DOA5 single player/casual thread

R4712-VR88

A story mode that doesn't have busa come out and save the day.

This.

Also no more people slapping people. That was just ridiculous.

EDIT: They need to bring back the original title logo. I'm tired of the clean lettering as it looks too much like some racing game style title. Plus the original fits with the new direction and attitude DOA5 is becoming.

Dead_or_Alive_Logo_2.bmp

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but unless it's already planned, it's very likely too late to add this to the game.

Aww, we know that you silly doggy! Don't you know how to just play along ?
This is the casual thread! :p

Now who wants a BIG STEAK ?! I know you do !!! That's a good doggy !!
FETCH!!!

GOOD BOY!!!

*Dr. Dogg wiggles his tail in excitement.

WOOF WOOF ! :p

KwonJigglypuff

A mini-game with beach volleyball with the 12 girls (DOA + VF) could pay a nice tribute to the DOAX serie. It could be nice. Or perhaps a stage with a beach and some random girls (those who don't fight) in the background, playing volleyball. It could be nice and hot.

Kronin

I got a better idea.

If Sega's helpin' Team Ninja out at making DOA5 a solid fighter with implementing VF characters almost seamlessly into the game, they may as well make the volleyball mini-game play similarly to Sega's Beach Spikers, but without the robotic dialogue and announcers of course. (Yes, AM2 ALSO did a beach volleyball game back in the day.)

With this gameplay style, I could see Power Blow spikes being implemented a bit easier so it could complement DOA5's new features.

Your idea becomes more and more awesome... I never played with Sega's Beach Spikers but seeing the gameplay videos I always though it must be really funny to play.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Your idea becomes more and more awesome... I never played with Sega's Beach Spikers but seeing the gameplay videos I always though it must be really funny to play.
What can I say? Toonami works wonders.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I bet my own copy of Rival Turf that some anti-DOA fanatic sneaked in the networks and forced Tom to drink so much haterade that he couldn't even mention DOA 3.1. That doesn't sound like Tom at all.

Arnell Long

I doubt they'll truly know the difference between the two lol.

DOA3.1 was more so better for competitive standpoints. Sorta how DOA4.0 was better than DOA4.1. Tom and the crew wouldn't be able to decipher them.

So I would see them giving it the same rating....

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
DOA3.1 also didn't come out until 4 months afterwards and even then it would have been something the Toonami audience wouldn't have been able to get a hold of.

Gill Hustle

This in general:

A random select stage playlist with options for certain levels to enable/disable dangerzones.

That way if any stage is not tournament worthy people can exclude the bad ones.

Also like with DOAD have weekly challengers that could be ghost data of the weeks top players, TN employees, etc. I'd also be for a general quest/kumite mode.

Ghost Data characters should use that players favorite costume and be worth a certain amount of battle points.

:ayane:

DrDogg

A random select stage playlist with options for certain levels to enable/disable dangerzones.

That way if any stage is not tournament worthy people can exclude the bad ones.

I wouldn't really call this casual or single player, but looking at the crossed out options in the E3 build, I think this is a feature. I can't be sure since it is crossed out, but the description makes me think it allows for custom random options. Not sure if it will include stage and character or something completely different, but... yeah.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Eh, I could agree with that for 3.0.

My problem wouldn't be that they said "not a lot of depth here".

It would be why they said it.

Even with DOA 4's release you saw a ton of media outlets basically just recycling things Drdogg was saying months prior to release for their own post-release reviews, even when those facts were no longer true. They don't do any of their own research, yet they still consider themselves professional enough to have a payed opinion on the subject matter.

And then, of course, you had Virtuapai getting plagiarized directly in that "guide".

It's rather a joke...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD