Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute

Standard Donor
Here's a random dlc question; out of all the dlc costumes you guy have purchased which is the one you regretted buying the most and which is the one you found was the most justified purchase?
Biggest Regret: Hayabusa's Tatsunoko costume. Such horrible texture quality and low poly count. Wish I could have a refund.

Most Justified: Legacy pack (specifically Hayabusa's costume). Sure I could have had them for free if I waited until Last Round, but it was well-worth buying it to use those costumes through the remainder of 5U's run.

Chapstick

Most justified would be.. Phase's deception armor. Most regretful would probably be any outfit for characters I never use

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I buy them so that the AI computer won't show up in the same boring clothes each and every time. Plus it's funny beating the hell out of La mariposa in her Venus bikini. It just adds more variety. That and I want my little cousins to have a choice in the outfits they want. I "try" to not let them choose the revealing costumes, but they seem used to it, so I pretty much let them pick anything that floats their 5 and 6 year old boats.

AsheMann21

I buy them so that the AI computer won't show up in the same boring clothes each and every time. Plus it's funny beating the hell out of La mariposa in her Venus bikini. It just adds more variety. That and I want my want my little cousins to have a choice in the outfits they want. I "try" to not let them choose the revealing costumes, but they seem used to it, so I pretty much let them pick anything that floats their 5 and 6 year old boats.
I do this for some variety too

Most regrettable: Marie Rose maid outfit. I stopped playing her some time after her hype dropped

Most justified: The entirety of the Casual and Legacy packs, Sue Sylvester Christie

Jadeinchains

I do this for some variety too

Most regrettable: Marie Rose maid outfit. I stopped playing her some time after her hype dropped

Most justified: The entirety of the Casual and Legacy packs, Sue Sylvester Christie

I'm so happy I'm not the only one that thinks of Sue Sylvester everytime I see her in that outfit!

I uh.... feel ashamed to say this, but i have no regrets on anything as im a complete weeb who's bought every pack so far except for a halloween pack (and even on that one im only missing male outfits) and the past three season passes (FYI im calling myself ashamed and a weeb ironically)

Having said that, i've also always felt my favorite outfits were the casual outfits, and stuff like sportswear and the like. (kokos default outfit with the t-shirt and spandex shorts come to mind <3)

Having said that, i've noticed that the current set (the XW one) seems to have a rather....lack of appearing dirty for some reason. I guess it must be the designers fault? Any thoughts?

ALSO WE MUST BUG TN FOR A LEGACY PACK 2! So SO many good outfits from past DOA games (doa 2 ultimate really) that need to make a return, ESPECIALLY if you like casual outfits!

P2p1mbs

Here's another random dlc related question; assuming you don't use the random costume option; do you use only the dlc costumes you paid for over the default unlockable stuff or do you mix it up? Costumes you paid for but became free later on still count as dlc since you still spent money for it before.

For me, I like to make the most of the costumes I bought and so very rarely use the default stuff, partially also because I feel that most of the dlc costumes are better than the defaults (the new unlockable costumes added to last round being exceptions).

ALSO WE MUST BUG TN FOR A LEGACY PACK 2! So SO many good outfits from past DOA games (doa 2 ultimate really) that need to make a return, ESPECIALLY if you like casual outfits!

^ Yes to this!!!!! I will pay DOUBLE the usual price for another throwback costume pack, I'm not kidding.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I use the DLC I buy, but I do like some of the defaults, like Kasumi's red ninja ninja jumpsuit, that's one of my favorite default costumes. Bub in general, about 4/5 of the time I use DLC, the most recent ones being the ones I use most.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Another Legacy Pack would celebrate DOA's 20th Anniversary

I wanna see back Hitomi's DOA3 default costume, Helena's DOA2 main costume, something like that
also classics skins...
I thought Helena's red DOA2 default was already in DOA5. Is Hitomi's DOA3 default the one with the t-shirt and no coat? If it's the coat and tube top, then that one's already in too I think. I would love to have Kasumi's DOA4 pink sweater and denim skirt back, and that Dimensions green one shoulder ninja robe and skirt. And how much money would I have to offer to get Kasumi's low ponytail back in the game? A legacy hairstyle DLC pack needs to happen soon.

Xernuht

DLC regrets? The Last Getaway set or the Overall set.

Favorite DLC? The DOA5U Legacy set, the Samurai Warriors set, or the Fighter Force set.

Fredi

I thought Helena's red DOA2 default was already in DOA5. Is Hitomi's DOA3 default the one with the t-shirt and no coat? If it's the coat and tube top, then that one's already in too I think. I would love to have Kasumi's DOA4 pink sweater and denim skirt back, and that Dimensions green one shoulder ninja robe and skirt. And how much money would I have to offer to get Kasumi's low ponytail back in the game? A legacy hairstyle DLC pack needs to happen soon.

I refers those costumes:

Hitomi's:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net..._Hitomi.png/revision/latest?cb=20111210073229

Helena's:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...Helena2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100506234305

Also I like this one of her: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...elena_4.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101026131905

UpSideDownGRUNT

Another Legacy Pack would celebrate DOA's 20th Anniversary

I wanna see back Hitomi's DOA3 default costume, Helena's DOA2 main costume, something like that
also classics skins...
Hitomi's DOA3 C1 is already in the game lol the denim jacket with yellow tank underneath

Helenas DOA2 C1 is also in the game... Have you checked their costumes? Or are you asking for more like that?

EDIT: Nevermind you cleared that up, those aren't their default defaults, which is what it looked like you meant, they're C2.

For the 20th anniversary I think they should do a DOA1 pack bringing back original versions of current defaults or their unique DOA1 costumes.

Last edited:

Argentus

Dlc costume I regret? How Sexy whatever. The blue hoodie with oink string bikini.

Plus most of the copy paste fetish packs (only one I liked was bedtime for mila).

I still find myself using the defaults for mila over her dlc. Specifically c2 and c6.

Leon I regret Santa and werewolf. Use the last round design for him, mostly, for obvious reasons.

Fredi

Hitomi's DOA3 C1 is already in the game lol the denim jacket with yellow tank underneath

Helenas DOA2 C1 is also in the game... Have you checked their costumes? Or are you asking for more like that?

EDIT: Nevermind you cleared that up, those aren't their default defaults, which is what it looked like you meant, they're C2.

For the 20th anniversary I think they should do a DOA1 pack bringing back original versions of current defaults or their unique DOA1 costumes.

About Hitomi I saw that costume, but with denim jacket x'D you're right. And... the jacket cannot be remove

And Helena the costume that I refer would be the C2 in DOA2

And from Tina I would like they add as future DLC her costume with a zebra pants from DOA3

Chapstick

About Hitomi I saw that costume, but with denim jacket x'D you're right. And... the jacket cannot be remove

And Helena the costume that I refer would be the C2 in DOA2

And from Tina I would like they add as future DLC her costume with a zebra pants from DOA3
That Hitomi outfit would become so basic without the jacket and it'd be too similar to her current C1. With Helena unless it was free TN wouldn't release a recolor of an outfit they stuck in the free dlc pack in 5 vanilla.

SoftCabbage

Here's a random dlc question; out of all the dlc costumes you guy have purchased which is the one you regretted buying the most and which is the one you found was the most justified purchase?
The Sexiest Costume Pack promo. It was equally around SGD38, have loads of so-called sexy costumes and gravures, which I thought, "Yea why not? Just to add to collection and use it for photoshoots" and turned out that almost all of the costumes are conceptually stupid and somehow unapplicable to be used, especially in Tag Mode where there's no beach stage at all.

Samurai Warriors pack on the other hand, would be the most justified purchase because I like the title. Or you could say I was trying too hard to justify SGD50 to buy a crossover costume pack of 30 pieces featuring a game I actually like. Because with that price, I could get the whole Samurai Warriors 4 instead.

So to wrap this up, I think there's no justified purchase at the end of the day..

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor

That's not her original DOA3 default. Her original outfit has never appeared again past DOA3. In DOA2U and DOA4 it was replaced by a very similar outfit, but it's not exactly the same. The shirt she wears under the jacket in DOA3 was replaced in 2U by the yellow one that she still wears today and the jacket itself had various subtle design changes and also lost its faded color scheme.

In DOA5U/LR it was changed again because they took the lazy approach to recreate it by simply reusing her DOA5 default and just swapping the shirt textures to look like her 2U/4 shirt, and then also added her 2U/4 jacket over it. You'll notice that with her denim outfit in DOA5, she's wearing the white sneakers, worn-out jeans and studded belt of her default outfit, rather than the normal boots, jeans and belt that she used to wear.

DOA3 kor05.jpg
DOA2U kor00.jpg
DOA5U_Hitomi_C7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD