DOA5+ for PS Vita

prototypetom

think some people are way overoptimistic.
My guess: I think the + will pretty much mean "It's DOA5 like on your PS3, but now you can play on vita... which is a plus".

but i'll probably get a vita for this anyway :confused:

loralei

NO! There will really be no difference, except that all the crappy DLC that many of you (and I orz) purchased will now be readily included in the game, and that Leon and Ein will be copy pasta'd into the game with no knew moves and pretty much the same face. There's no way we'll be getting a new story mode or anything significant of that sort because, as we all know, you don't get what you pay for (which I'm guessing will be around $40 and around $250 plus for whoever that still needs a Vita). I don't know. They did this with NG3 for WiiU too, so I can't say I'm really looking forward to this at all. By the way, I'm basing all of this off of the costume DLC they released so far.
Here's the article I'm assuming this came from:
http://gamerant.com/ps-vita-plus-bundle-dead-or-alive-5-trailer/
And heres's a interview with Hayashi:
LOL^ "I'm a Fighter, let's fight!"
Probably gonna give in a the end anyways. u_u

Zeo

True, but the 360/PS3 version had toms of room for improvement. Not saying DoA5 doesn't, but I'd rather not buy the same game twice.
This is a port to the Vita with a few updates, not a revision of the game like NG3:RE was. Chances are whatever the Vita port gets will be patched into the console versions later on.

Skilletor

This is a port to the Vita with a few updates, not a revision of the game like NG3:RE was. Chances are whatever the Vita port gets will be patched into the console versions later on.

With the emphasis they're putting on the competitive community, they pretty much have to.

Mailifang

This announcement just proves that TN is going to put out a tweaked game play enhanced version with a few more characters,all the DLC outfits,and a few more stages. They will call it DOA5 EX ALPHA PLUS ULTIMATE EDITION.It will be released on console at the retail price of 59.99.Why 59.99 and not 49.99 or 39.99?Well because I have never recalled TN lowering or discounting its price point on any of its titles. It will also come out in about 6 to 8 months.No...wait thats a Capcom release time after they put out a new title.With TN it will probably be 8 months to a year.

Skilletor

If they don't lower the price, the market will. DoA5 is 40 bucks new right now, only a bit more than a month after release. NG3 was the 40 bucks a month after launch.

Keylay

This announcement just proves that TN is going to put out a tweaked game play enhanced version with a few more characters,all the DLC outfits,and a few more stages. They will call it DOA5 EX ALPHA PLUS ULTIMATE EDITION.It will be released on console at the retail price of 59.99.Why 59.99 and not 49.99 or 39.99?Well because I have never recalled TN lowering or discounting its price point on any of its titles. It will also come out in about 6 to 8 months.No...wait thats a Capcom release time after they put out a new title.With TN it will probably be 8 months to a year.

Ninja Gaiden Black came out at $29.99.

I'm wondering how the game will transfer over to the Vita. NGS+ runs at 30 fps instead of 60 fps but it still runs fine. They also had to make changes to Ryu and Rachel's model.

Skilletor

NG Sigma+ is also native res with AA. I'd wager that DoA5+ won't be either of those in order to get 60fps.

Mailifang

Ninja Gaiden Black came out at $29.99.

I'm wondering how the game will transfer over to the Vita. NGS+ runs at 30 fps instead of 60 fps but it still runs fine. They also had to make changes to Ryu and Rachel's model.

Oh ok. One of those rare occasions I guess.

akhi216

Standard Donor
From Tecmo's Facebook page:

Building on the popular DOA series’ signature fighting style, DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS brings the spectacular graphics and new martial arts techniques of the recent console release to the PS Vita with all-new system-specific features. Players will take on the roles of the cast of DEAD OR ALIVE fighters in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world, with each stage featuring backdrops that change and interact with players. With a sensual yet realistic style, characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail. New touch controls bring a completely new experience to fighting games. Simple taps, swipes, and pinches on your opponent trigger a variety of devastating moves. Using the Vita’s motion sensor, you can even play vertically for a first-person, full-screen view of your opponent. Both new and expert players will also find even more ways to up their game with new training-focused modes and a new display of advanced frame data that reveals twice the amount of information for each move compared to previous versions. Tournament players will spend hours analysing the best moves for their fights.

synce

First person view huh... Didn't Tekken 2 or one of those games do something like that?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
First person view huh... Didn't Tekken 2 or one of those games do something like that?
I believe it was the Genesis 32X version of the original Virtua Fighter, which, while on a redundant console add-on, arguably felt the most "complete" as far as gameplay and features go, but not so much with graphics obviously.

However, the first person mode was a secret camera mode, and caused significant lag compared to the other camera modes.

prototypetom

oh. well at least no-one could argue they've gone the lazy route.

But I have to wonder the logic of this approach. its sounds like it'll be completely independent experience from DOA5... so if people invest in this... arguably a lot of the same people invested in DOA5 proper... it'll directly effect the full console game... can't see how that's good news for anyone, including TN ultimately. if this works it'll hurt the DOA5 base use and its longevity offline and online. if it fails and most of us stick with the actual game they hurt the financial viability of the franchise.

tell me i'm wrong FSD, i hope I am.

Kronin

New info from facebook, also if they don't add almost nothing compared to the previous one posted by akhi216:

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS takes the signature fighting style of the popular DOA series along with stunning graphics and new martial arts techniques of the recent console release, and brings it to the Vita with all-new system-specific features.

In DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS, players will take on the roles of the cast of DEAD OR ALIVE fighters in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world. The famed DOA hand-to-hand combat returns, supporte
d by 3D stages that update the series’ characteristic style with a fresh look and feel.

Stages in DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS are more than spectacular visual backdrops, instead playing to a fighter’s strengths. As a fight progresses, the backdrop will change and interact with players. Skilled fighters will be able to utilize these dynamic stages to pit their opponents against fresh obstacles to create a new fighting experience. This fusion of combat and dynamically changing backdrops is the formula for the evolution of fighting games as “Fighting Entertainment.”

With a sensual yet realistic style, DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail. Innovative touch controls bring a completely new experience to fighting games. Simple taps, swipes and pinches to your opponent trigger a variety of devastating moves. Using the Vita’s motion sensor, you can play vertically for a first-person, full-screen view of your opponent. These intuitive new controls are only possible with the PS Vita’s touchscreen and rear touch pad.

Both novice and expert players will find even more ways to up their game with DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS. New modes focused just on training offer tutorials on game basics, and a new display of advanced frame data offers over twice as much the amount of information on each move than the previous version. Tournament players will spend hours analyzing the best moves for their fights.

Gather your friends and take the fight inside, outside or anywhere. DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS takes the ultimate in Fighting Entertainment on the go, thanks to the Vita's ad hoc and infrastructure network features.

FEATURES

• Intense DOA Fighting: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS expands the signature DOA fighting style with a variety of deadly martial arts techniques and styles.

• Realistic and Sensual Graphics: Characters come alive with a new visual style combining stunning realism with a warm, naturalistic feel that conveys every facet of each character—from raw power to sleek sensuality. And now you can interact directly with the characters using the Vita’s touchscreens!

• Dream Lineup: The full cast of DOA fighters is at your fingertips, including Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, Kasumi, Hitomi, Bayman, Christie, Lei Fang, Zack, Kokoro, Bass, Rig, Jann Lee, Helena, Lisa, Brad Wong, Eliot, Tina and more.

• Dynamic Interactive 3D Stages: More than a backdrop, spectacular locations from around the world provide a changing and interactive arena for deadly battles.

• Devastating Finishing Moves: Use power blows to interactively trigger the Danger Zone of a stage, including crashing cars, collapsing glaciers, and an exploding oil rig—distract your opponents or drive them into danger.

Coming to PlayStation Vita, Q1 2013.

I find interesting that "new display of advanced frame data offers over twice as much the amounf ot informaion of each move than the previous version."

Someone has any idea about what could be added in this regard?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD