everything

the two sounded like dead or alive is over
but Hayashi sounds like there is more in the future
"but the Dead or alive team is very active"
and
"i hope you'll continue to support dead or alive"

Active on other projects

Jadeinchains

I think it's also pretty important to say despite the disappointment at the lack of announcement etc is that Tom Lee did amazing and has been amazing with the community and everything and it was obvious ( to me anyway ) that he was genuinely upset etc and was chocking up. So props to him and I hope he and everyone enjoys the rest of NEC at the bar. :p

The announcement and what's happening is disappointing but it's most likely because of higher ups in the company making these decisions.

Crext

Standard Donor
Truth be told, I wasn't expecting DoA6 until Playstation 5. It's logical with all the DLC stuff that they doesn't want DoA6 to compete with their current F2P game in DoA5. At the same time DoA5 came at the end of PS3, and basically is a PS3 game, so we could also have gotten a similar multi-platform DoA6 that transferred over to PS5.

Bah, I guess we won't know for a while yet. At least SC6 seem to have adopted some DoA mechanics, so that will prob. keep us occupied until any more DoA news gets around.

KnacKrover

:eek:What! :mad:No new DOA revealed? Even they’re part of Dissidia FF project doesn’t mean they cannot buy their time to focus their franchise? At least it might be a little hope someday.

Banana56

I don’t believe the franchise will be done for good tbh. No way would they be dumb enough to do that when they still have a following who’d anticipate it

It’s still weird that they tried to make a funeral out of something that was suppose to be highly anticipated. And the game still has cliffhangers, so I just can’t see it actually ending even if it does take a while to bounce back towards

Crext

Standard Donor
it is confusing

everything

the two sounded like dead or alive is over
but Hayashi sounds like there is more in the future
"but the Dead or alive team is very active"
and
"i hope you'll continue to support dead or alive"

That's the thing though. If DoA was dead, then there wouldn't be a "DoA Team which would be active". Then it would have been called something else. If there is a DoA team, then that should in theory mean that they are working on the game. And if they can't work on costumes anymore...

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It’s overreaction by everyone. Community hyped itself up with rumors. They never said that DOA was ending. They even said that they were going to focus on new projects, meaning something new will come up in the future.

They’re just not doing anything else DOA5 related. So they thanked the community for the long support over DOA5’s lifespan. They’re salvaging investments elsewhere.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
That's the thing though. If DoA was dead, then there wouldn't be a "DoA Team which would be active". Then it would have been called something else. If there is a DoA team, then that should in theory mean that they are working on the game. And if they can't work on costumes anymore...

DoA team = developers who worked on DoA

They don't solely work on DoA, the DoA team work on other projects as well

Cadaveri

Huge overreaction from everyone since people were expecting a new game announcement, they merely said that DOA5's support has ended and that they will still be making new games..

There's literally no implication saying that the DOA franchise is dead lol (apart from support for DOA5)...

Banana56

Now that I think about it, they actually never did announce the game was dying. I guess most of us just looked at the Twitch comments and got convinced that’s what they were implying (to be fair though the “crying” didn’t help either)

“However, it is time to stop what we are doing for now and look into the future” sounds like what they meant for DOA5, saying they’ll stop supporting DOA5 so they could focus on the future. It may very well be DOA6. Still god knows when it’ll come out, but there could still be hope afterall

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, I fell asleep during the tournament (not a good sign) and slept through all the drama! O: What, DOA 6 didn't happen...and it's probably even dead for the time being?! O:
I don't know why I find this almost hilarious. I must not be fully awake yet, lol.

KwonJigglypuff

Lol, I fell asleep during the tournament (not a good sign) and slept through all the drama! O: What, DOA 6 didn't happen...and it's probably even dead for the time being?! O:
I don't know why I find this almost hilarious. I must not be fully awake yet, lol.

I was actually surprised you didn't react yet haha.
DOA being dead could be a misinterpretation.
We're waiting for a confirmation from TN.
It seems DOA5 is dead, but we knew it.
Tom Lee's speech was very moving.
So it's hard to tell at he moment.
Wow what a nice pyramide.
Well goodbye DOA5 !
Time to move on.
See you all.
Love you.
Kwon

Jadeinchains

Now that I think about it, they actually never did announce the game was dying. I guess most of us just looked at the Twitch comments and got convinced that’s what they were implying (to be fair though the “crying” didn’t help either)

“However, it is time to stop what we are doing for now and look into the future” sounds like what they meant for DOA5, saying they’ll stop supporting DOA5 so they could focus on the future. It may very well be DOA6. Still god knows when it’ll come out, but there could still be hope afterall

I have to admit I definitely got swept up in the confusion like a lot of people where I wasn't ( I'm still not ) totally sure what's actually happening lol, So If I can go over it what I think is happening optimistically I think is basically -

DOA is not dead or canceled, It's just on hiatus for the time being, Doa6 is not releasing anytime soon I suppose and maybe ( hopefully ) will be back next console generation. ( Which is obviously sad but so long as it returns eventually oh well. )
For the time being while DOA is on hiatus they will be focusing on other projects like this new fighting game IP they are said to be working on.

As far as I'm aware right now that's what is happening? Doa5 is done and the doa series will continue just later while they work on other things right now.

Lol yep you get to avoid the immediate aftermath of the disappointment again! Just like at TGS.

Sotherius

Where i live the game never had an offline scene.

Online, i can find a person to play it once in a full moon, and it is even more rare to find a good match, now i imagine it will be even worse.

And now, i won't even have good tournaments to watch, because they're over.

Fuck, why i had to like this series so much, why its gameplay is so good? I could be playing Melty now and i would be more successful finding and fighting people.

I'm just sad, also, if on the possibility that TN is working on DOA 6 (which i doubt, because that would be the perfect time to announce it), what would be the next event where that announcement could happen?

CumuluZ

Standard Donor
Where i live the game never had an offline scene.

And now, i won't even have good tournaments to watch, because they're over.

Heard from a friend who is at NEC, Big E is not going to stop supporting DOA and it is free entry at Winter Brawl.

Wingman

I’m pretty bummed out tonight, to be honest. Like everyone else, that tweet from Team Ninja got me hyped for what I thought was going to be some kind of good news. Optimistically, I was hoping for Dead or Alive 6. I definitely didn’t expect what we got.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD