Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Most of the casual outfits Team Ninja made seemed out of character for some of the characters. Steampunk Ayane and Hitomi? Biker Chick Kasumi? Whatever the hell Hayate was wearing? Ein's probably fit, because most of his costumes are slutty in design anyway. I say the biggest offender was Mila, especially since she was first marketed as the resident tomboy of DOA5, but that casual outfit of hers screamed high fashion.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Mila's casual DLC should have been Kokoros, she would have worked the pink coat and beret sooooo much better.

Mila shoulda gotten a shirt / tie combo costume.

Also, it seems they can't keep up with a characters original personality, Tina, Leifang, Hitomiwere all tomboyish at first in fact Tina used to be rowdy and Leifang wasd the resident tomboy.

Another example is Marie Rose, she was originally supposed to be dark and gothic but she's being advertised as a cutesy loli doll now she didn't even ever look goth in her default presence anyway unlike the concept art of her with purple har and piercings. Also, Nyotengu is barely even a Tengu she's just a woman with wings......

Number 13

Most of Ein's outfits before DoA 5 I would not describe as 'slutty'. C3 was his only arguably male fanservice outfit from the past just because he was shirtless + chains. He actually had a great variety of urban/casual wear in the past games [which barely any of them returned] which is the antithesis of Hayate's traditional/ninja garbs. It wasn't until DoA 5 that TN came up with the brilliant idea of turning Ein into women eye candy with the majority of his post-release outfits.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Steampunk Ayane and Hitomi?

I always thought, these two were not initially meant to be part of the casual sets, but for some reason ended up being sold together with them... Maybe more characters were supposed to get steam punk DLC, but they discarded them for some reason... :/ They were actually pretty cool.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Most of Ein's outfits before DoA 5 I would not describe as 'slutty'. C3 was his only arguably male fanservice outfit from the past just because he was shirtless + chains. He actually had a great variety of urban/casual wear in the past games [which barely any of them returned] which is the antithesis of Hayate's traditional/ninja garbs. It wasn't until DoA 5 that TN came up with the brilliant idea of turning Ein into women eye candy with the majority of his post-release outfits.
Ein should have received his C1 from Dimensions for his casual outfit...or would that be counted as legacy? Speaking of legacy costumes, I think it's funny people ask for legacy costumes when majority of the current costumes in DOA5 are from past games already.

I always thought, these two were not initially meant to be part of the casual sets, but for some reason ended up being sold together with them... Maybe more characters were supposed to get steam punk DLC, but they discarded them for some reason... :/ They were actually also pretty cool.
I really do think this too. Sure Ayane and Hitomi have a tag interaction together, but they aren't so close that they would have the same casual style.

Argentus

So, while we are enjoying more bikinis, generic JRPG costumes and school uniform DLC now and in the future, let's have a look at what great casual designs Anthony (from the French DOA community) made:

11926481_10207504725758443_1769676481743349817_o.jpg

11923286_10207498197875250_946561583110512193_o.jpg

11923336_10207497622020854_5422472268077581177_o.jpg

11882383_10207446620985860_4884172162615405789_o.jpg

I really wished, TN would give us some more normal/casual stuff. :(
Looks like the cast of Saved By The Bell lol. The designs are really late 80s-early 90s. Cool though.

UpSideDownGRUNT

^ except they're not lol, they're based on alot of modern french designs. What Eliot is wearing is actually in fashion over here in England.

Argentus

Most of the casual outfits Team Ninja made seemed out of character for some of the characters. Steampunk Ayane and Hitomi? Biker Chick Kasumi? Whatever the hell Hayate was wearing? Ein's probably fit, because most of his costumes are slutty in design anyway. I say the biggest offender was Mila, especially since she was first marketed as the resident tomboy of DOA5, but that casual outfit of hers screamed high fashion.

Mila's casual DLC should have been Kokoros, she would have worked the pink coat and beret sooooo much better.

Mila shoulda gotten a shirt / tie combo costume.

Also, it seems they can't keep up with a characters original personality, Tina, Leifang, Hitomiwere all tomboyish at first in fact Tina used to be rowdy and Leifang wasd the resident tomboy.

Another example is Marie Rose, she was originally supposed to be dark and gothic but she's being advertised as a cutesy loli doll now she didn't even ever look goth in her default presence anyway unlike the concept art of her with purple har and piercings. Also, Nyotengu is barely even a Tengu she's just a woman with wings......

THANK YOU. Milas casual outfit would a been great on another girl but its out of place on her. Especially since half of her defaults already ARE appropriate casual clothes for her (c2)

On the others and characterization, agreed. Leifangs primary trait used yo be her absolute arrogance, now she's just token stalker with a crush, for example.

^ except they're not lol, they're based on alot of modern french designs. What Eliot is wearing is actually in fashion over here in England.
The fuck lol? Over here in america that is 20 year old fashions.

Honokas side pigtail is a prime example of 80s fashion here in the us.

Well actually its the girls who are 80s. The guys outfits are modern hipster (also out of fashion)

Yun-Seong

Yes.

http://www.falcom.com/sen2/index.html - Sample.
http://www.falcom.com/sen2/product/dlc.html - Sample game's DLC.
This sample is a typical representation of what they produce. I imagine the DLC will at least be in the spirit of most of their games.
I acyually like some outfits from game dlc. See potential for good costumes for male characters in DoA.
cos05.jpg
I cannot clearly see but i would like to see Helena in this dress. Reminds me a dress which i design for her.
cos06.jpg
Eliot would look great in that ^^
cos14.jpg
Maybe Ein?
cos10.jpg
Nice casual costume, just perfect for Jann Lee.
cos08.jpg
I want that one for Brad Wong! Of not, Hayabusa can get it :D

Yun-Seong

So, while we are enjoying more bikinis, generic JRPG costumes and school uniform DLC now and in the future, let's have a look at what great casual designs Anthony (from the French DOA community) made:

11926481_10207504725758443_1769676481743349817_o.jpg

11923286_10207498197875250_946561583110512193_o.jpg

11923336_10207497622020854_5422472268077581177_o.jpg

11882383_10207446620985860_4884172162615405789_o.jpg

I really wished, TN would give us some more normal/casual stuff. :(
I love most of them. Would change a little bit Helena's one but it is really nice. Kokoro looks really sexy, that show skills of artist. As I said, she looks really sexy but she dosen't show her boobs. Also love costume for Ryu, Eliot, Bass, Bayman, Christie and Lisa. I want to see this kind of costumes in game. Also waiting to see his cotumes for rest of characters.

UpSideDownGRUNT

It all makes sense now:
  • Falcom pack has Sen No Kisaki costumes.
  • Sen No Kisaki is being released in US as Trails of Cold Blood Q3/Q4 for PS3 by XSeed.
  • This is an elaborate advertisement campaign to buy costumes and a whole new game entirely.
Joking aside though it's pretty cool Sen No Kisaki gets a DOA collab pretty close to the western release of the game.

Dark-truth

hmm kasumi's casual dlc would be better if it was a pink blazer kind of jacket or no jacket at all and pink heels or something
ein is more dressed as a metrosexual guy he looks like that metrosexual fashion episode of southpark
ayane's casual is ugly as FUCK seriously wth was tn thinking
i agree with @Argentus and @UpSideDownGRUNT mila's casual should be meant for kokoro's
kokoro's casual is more something for helena
mila should get that biker jacket from kasumi's casual dlc and that ripped jeans from her senran kagura dlc a shirt and those boots from kasumi's casual dlc
rachel got the best female casual wear it really fits her and you see how big her butt is in that outfit ;)
ayane should have pai's casual wear

Argentus

mila should get that biker jacket from kasumi's casual dlc and that ripped jeans from her senran kagura dlc a shirt and those boots from kasumi's casual dlc
Coincidentally that's pretty much the design for one of my Halloween submissions lol.

Martin

Can you tell me how the heck you get this?

I pre-ordered the Australian copy which was meant to come with 4 packs of DLC with one code. When I did that, for some reason the Showstoppers pack was the only one not working. I asked Team Ninja & Tecmo Koei on Twitter, and was told to email them. So I emailed asking them, and they responded by directing me to an Australian company that gave me a replacement code for that pack. Then Tecmo Koei Europe also tweeted me another code. THEN they direct messaged me another code for the same pack.

So I ended up getting the pack and had two left over codes, so why not share them? :)

SoftCabbage

I pre-ordered the Australian copy which was meant to come with 4 packs of DLC with one code. When I did that, for some reason the Showstoppers pack was the only one not working. I asked Team Ninja & Tecmo Koei on Twitter, and was told to email them. So I emailed asking them, and they responded by directing me to an Australian company that gave me a replacement code for that pack. Then Tecmo Koei Europe also tweeted me another code. THEN they direct messaged me another code for the same pack.

So I ended up getting the pack and had two left over codes, so why not share them? :)

Man, that's great for you. What a total luck. Thanks for sharing it, even though I don't use AU/EU region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD