Mr. Wah was able to get a hold of the DOA5 Alpha Demo a little early and streamed for two hours earlier here: http://www.justin.tv/freestepdodge
The stream's through now but you can watch the archive here: http://www.justin.tv/freestepdodge/b/312147431
Alpha Version Title Screen
Mr. Wah covers a lot of info during that time and tests out a lot of different things. Some notable information includes:
- Power Blow is
- Wall Crumple is like in the Akira video where you get a guaranteed follow-up hit.
- Side Steps are and and you can do side step attacks during.
- The limbo stun is back!
- Izuna drop hold is still there for High, Mid and Low. It's an "advanced" hold, i.e. the first input is for High, for Mid and for Low. This also does not counter kicks at those levels.
- Offensive holds have been removed from the majority of the cast here. Hayabusa's handstand throw still appears to be an offensive hold.
- Hit bubbles/effects can be turned off.
- The button config lets you select a function and then hit the button you would like to assign.
- You can choose between classic and action camera types which just vary the camera during throws.
- Hayabusa has gained an air throw:
- Normal Life is now 270 points versus the previous 240. This is was considered the Large Life setting previously.
- Standard Throws have been sped up back to 5 initial frames.
Button ConfigMain MenuMore Settings
Mr. Wah's Exciting XBL Status!