Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapstick

DOA5's story mode was a cinematic masterpiece

tumblr_nfqu15tobb1t5k8i7o1_400.gif

Jadeinchains

So what is the tier of the SW costumes based on clipping ? Tina seems to have a lot.

Rachel's design on the other hand is pretty lean and effective (Kai).

Based on the ones I have!

Marie - clipping instantly while just standing in her stance.

Honoka - some clipping but generally better.

Lisa - perfect as you'd expect from Lisa and barely clips.

Nikotsumi

So what is the tier of the SW costumes based on clipping ? Tina seems to have a lot.

Rachel's design on the other hand is pretty lean and effective (Kai).
Eliot - The weapon is the major culprit, other than that, sometimes part of his bangs clip through his headband.

Ein - It seems his hair/wig clips a little through the costume while in his idle stance, I'm not sure.

Honoka - Surprisingly, there's not much clipping here, only when her arms are close (in the charcter selection screen, during her "Here I go" intro pose, "Sorry" win pose, and a little while standing in her idle stance). Anyway, I noticed her costume looks majestic when she's in Bokuho stance xD

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hayabusa's Hanzo behaves mostly except the ponytail at times dureing intro etc. (but he has the same issue with his scarf)

Someone should tag Hayabusa as Hanzo and Kasumi as Asuka xD

P2p1mbs

Every DOAX3 trailer in a nutshell.
Except Christie's not in it :(.

Also, back on the topic of dlc costumes, can someone please tell me if we can switch out that... thing on Tina's head back to her default styles? That's the only thing keeping me from buying hers.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
DfDAS4Z.png

This game needs anti-aliasing badly

Weird, it usually isn't that bad in the game, is it? It seems like the ported the aliasing with the costumes from SW3 to DOA5LR. XD

I still haven't bought any costume yet. But I plan to get Rig as usual...Might it be that his hair is made of pixelated bitmaps instead of slightly transparent alpha maps like the hair usually is in DOA5?

Chapstick

Weird, it usually isn't that bad in the game, is it? It seems like the ported the aliasing with the costumes from SW3 to DOA5LR. XD

I still haven't bought any costume yet. But I plan to get Rig as usual...Might it be that his hair is made of pixelated bitmaps instead of slightly transparent alpha maps like the hair usually is in DOA5?
I don't think any of the new hair in this pack uses transparent alpha maps except Kasumi's extra little ponytail. They didn't bother with Alpha's though, it's a solid block

Xhominid The Demon Within

The non-ninja cast was shoved down my throat more in DOA5's story more than any other game in the series and frankly their segments were every bit as bad (if not generally worse) than the ninja ones. I'd take whatever bullshit was happening in Kasumi's "stories" than Kokoro's, for example.

Ninjas have nothing to do with it. Crappy writing is crappy writing, regardless of ninjas.

Well that's something they need to work on. There's only up from here honestly.

And it does look like they are trying to get everyone into the story this time and I'm hoping this is the final game with Kasumi Clones and just go straight to Fiends and World Destruction again.

Bankotsubo, MAKE THIS GAME GREAT AGAIN!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You guys should share it. With some Adobe After Effects and editing it can turn out really good. Those seem fun but they take quite a bit of time and just different ideas come around on how you want to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD