DOA5: The Show: Lei Fang vs. Zack trailer

Get Lucky

yes i get its a jk taunt and would f with ppl with it the same as i did with his 1p,k inhis teletubby outfit in 4. but i want a viable sidestepping sway that would help his rushdown/ pressure game against some1 not tarded or scared. not to mention something like that would fit him perfectly

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No one is seriously worried about it. It seems that there are indicators that will warn you when he's coming and I also mentioned before that he can be turned off. Will that effect the other danger-zones in doing so, maybe? It's more-so the principle that the tiger is there because the cheetah and cars were an issue so why would this feature be adopted.

The cheetah and dinos were that bad that any sort of moving dangerzone just strikes fear into the competitive DOA player. lol.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
yes i get its a jk taunt and would f with ppl with it the same as i did with his 1p,k inhis teletubby outfit in 4. but i want a viable sidestepping sway that would help his rushdown/ pressure game against some1 not tarded or scared. not to mention something like that would fit him perfectly

You're aware that every character has one, right? And that it actually works now?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Zack could be as bad as Dampierre and he still wouldn't have room to complain. Le Bello is taking evo, mark my words.

Get Lucky

yes rikuto but u do realize when i say sway im talking bout his stances right. as in his duck/sway id like to c him have that upgraded to go left/right as well. but they havent showed his roll outta duck yet (they could of removed it who knows) so that could of been sped up enough to work just as well. only time will tell. but i c saying wat id like to c has become some crime now unless were talking bout counters o_O

geez dogg just shutup already. is my asesment of that move wrong or do i need to come remove that stick u have lodged up ur ass

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I understand what you're talking about.

So.... yea. It may or may not have something similar that comes out of stance, but it's not like you're missing the option from neutral. It IS there.

DrDogg

geez dogg just shutup already. is my asesment of that move wrong or do i need to come remove that stick u have lodged up ur ass

Your general assessment is wrong, yes. Plus, we were talking about SC5, and you ruined that. Sad day...

Get Lucky

well figuring this is a thread attached to a doa5 trailer debuting 2 characters id say idc bout ur sad day. but since my assesment of that move is wrong y dont u explain it to me.

ya and im not debating that at all rikuto its called a sidestep or in this case an ss move o_O again just saying wat id like to c and that itd fit him well with wat he already had and wat they've shown so far.

Lexmark2

No one is seriously worried about it. It seems that there are indicators that will warn you when he's coming and I also mentioned before that he can be turned off. Will that effect the other danger-zones in doing so, maybe? It's more-so the principle that the tiger is there because the cheetah and cars were an issue so why would this feature be adopted.
Because maybe the majority of people who played doa are causals and they liked it? I don't know but its clear that some people had to like it as to why it was brought back.
There's no reason to take a step back as i'm sure some people would complain that these type of dangerzones are gone. There's nothing wrong with having variety I guess which is why they do give the option to turn it off.
This is one of those things that I promise you no matter what they would have done someone was going to complain me thinks.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Because maybe the majority of people who played doa are causals and they liked it? I don't know but its clear that some people had to like it as to why it was brought back.
There's no reason to take a step back as i'm sure some people would complain that these type of dangerzones are gone. There's nothing wrong with having variety I guess which is why they do give the option to turn it off.
This is one of those things that I promise you no matter what they would have done someone was going to complain me thinks.

Problem is that turning off dangerzones means turning off ALL dangerzones, not just the stupid ones. And there are groups of people who won't play DOA if they don't have most of those danger zones on, just as there are groups of people who won't play DOA with the moving danger zones on. Dumb situation, basically.

Giving us some more direct environmental control options would go a long way I think.

Allan Paris

If Sharekhan did not sprint across the screen, trust me, NO ONE WOULD COMPLAIN or have anything to say about it. I could see the topic being brought up like, "Hey, it'd be nice if that tiger in the cage ran across the screen and mauled one of us!" But never a complaint that it doesn't.

I honestly do not care that much to argue it. As far as the matches I play, homeboy will be turned off (like they were in 4), if stage selection is on me.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'd much rather the developer making up their minds on dangerzones on/off over leaving another way to split the community.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I'd much rather the developer making up their minds on dangerzones on/off over leaving another way to split the community.

the way i see it ..
dangerzones on = single player stages
dangerzones off = tag stages ...

just a thought ..

i dunno why people dont like the dangerzones i think they're fricken awesome and add a unique flavor to the game ..

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
the way i see it ..
dangerzones on = single player stages
dangerzones off = tag stages ...

just a thought ..

i dunno why people dont like the dangerzones i think they're fricken awesome and add a unique flavor to the game ..

Well, that's because you don't understand the grief they cause.

It's situational. Some dangerzones were too stupid for words like doatec germany having electrified ceilings, floors, and walls. Just one throw from Tengu/Genfu, or an Izuna could pretty much end you. Then there are ones such as the moving ones.... they didn't add anything strategic, just random bullshit that interfered with legitimate competition.

Static danger zones that don't completely favor one small set of characters in a drastic way are great though. Strategy can be formed around those, and they add to the game. The others don't.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Random =/= competitive.

Pretty much this.

It's supposed to be a competitive fighting game, not some chips & dip mario party bullshit.

Flashy stuff and explosions are cool. Shaking cameras and retarded cheetahs/dinosaurs that rape you from offscreen are not.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD