DLC Ideas

SaihateDYNAMO

Guys, lets face it. Dead or Alive 5 wasn't as much as is could have been, but that's why there's DLC! This thread is mainly for DLC ideas, let it be from characters to stages to costumes!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Time machines must have really come down in cost. From where I'm sitting in the future, the amount of content here is relatively large; easily eclipses DoA4 and DoAD. Quite a few stages, most characters with four or more costumes, relatively decent length story mode, Arcade, Time Attack, Survival, the 524 titles, achievements/trophies, incredibly comprehensive training mode complete with the exercise/command training that DoAD lacked, spectator/watch mode with picture taking support, replay support for local matches that can be uploaded for sharing purposes on the leaderboards, and a few different online modes including the throwdown system to drag your friends out of the offline modes they're playing. You have an interesting perception of not "as much" my new friend.

DR2K

I can't wait for DLC either, but I am incredibly happy with the content shown so far. New engine + more content, not much more you can ask. I wish every character had a million outfits and there were infinity stages, but reality is being reality.

I want Chtistie's biker outfit from DOAD, my personal favorite. I'd like a black/white version of Helena's C1.

SaihateDYNAMO

For DLC costumes, I have a couple ideas. Each DLC purchase can be cut into multiple pieces, depending on the DOA game each character came from.

These costumes are my "Classic Collection." It's bacically the character's old outfits from their original games.

DOA1 Outfits:
Kasumi
130px-DOA1_Kasumi_C1.png

Hayabusa
130px-DOA1_Ryu_C1.png

Jann Lee
130px-DOA1_JannLee_C1.png

Tina
130px-DOA1_Tina_C2.png

Zack
130px-DOA1_Zack_C1.png

Lei-Fang
130px-DOA1_LeiFang_C1.png

Gen-Fu
130px-DOA1_GenFu_C1.png

Bayman
130px-DOA1_Bayman_C1.png

DOA2:

Ayane
160px-DOA2_Ayane_C2.png

Bass
180px-DOA2_Bass_C1.png

Ein (Char. as future DLC)
160px-DOA2_Ein_C1.png

Helena
170px-DOA2_Helena_C1.png

Leon (Char. as future DLC)
160px-DOA2_Leon_C2.png

DOA3/DOA4:

Hitomi:
150px-HitomiDOA4C1.jpg

Christie:
150px-ChristieDOA4C1.jpg

Brad Wong:
250x318x75x0.png

Hayate:
120px-Doad_hayate_c2.jpg

Kokoro:
150px-KokoroDOA4C6.jpg

Eliot:
200px-Eliot_Costume_1.jpg

La Mariposa/Lisa:
150px-LisaDOA4C2.jpg

MasterGamer

I'm honestly surprised they didn't give Helena her black jacket from DOA4 cutscenes seeing how they gave her a blue/red one already. DLC should be more costumes and maybe some remodeled classic stages that we all love, like Lorelei from DOA3.

Zeo

The game already has plenty as previously stated, but I'll bite.

Characters is doubtful and free ones even less so, but obviously, Leon, EIN and possibly Tengu if he ended up getting enough support. TN should do a public poll for the DOA community and see just how many people want to see these characters come back, even if it didn't happen it would be neat to see how much support the characters actually have. Ryo Hazuki would be a no-brainer since he's actually wanted in as well.

As for costumes, content wise the game is solid but my biggest gripe is probably the costumes, never in DOA history have I seen so many pallete swaps and similar versions of outfits (sans Leifang's dresses of course). So for DLC in that regard, give some DOA2/3 throwbacks like Hayabusa's classic DOA outfit, Leifang's pigtails outfit from DOA3, and get imaginative with maybe some casual attire for chars like Hayate, and actually give the VF characters some real alternatives. A customization option like VF or Tekken would actually be ideal, but that's a little ambitious to ask for something like simple DLC. Maybe in a future updated version of the game if that ever actually happened.

Stage wise I'm pretty content with what we've got, throw in some stages from DOA2/U or 3 and reinvent them, or some new stages, but I'm pretty content with what we have.

Music? Eh we have custom soundtracks.

Oh, and give us Team Battle back. 0 Reason to cut that mode out.

DyByHands

I am game for any DLC, though I really want a maskless Hayabusa. And any classic stages would be killer. Maybe some more cliffhanger stages.

Atrabilious

Can't be bothered to go fishing for pictures but uh, I most definitely want Zack's DJ outfit (default) from DOA4 to return, and while I was never crazy on it, his silver teletubby costume wouldn't go amiss either. Bayman most definitely needs his Orange lifejacket+Beret costume back, it's bizarre he doesn't have it in DoA5 currently. It'd be like Hayabusa not having his default ninja get-up available.

Gen Fu needs his beach wear. Hell guy just needs costumes in general if what I've read is correct, he only has 2 and one is a recolour apparently.

Maybe we can get some costume goodness to rub salt in proverbial wounds. Leon costume for Bayman, Ein costume for Hayate.

MasterGamer said:
I'm honestly surprised they didn't give Helena her black jacket from DOA4 cutscenes seeing how they gave her a blue/red one already. DLC should be more costumes and maybe some remodeled classic stages that we all love, like Lorelei from DOA3.

Forgot that jacket of hers even existed truth be told, but now that you mention it that would actually be a pretty good idea.

TRI Mike

OP states DOA5 "is not what it could have been" but immediately mentions stages (we get lots of them), characters (we got 24) and costumes (most of them are fine) and completely ignores any mention of actual gameplay which is where the important stuff should have happened.

Son, I am disappoint.

KwonJigglypuff

I'm ready to pay 5€/6$ for this.

- Tina and Lisa need a matching kitty costume
- The three Japanase girls need a school outfit
- Hitomi needs a denim jacket, Helena her opera costume, Christie her dominatrix outfit, Lei Fang her catsuit
- Bayman needs his beret, I want to see Ryu's face, Zack his alien suit
- Hayate needs Ein's costume as a tribute
- Bass needs his cowboy costume to match with Tina's cowgirl costume
- Brad, Jann Lee, Eliot, Jann Lee needs these old costumes (maybe)

classicm.jpg

Chaos

Pretty much everything that people had stated, oh and I would love to see Hitomi's cowgirl costume from DOA4 I think its C2. P. S. I want custom soundtracks for PS3!!!

KwonJigglypuff

I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to play Survival with the old themes. Every time you'll face an opponent, his theme would appear (pretty much like in DOA3). Pai/Akira/Sarah would have their own theme from VF, and Rig would have "Vigaku", and Mila would have one of Leon's theme.. maybe.

Zeo

OP states DOA5 "is not what it could have been" but immediately mentions stages (we get lots of them), characters (we got 24) and costumes (most of them are fine) and completely ignores any mention of actual gameplay which is where the important stuff should have happened.

Son, I am disappoint.
I see this as a competitive /technical discussion *Sarcasm*
It's a DLC Idea thread, not a gameplay discussion thread. DLC doesn't apply to patches and gameplay changes on a technical level, if that was his goal he would have made a topic regarding it.

Though I do agree that his wording could have been a bit better.

TRI Mike

What DLC I want¿ a patch that fixes Helena, giving her back pp2kp and most of her awesome DOA4 shit she simply didn't have to lose. Once I get that I'll think about how many sling bikinis I want for her. The other characters I'm interested about already have 1/2 costumes I like a lot so I personally don't need any extra clothes for them... oh wait. I do want Pai's C3 from VF5FS (Red chinese dress and sandals, kinda like Fang's). Other than that, I'm cool with the costumes.

Leon and Ein would be more than welcome in the game.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Leon ....
and this ...
LeiFangDOA3C5.jpg
WITH THE FUCKING PONYTAIL FFS !!!

And this ...
LeiFangDOA3C6.jpg
With the side pony tails !!

these 2 costumes are by far my favorite for Leifang and never made it back and that sucks ...

And I would be very happy if they added this as well ... I love this ..
Leifang_Costume_010.jpg

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i personally wasnt a fan of Zacks's alien suit in DOA4 is as it just hurt my eyes and i mean that in the literal since WAY to shiney for that game,but its part of zack's identity and i say he needs it like Bayman needs his beret.

i would love for them to bring back this one myself
Zack_Costume_2.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD