DOA Future Thread

Jadeinchains

Where did people insult Tom here? x__X

It was more in the immediate aftermath while you were still asleep, Some people were talking about how they felt like the crying and upset was faked etc, I think it was more just the disappointment annoying people at that moment and maybe they didn't really mean it but still I think that's the main thing people mean.

Haven't seen other places though like FB and twitter so I don't know what people are saying on sites like that.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
What I don't get is why people insult Tom when he's just doing his job, I understand people got angry because of that stunt they pulled off yesterday, but insulting someone who can't help it goes too far. Everyone is upset about DOA6 not being announced but please just stop acting like idiots. Also I know this is a stupid question but what is IP ?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
What I don't get is why people insult Tom when he's just doing his job, I understand people got angry because of that stunt they pulled off yesterday, but insulting someone who can't help it goes too far. Everyone is upset about DOA6 not being announced but please just stop acting like idiots. Also I know this is a stupid question but what is IP ?

Intellectual Property. E.g. Dead or Alive is Team Ninja's IP.

Yeah, the immediate aftermath of the announcement definitely through some peeps into hysteria (the Twitch chat looked like it was going to explode lol), but as disappointed as we may be in some way, we still or should retain faith in Team Ninja. Koei-Tecmo's the company's I'm worried about TBH. I don't know how much they care about DOA.

And yeah, anyone that insulted Tom after the announcement needs to get their head screwed on straight. He's honestly one of the chillest dudes you'd ever meet and was practically a godsend for the DOA5 offline scene/community.

Lulu

https://twitter.com/FreeStepDodge/status/942764806305656838

It reads:
For those that didn't get the message from @TeamNINJAStudio: Please be patient, the DoA team will show off their new work once they feel it's ready. Could be @E3, could be @EVO 2019. Only ones that know for sure are ninjas and won't be letting others know their secrets.

But thats an update from FSD's Twitter account not Team Ninjas.

Either way have we learned nothing from this whole debacle ?

Team Ninja have already said what they wanted to say.

Jadeinchains

I will admit the message did confuse me as well as others, Since I was confused at first that they meant the death of the DOA series rather than just DOA5. But I am actually still a little confused when it comes to the idea that was the idea that the series is being put on hiatus just a misunderstanding as well and did they actually just mean something as simple as that they currently weren't working on doa6 but could start later in the future? Oh well. I think we'll really just have to wait and see what happens with things as next year happens and see If anything happens.

Blash

I didn't see anyone insult Tom Lee.

People are displeased with the situation, and even though people are upset and angry (more so due to the handling of the announcement and the time difference issues), I think people have dictated their grievances relatively well. Nothing wrong with a little anger as long as its not misplaced or hurtful for the sake of it.

I myself am angry with the way it was handled and the vagueness of the announcement. I'm upset they didn't at least do some retro active damage control by saying "it wont be a new title or piece of merch, but please bare with us and watch the announcement if you care about the franchise." And as a supportive fan I'm hurt by this lingering feeling of "were done, go home! Piss off, we have stuff to do!" that is left over, regardless of how they produced or displayed the video.

As I mentioned earlier, I did think the usage of the deceased player came across as a little ill timed and disrespectful. That last part is just my personal opinion.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I already thought it was obvious that they wouldn't discontinue DOA as a series, they used the word "again" several times during that announcement, I knew they wouldn't end the series as a whole. I don't get why everyone blows it out of proportion by exaggerating so much.

B4A8F31D-FE5E-4D27-BAE9-DC07B5830651.gif

480702FE-BAE1-4034-99B1-BB2EB5772641.jpeg
324DFCAA-039B-4558-88CC-6202E3257588.gif

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
People were definitely blowing it way out of proportion.

Of course people blew it out of proportion, that's what people do. They BLOW shit out of proportion! it's human nature :cool:!

Seriously though, this whole situation would've went over better if TN didn't hype up the announcement and maybe just left a small message relatively close to the event leaving a hint that an announcement would be made after the DOA5LR NEC18 Grand Finals. At a base level, the actual intention of TN thanking the community for supporting and playing DOA5 for 5 years is very thoughtful and I commend them for it. Sadly it is very likely the DOA is being put on hiatus but I trust that TN still has it in them to get us pumped for when a potential DOA6 (or a new IP!) does become ready. Only time will tell now.

dg1995 said:
But can they make a good DOA 6 without the help of Sega AM2 ?

Yes, yes they can.

Any support from SEGA AM2 would just be a bonus.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Ain't buying shit

They said the same thing for NG that it's not dead and will come for the past 5 years now

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Of course people blew it out of proportion, that's what people do. They BLOW shit out of proportion! it's human nature :cool:!

Seriously though, this whole situation would've went over better if TN didn't hype up the announcement and maybe just left a small message relatively close to the event leaving a hint that an announcement would be made after the DOA5LR NEC18 Grand Finals. At a base level, the actual intention of TN thanking the community for supporting and playing DOA5 for 5 years is very thoughtful and I commend them for it. Sadly it is very likely the DOA is being put on hiatus but I trust that TN still has it in them to get us pumped for when a potential DOA6 (or a new IP!) does become ready. Only time will tell now.

Yes, yes they can.

Any support from SEGA AM2 would just be a bonus.
Why are you putting emphasis on the blow ? You're dirty minded XD

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm more devastated that this is how it had to be. Tom Lee, crying; Master... I compiled my year, and it wasn't good -- this didn't give me hope but I believe it's a testament to my life and how it's always been. I fight even when things are uncertain or look bleak and I'm grateful for people in general that I love.

human013

The mention of Master just reminded me of a couple of things. Didn't they just hire Master not too long ago? They also just started to make those Did You Know videos too. There's only about 4 of those videos and now support for DOA5 has ended. I think the TN had more in plan but for some reason just couldn't continue.

Lulu

. There's only about 4 of those videos and now support for DOA5 has ended.
Actually theres exactly 7 of them now.

And they're not particularly necessary.... Dead or Alive 5 has the best Tutorial in its Sub Genre.... the did you know series is more of a fun facts type of thing.... newbies might get baited into learning the game by Accident.

DontForkWitMe

No one seriously said they announced the series was dead but to be in Hiatus/indefinite hold status is still pretty concerning since who knows how long it will last. It took 13 years before we got a 3rd installment of Killer Instinct, SFIV took 10 years to come out after SFIII, VF6 is still vaporware 10 years later after VF5. DOA6 definitely ain't happening this console gen so a 2020 and beyond for next gen is the earliest i see it happening.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD