DOA in The Carolinas

RiBu

It's all good...it was way back on the foirst page; thought I had updated my user profile anyways...

Right now we play GG, MKx, and USF4. There isnt any interest in DOA with the scene here, but like I said before I have a friend who is in to the game and I'm always down to be shown up in a game people think I'm good at...

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
k52x3t.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, I am @Jyakotu, your host for this year's first ever ‪#‎CarolinaDOA‬ side tournament event!!!

Fighters from the Carolinas will come together at The Fall Classic and this year, the North and South duke it out to see which state has the best Fighters in the Carolinas!

WHAT IS CAROLINA DOA?
Carolina DOA brings the DOA community from North and South Carolina together under one roof at the largest tournament in both the Carolinas! Team NC and Team SC will compete in a battle to see which Carolina reigns supreme in DOA5 Last Round and WINNER TAKES ALL!!! That's right, the winner takes ALL OF THE POT BONUS!!! So, are you ready to prove which Carolina has the best Fighters in DOA?!

Entry Fee for Tournaments: $10

Depending on the number of entrants, here are the rules:

TEAM NC vs. TEAM SC Rules
  • Two teams of players based off location (NC & SC)
  • 3 rounds, 60 seconds, NO COSTUME SOFT BAN!!!
  • Best 2 out 3 matches in game with 3 rounds, each match win = 1 point
  • Loser rotates and cannot play again (aka no loser brackets, no comeback)
  • Last team standing wins and the player with the most points wins! In the event of tied points, a FT5 takes place and whomever wins gets the entire pot!

SINGLES Rules
  • Standard DOA5 Last Round tournament rules
  • 3 rounds, 60 seconds, NO COSTUME SOFT BAN!!!
  • 2 out of 3 matches in 3 games
  • Winner is character locked, loser can switch

For those who do not want to participate in the tournament, but still want to showcase some skill, we got you covered!

Entry Fee for Showcase: $5 (goes towards tournament pot)

CAROLINA SHOWCASE Rules
  • Best 2 out of 3 matches in 3 games, Winner stays

If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me via Facebook! Hope to see all you Carolina Fighters at TFC this year! The main DOA5 Last Round tournament is part of the Battle Royal 2015 tour and is FREE ENTRY!!!

Last edited:

RiBu

Have a fixed time for sessions now. Every Thursday a 4 I host at my place; if anyone on here would ever be interested in heading to them just send me a message.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I may bring my PS4 for TFC, just so we can have access to DLC. Also, @Tempest, would you need to bring a monitor or would the event staff for TFC not mind us using their monitors and/or PS4 systems?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'll bring my PS4 then. Since this event is in the state, I'll feel a bit more comfortable bring it.

RiBu

I might be able to bring a ps4, but I don't have a copy of DOA on it lol. I do have a ps3 if people would be cool with that for casual stuff though.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Okay guys, so I have been actively seeking employment since even before college graduation and I still haven't had much luck getting offers. I've had tons of interviews, but no offers. I've given myself until the week before TFC to either find employment or raise the money to get there. If neither of these things pan out, Carolina DOA is going to have to be cancelled. While I do have friends who are going there that would be willing to run the event in my absence, I would rather be there myself to see it play out and host it, because this is something I've been planning for awhile and want to see come to fruition.

RiBu

Since I'm not sure how many people live in NC who go to this site...I'm getting a room with some of Greenville crowd for TFC. Anyone who needs a room for TFC message me and we can work out maybe fitting more people into the one I'm getting. This can also go for people out of state who are trying to go to TFC as well.

RiBu

Where's everyone at. Do we have a room for DOA going on? Are we just sitting looking at people play other games/on the streets?...DO I NEED TO SET UP MY ROOM FOR DOA?

RiBu

Good stuff Tempest and the rest of your group, I think all of you guys have some good potential. Sorry I dipped out with saying something, but my group was ready to get back home.
Hopefully I'll see you guys at some other majors down the road.

Heikou

Standard Donor
Sucks that I missed you, RiBu. Which tourney do you plan on attending next? I should be attending tournaments pretty regularly after October.

Fullmetal

Ribu, from the group you live closer to me. I think we can have casuals pretty often. I live in Cary and that's like about an hour drive.

Fullmetal

Sucks that I missed you, RiBu. Which tourney do you plan on attending next? I should be attending tournaments pretty regularly after October.
Are you going to NEC? My next tournament is Defend the North in New York. It's not part of the Battle Royale thing but I'm going regardless.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD