Do you want a tournament scene?

Do you want a healthy tournament scene for DOA5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relius Starkiller

Don't do that, Allan Paris will come down on you like a ton of bricks. .. ya know, because hes a mod.

Oh wait. . .

This apparantly is the wrong thread to be speaking about endings, especially in the detail it has been going in. Which makes his statement very plausible pertaining to the topic regardless of how anyone feels about it. You want to dicuss endings, make a thread for it. It certainly is a big topic if you want to go through the entire series.

Drift went off topic, Arnell followed us. If you wanna be a mod then you can't be selective.

I'm the greatest (Still on topic)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Don't do that, Allan Paris will come down on you like a ton of bricks. .. ya know, because hes a mod.

Oh wait. . .

Drift went off topic, Arnell followed us. If you wanna be a mod then you can't be selective.
Thanks for saving me the trouble of pointing that out.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
They would lose too many of the weeboo audience if they did that. SCV damn near went that route and believe me, it cost them.

Remember man, core sales.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The majority of ALL fighting game purchases are made with the expectation that single player content is available and decent. People who play fighting games competitively are vastly outnumbered by the ones that just play for button-mashy fun.

On topic: Tournaments! Ole!

RoboJoe

The majority of ALL fighting game purchases are made with the expectation that single player content is available and decent.

Not exactly true. Some people buy fighting games to play against others, not competitively, but casually. I do admit that some people want single player content, but you can't prove that they're the majority. All that can be proved is that the hardcore crowd is the minority.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Not exactly true. Some people buy fighting games to play against others, not competitively, but casually. I do admit that some people want single player content, but you can't prove that they're the majority. All that can be proved is that the hardcore crowd is the minority.

Your last sentence was my point. Beyond that, nobody can prove anything about play habits but it stands to reason that casuals will jump into single player content at some point.

RoboJoe

Your last sentence was my point. Beyond that, nobody can prove anything about play habits but it stands to reason that casuals will jump into single player content at some point.

I agree on that, but your first sentence implied that casuals absolutely need single player. I was saying there's no way to prove that. Obviously though, your second post addresses that so there's nothing there to argue against.

DriftSlave

the unwritten law of fighting games:
the need of single player modes to appeal to casuals.....true fact or complete and utter bullshit?
First lets identify what we count as singleplayer/Multi-player modes first

Arcade, Story, Time Attack/Ghost Battle/Kumite, Survival, Training, Customize, Trail/Mission/Tutortial all fall under single player activities, roughly 80% of a fighting games now and days.

Versus,Online/Network mode fall under Multi-player modes.

It's not that fighting games need single player modes, it's just what ends up happening. The Step in the right direction would be involving more ways to implement multi-play experiences to these single player modes. SFxTK does this with online training mode. If a Online Infrastructure looked like VF5 Quest mode, it would make us re-think the way we play fighters online. SFIV and SFxTK have online match request when you play arcade mode, however how cool would it be to have designated lobbies that house many players at once like a real arcade and you are given the choice to choose your opponent. At any given time the online lobby will host in game tournaments for the players and reward them with exclusive titles or more rank up points. This is a good way to give player choice in a modern fighter.

Eh.. I had this was a idea for a long time, so I decided to share it.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I agree on that, but your first sentence implied that casuals absolutely need single player. I was saying there's no way to prove that. Obviously though, your second post addresses that so there's nothing there to argue against.

Man, did you see how many people raged about SCV's gimped single player? Forget casuals, even a lot of hardcore players were grumpy over that.

It didn't help either that Daishi basically came out, completely unprovoked, and just admitted that the single player was only 1/4th of what was planned and there was tons of extra voice over work, etc already done.

I mean the guy has balls for just coming out and saying that like a boss, but damn. 1/4th? That'd make anybody feel like they got ripped off.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Confirming DOA 5 will fail as a competitive game without Aerosmith.

Shimbori must be petitioned immediately.

dunno if yer bein sarcastic or not.. lol .. but ive been spinning my 9 lives cd all day ...

DOA is just not the same without aerosmith ...

I'm just sayin .. >__>

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD