DOA5 E3 Build: The Good, Bad and Ugly

d3v

No, I know what you're talking about. I just never thought of stun-launch combos as hit confirms (remember in Blazblue, etc, it's ABC), so I tended to ignore something like CH iMCF RCC 3B A(G)B+K in terms of being a hit confirm.

But, I guess it would be, just like hitstun combos in Skullgirls, etc. Because Yoshi's 3B is unsafe and couldn't be blocked in that situation.
Everything starts of a hit confirm. In the case of the Yoshi combo, you're confirming that CH.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
As condescending as it is. It is the horrible truth. If you are at disadvantage there needs to be a definitive disadvantage(outside of punishment of on some normals). Like wise if there is an advantage there needs to be a definitive advantage.

With the questioning of the reward from blocking and getting "nothing" it does actually show how much you do know about these deeper aspects let alone the mindset and knowledge in a situation for example where you have a normal that is advantage on block but gets nothing on hit. On block or on hit their reaction to that situation provides a lot of what information is in the player matchup and allows you to takes the higher risk/rewards options later.

Believe it or not Dogg's statements do affect the betterment of not only people reading so if they don't already know they can get informed on things but also the development of the game competitively. I am not riding Dogg and I have had things in the past from a long time of reading his and even Rikuto's posts that I haven't agreed with but starting to read their statements and others from my young age of playing the game has made me better as a player and I have transferred that to other games.(Since I was about 9-10 I started reading and playing doa competitively and started playing at 8) Since being now I actually agree with both Dogg on Rikuto on a lot of things they see and believe it or not you shouldn't view it as a condescending thing but more of a fill of knowledge that you don't yet get.

Under the same thing, you aren't contributing to the betterment of anything getting mad because something offends you.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of someone so young actually reading the discussions we had back then.

Youngest person I knew who was reading that load of nonsense was a gay 13 year old from Malaysia with a taste for creme brulee. Of course when I heard you were even younger.... man. Makes a person feel kind of guilty for being such an abrasive dick all the time. Now whenever I post something I have to think of the children.

I'll start by finding a more friendly looking version of Hugh Laurie for my avatar.

Skilletor

A bit black and white, don't you think?

And, that's derogatory? Next thing is I'll show my distaste for a console and I'll be committing a video game hate crime.

I don't see the issue. You either hit confirm something, or you don't. You hit somebody with an attack, confirm the hit for the followup, or you don't. It's not like the DoA community taking some known fighting game lingo (2-in-1s), and making it mean something else.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I don't see the issue. You either hit confirm something, or you don't. You hit somebody with an attack, confirm the hit for the followup, or you don't. It's not like the DoA community taking some known fighting game lingo (2-in-1s), and making it mean something else.

Why be consistent when we can just confuse the hell out of everybody?

Rite of passage, I say.

d3v

But that already happened with the term "stun."

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
But that already happened with the term "stun."
We never changed the meaning of stun. If anyone was to ask about hit stun or block stun, it would be totally unchanged. Critical stun is not in any other fighters so it has a definition of its own.

AKNova7

Can somebody tell me if the E3 DOA build's movement feels more like 3. The game's movement system per the Alpha feels so...dirty.

Raansu

Can somebody tell me if the E3 DOA build's movement feels more like 3. The game's movement system per the Alpha feels so...dirty.

It's close in alpha imo. Better than DoA4's movement where it felt like moving in slow motion but it's not quite as fast as DoA3's movement.

AKNova7

Maybe it's because they still have that sidestep acceleration drag from DOA4, but it just...it doesn't feel smooth. Maybe it's that combined with how linear attacks still catch step and how negative attacks are so you can't really move to begin with...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Hows the movement Dirty? Please explain? :S
I dunno about everyone else, but other than Tina's intro and winning poses being somewhat akin to Britney Spears and the obvious physics which complement his description of the movement in the game, I don't see any other movement in DOA5 that suggests it's dirty. Maybe slightly jerky, but not dirty. The new sidestep mechanic might make some people feel it's a little jerky and stiff like VF, or it could be the framerate in which the footage was streamed that makes it feel a little odd and doesn't do it justice.

DrDogg, Rikuto, can you clarify that the E3 demo was running at 60fps, or no?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The demo and the IPL stream were running at 60 fps.

The matches uploaded to Youtube run at 30 fps as Youtube will not display a faster frame rate than that so it literally skips every other frame.

Lei

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of someone so young actually reading the discussions we had back then.

Youngest person I knew who was reading that load of nonsense was a gay 13 year old from Malaysia with a taste for creme brulee. Of course when I heard you were even younger.... man. Makes a person feel kind of guilty for being such an abrasive dick all the time. Now whenever I post something I have to think of the children.

I'll start by finding a more friendly looking version of Hugh Laurie for my avatar.

Yep I was a lurker man. I mean I was never offended idk. but FOR THE CHILDREN!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD