Bonus : Korean, Australian
- a fabulous aristocratic adonis (Lee Chaolan, Claudio, Vega, Raphael), with perfect hair, elegant costumes, matching Helena's ambitions. Bonus : Irish, Dutch

1446663457-raphael-sorel-full-181199.jpg

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I was also thinking about a second black character, as I don't feel Zack is the best representation of black people in medias. The dynamic minstrel flirty clown is getting boring. I don't find it offensive or anything, but with 30+ characters now, it's getting ridiculous even for a Japanese game, to see Zack losing every matches and only serving Helena.

But at the same time, I'm not interested in any of the black stereotypes in current fighting games. They are either boxers (Jax, Dudley, Balrog), found of music and rythms (Deejay, Eddy Gordo, Lisa, Elena), Muay Thai (Bruce, Zack himself), or in trunks (Urien, Algol.. lol).

I don't want a black character for the sake of having one, and I don't want a black character to solely appeal to the black players of DOA, but I want a cool original character than happens to be black and that fairly represents the black players which are numerous.

Cyrax (MK), Zasalamel (SC), Jeffry (VF), Marduk (Tekken) and Necalli (SF) are good characters.

KwonJigglypuff

hey
here are my ideas - i am not the best with martial art stuff .. so .. sorry if you don't like anything ^^°

I like your ideas.

Heather : Interesting fighting style, it looks like Krav Maga and would add some diversity. The design is okay, but it's too close to Kasumi. Nationality and occupation could be more unique though.

Hoona : I like everything about her, but her hairstyle could be more original. Her fighting style could focus on good throws and good defense. A Korean lady is much needed.

Livia : Nice design, we really need a soldier chick in DOA. Chun Kuk Do is not very exciting as it is a hybrid fighting style, yet it is defined by anything special or exciting. If anything, I'd rather have a "true" Judo fighter first (since Chun Kuk incorporates it).

Hailey : Some diversity is always welcomed but you should describe her personality. Otherwise, despite her fighting style (Kokoro already has it), she sounds okay.

Eve : Bagua sounds nice, I wouldn't mind another Chinese gymnastic. With many stances (eight ?), it would be amazing! Hairstyle and tattoos are nice... oh wait she's Christie's sister ? Are they getting along well, haha ?

Name: Mai
Fighting Style: Karate
Bust Hip and Waist Size:99 CM, 97 CM, and 95 CM (39",38"37")
Hair Color: Long Bright Red Hair
Eye Color: Brown
Nationality: Japanese
Blood Type: O
Favorite Type of Music: Gothic Metal
Individuality Style: Can Do 360 Degree Moves
Personality: Very Kind and Loving Heart
Tag Partners: Kasumi (Friend) Honoka (Rival)
Story: Mai grew up in Tokyo, Japan and was looking for a friend from that country with red hair. So Kasumi accidentally bumps into Mai and Kasumi says "Excuse me" and Mai says "Are you Kasumi" and they talk a lot and become great friends.

DedUp

Here are a few characters I thought of.

Name: Jingfei
Sex: Female
Nationality: Chinese
Fighting Style: Southern Dragon Boxing
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair: Black with grey streaks. Usually worn up in a bun.
Eyes: Brown
Personality: Usually matronly and reserved with a touch of mischievousness but will turn fiery when angered or drinking.
Appearance: Jignfei has a fairly average build. Wears mainly traditional style Chinese gowns and dresses that show enough leg and cleavage to attract customers to her restaurant without being overt enough to suggest that she is on the menu.
Jingfei enters the DOA tournament to track down Brad Wong and make him pay the tab at her restaurant that he keeps skipping out on. She also figures that if she can win the tournament she can use the money expand her restaurant and build a world wide franchise.
Interesting note: Jingfei has been banned from Shanghai for the past 20 years for starting a riot that nearly burned down half of the city. She denies responsibility for this and feels the Shanghai officials over reacted to a couple of scuffles.

Name: Masahiro
Sex: Male
Nationality: Japanese
Fighting Style: Eagle Claw Kung-fu
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 175 lbs
Hair: Dyed jet black from original white. Worn long and loose.
Eyes: Red
Personality: Psychotic and sadistic. Makes a lot of comments during fights. Comments are happily psychotic at the beginning of a fight but will become filled with rage and hate once half his life bar is gone.
Appearance: Masahiro is an albino. His build is tall and thin with wiry muscles. He usually wears a long dark hooded coat with no shirt and studded leather pants but discards the coat before he fights. He also wears tuxedos and fine suits when attending the opera or a dinner at his favourite upscale restaurant.
As a MIST assassin, Masahiro has an impeccable success rate which is the only reason his madness is even tolerated within the organization. He takes up the contract on Helena Douglas letting MIST believe she will soon meet an untimely end but Masahiro has other plans. Masahiro is a fan of opera and is obsessed with Helena. Fearing that Helena's singing talents are going to waste as head of DOATEC he plans to fake Helena's death and disappear with her to a secret location where she will be held safe to fulfill her true purpose in life, singing for him alone. And if he happens to cross paths with Christie, well she owes a great debt for snuffing out the life Helena's mother, one of the greatest opera singers Masahiro ever had the pleasure of hearing, and that debt must certainly be paid with blood.

Name: Isadora
Sex: Female
Nationality: Norwegian
Fighting Style: Psychic Brute Force
Height: 5'4" (7'1" in psychic armor)
Weight: 115 lbs (approx 300 lbs in psychic armor)
Hair: None
Eyes: Light luminescent aqua
Personality: Very cold and calculating. Almost 100% emotionless except for a small sadistic streak.
Appearance: A girl with a slim build who has an otherworldly beauty despite her bald head and cold stare. A small, blue, diamond shaped crystal protrudes from her forehead. When not in combat she floats around wearing bikini type clothing with gauges on it to monitor her vitals. Over this is a slightly opaque psychic cloak with a high collar. When in combat the psychic cloak expands to form armor in which Isadora will continue to float.
Notes on psychic armor in game: Though Isadora is a light character the armor makes her a super heavy weight in the game. The psychic armor walks normally on the ground and performs attacks at Isadora's psychic command without her having to make any physical gestures. The armor's walk speed is slow but when "running" Isadora will briefly return the armor to cloak form and quickly float/fly towards her opponent going back into armor mode once stopped, making an attack, or when struck. When the armor is knocked to the ground it lays on the ground normally while Isadora continues to float within it above the ground.
Once a lowly lab tech for MIST, Isadora was caught in a lab accident dealing with teleportation using portals. She was sucked into a portal that opened without a destination calibrated into the system. The project leader desperately tried to close the portal but it refused to close and Isadora was inside for 45 second before managing to crawl out, hair turned white and falling out, with a wide eyed look of horror on her face. Once Isadora was out, the project leader managed close the portal and called the medical division to have her taken to the med bay. As Isadora was lifted onto a stretcher all Isadora managed to say was "It knows we're here" before collapsing unconscious. Falling into a coma for a month, MIST doctors examined Isadora to see if the energies from portal affected her in any way. They discovered that she had unusually high brain activity and some kind of crystalline tumor had developed in her brain that was pushing against the front of her skull. When the doctors performed the surgery to examine and extract the tumor, it broke through the opening they had made in Isadora's forehead and she woke up instantly. An unseen force then threw the doctors and nurses into the walls and Isadora began floating above the bed moving from a horizontal position to a vertical one, surveying the carnage across the room. She smiled slightly as the thoughts of medical personnel flooded her mind. Half were terrified while the other half were thinking of ways to exploit her to their advantage. Isadora instinctively blocked the thoughts from her mind, for there were more important matters she had to attend to. Over the next few months Isadora found that she could read minds and plant suggestions in the weak willed instinctively and used her new found powers to manipulate and intimidate her way into the higher ranks of MIST. Her quick rise in the organization caused much enmity and an attempt was made on her life which, to the surprise of Isadora and her would be assassin, was thwarted by her psychic energy creating powerful armor around her which then proceeded to grab the assassin and break his back. Her goal was to either overthrow Donovan or manipulate him so she could control the organization but Donovan had somehow created a defense against her powers that she could not break. Frustrated but not deterred, Isadora decides to seek out the Dead or Alive tournament participants who have in the past been a thorn in Donovan's side in hopes of finding some kind of weakness or leverage to use against him. Isadora knows she must use MIST to prepare the Earth for what is coming, even if the world ends up burning in the process, it is a better fate than what she has seen staring back at her in the dark.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD