Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

Zack, maybe? ...

I think it's part of the background, and doesn't belong to a character.

The broom seems to be glued to the fighter's back.

Speaking of Hitomi's design, I think it's based on the design I posted above, except that they re-used Xmas 2014's costume for the top. Lazy. Could be wrong but it's my theory.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I mean ... what the hell can the broom one be? the blackness on the side doesn't look like hair ... seems more like background junk .. I dunno ..

Candy Dragon

I'm disappointed. The Ayane one is good (as long as it's the fully clothed version) but Bayman is too silly for me. I'm hating the colours of Nyotengu, Bass is average, Hitomi's is not my taste at all. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will like them, but they're not for me. There were other entries I would have preferred.

Fingers crossed for the rest. There are gonna be plenty, so I'm undoubtedly gonna like some of them ^_^

Kronin

I would have done other choices in some cases but so far all the outfits showned/hinted us seems that could end to be very nice imo. But I really hope that Ayane will get the Dark Kunoichi version of the costume (like the "collar" could hint) that I loved more than the Dark Knight (but that could be more likely considering the bare skin xD).

Also about Bayman Kappa I really believe that the outfit is perfect for him considering his stance and even some characteristics of the character compared to the folklore (as the passion for the shoji, the Japanese chess): more the idea to assign a "water monster" costume to him is something really old considering this ancient official concept design.

latest

And of course remember that details could even be assigned to the costume (TN already did it with more than one design in the past contests)

So far this is really the outfit that gives me more curiosity to see completed =)

Based on what Mr. Wah said (the fact that Leon's last year costume was the least popular in sales), I wouldn't be surprised if he received a swap.
Could be Momie Leon (Ryu 2013), Franckeinstein Leon (Bayman 2013) or Devil Leon (Bayman 2014).

Remember that they got critiques for it and for the last outfits realized from a contest (the new in disc outfits for Last Round) this time they assigned a proper fan costume for each character and only between the ones submitted exactly for them. Also just Leon got a special treatment including a substantial addition to his head, something that usually TN always neglected for the rest of costumes.

So I'm pretty sure that there are really slim chances for getting swaps or original designs, overall when TN promote that they received around 1800 entries for it (and maybe they could even look for them in the first Halloween contest if really Bass and Hitomi designs come from there and weren't submitted again).

Was it Kasumi or P4 that got the elf costume? Anyone know for sure?

No certainty from TN side to who will be assigned, however the author submitted that costume specifically for Kasumi while created these ones for Phase 4:

CGU7D5LUIAAmP78.jpg

CGGcjp0WAAEitW1.jpg:large

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

Why so quiet? People lost hope already? Lol

Somewhat...
Bass getting a Pirate costume again..., Bayman's Kappa costume, whoever is wearing a bear costume or whatever...

I mean Nyotengu's isn't bad at all to me, but there is better that could have been chosen and we already know about the winners so there's no point about that either.

So we still gotta wait and see.

Kronin

Between the teasers in my opinion:
  • Bass, Ayane (indipendently from the version used) and Nyotengu are good choices (even if I would have gone with something different for Bass and Nyotengu that had the potential and the entries for darker designs). I really hope that Nyo will keep the make-up and hairstyle of the design;
  • Bayman has an huge potential for being very appreciated or very not, so I'm curious for the final outcome (I talk more for the other people here, knowing my tastes I can already think that surely I would love the costume);
  • About Hitomi, if the teaser should be the old design of the last year (@TOBMAST3R state that he saw another bear entry for her for the contets of this year but that he can't more find it on twitter) is surely cute - especially if they keep her "hat" - but I would have surely selected something different and more far from what could be a design partially similar to her reindeer one.
Of course I can't say anything about the mysterious broom xD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just dropping in to say, still pushing for an awesome, NON generic and unsexualized Halloween outfit for Ein.

CHMRAllUgAEwCZ-.jpg

CHMQ765U0AAExxl.jpg

CF4eyqlUgAA5MJ7.jpg

Problem is, they are both not really Halloween costumes. The first one says "Vampire Slayer" but it does look more from a Blade or Matrix movie. TN usually chooses to use traditional Halloween costumes mostly on the slight crazy and over the top side.

The funny thing from what I heard...is that Bass's Pirate Costume was for the Original Costume contest at 2014...

Is that true guys!? Well, time to expect the unexpected...again.

Why? They probably just resubmitted the costume. You could submit as many costumes as you liked this year. What a mess of a "contest"... I'm glad I didn't contribute.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

Why? They probably just resubmitted the costume. You could submit as many costumes as you liked this year. What a mess of a "contest"... I'm glad I didn't contribute.

My point is the fact that as you state, the contest is kind of a mess BECAUSE people tossing in EVERYTHING, meaning those who can do multiple designs get far more chances than just the one, especially if it's been throughout the years.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, if future contests are like this one, meaning quantity over quality and without showcasing and properly evaluating the submissions in the end, I won't ever participate again. I'm glad I participated in the first one, which I consider the best since it was most engaging, the most open (yes, even with some cheating going on, as you could clearly detect cheating, which we could not in the second contest that ran behind closed doors) and you had the feeling that TN really appreciated your effort. (The artbooks signed by the whole team were so amazing!) The costumes also were free for everyone in the end. What an unsuspected present! :) Even the teasing was done a lot better and interesting before. Not as late and with larger pictures, not just stamps. :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD