DOA in The Carolinas

Heikou

Standard Donor
Yeah, I'll send you a friend request. I main Kokoro, but can play Jacky to some extent.

RiBu

Bump...

I recently moved back to NC. I have a friend here who is trying to get people into DOA, and had a few new people interested in trying the game. I'm going to probably start hosting to some extent around late August, and would be down to add DOA as a potential game for sessions...

I'd like to imagine there'd be some interest lol, as TFC is kind of a big deal for this game.

RiBu

Greenville

I'm in Rocky Mount right now, but I'm not really in a situation to host.

The focus for them will probably be:

USF4
UNIEL
X game
X game...

Last edited:

RiBu

Well for now I'm staying in Rocky Mount, but if anyone would like to try and get games in I'd be glad to host.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Keep in mind guys that The Fall Classic is happening on October 10-12 in Raleigh. Don't let the out-of-state players show you up by you not participating in your back yard ;).

RiBu

Going to start trying to hold sessions in Greenville. Asking here first to see if DOA could be a thing at these or not. Will probably have GG/SF/UNIB otherwise.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Going to start trying to hold sessions in Greenville. Asking here first to see if DOA could be a thing at these or not. Will probably have GG/SF/UNIB otherwise.
Best place to start would probably be at ECU.

Fullmetal

Schools are generally one of the best places to start. I live 1 hour and 30 mins away from Greenville as well. Because of the distance, I probably might come like once every blue moon. Right now, I think Charlotte is more active in the DOA scene and perhaps other fighters. If you somehow start a scene in Greenville, people from Charlotte (if interested) and myself can participate in the DOA scene. I'm like the only player in the Raleigh region and I'm looking for a nearby place to play offline with others.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
In regards to the Charlotte area, yes, there are more people here who are willing to play DOA. However, most of the scene here is still mostly Capcom Fighters, anime, and Smash. I'm not really in good standing with my university's FGC right now, so I don't even attempt to play with them anymore.

Fullmetal

I even went as far as posting flyers near the high school that lives close to me and most of them are into Street Fighter and TEKKEN. One of those bastards wrote, "DOA is for fags!" So yeah, man, I hear ya! It's pretty tough out there trying to get some DOA in NC XD

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
It's ironic really. The biggest tournament for DOA is in NC, so I don't know why the negative reception to the series.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD