DOA5: The Show: Lei Fang vs. Zack trailer

x Sypher x

Its weird because the past trailers they have used old voice overs from past games but this time i cant recognize where lei fangs voice is from.

Maybe it's from the new opening and winning quotes you are hearing this. But in-game it's still the same.

RoboJoe

The tigers are annoying and you don't get much warning that they'll start moving, so dodging them seems unlikely unless you're already out of their range.

Zack's Blanka ball looks interesting. It looks like it hits mid and probably evades lows. The animation makes me think it's unholdable, but I wonder if it can be punished, assuming that it works like an actual Blanka ball and moves him backwards even on block.

Also, I noticed there was no sweat or dirt on the characters. There's probably an option to turn it off.

TRI Mike

To be quite honest, I didn't like it at all. Nothing pleased me today. From the day they first announced Busa and Hayate they were showing a more mature art and style and while I do understand Zack is a comedy character, the whole circus thing went too over-the-top. Also the costumes. Leifang's face and new look are very beautiful as I expected but her most iconic outfit has always been the chinese dress and high-heeled sandals but they decided to show her with the retarded clown pants for some reason and Zack himself simply looks out of place.

The music of the stage was also very shitty, just like the dangerzones. I dunno, the whole thing just doesn't feel like the DOA5 they've been showing the past few months.

As someone before me said, I really hope we can get an option to customize which stages appear in random because having this crap show up constantly will just hinder my experience with the game.

Arnell Long

To be honest this trailer was the worst to me. Nothing special. I dont really like the comedic feel of it. I kinda miss the old DOA levels. Also it seems that the non ninja fighters have generic power blows.

Agreed, and yea, they could of made them a bit better seeing as how the Ninjas got so much treatment with theirs, at the very least they could of taken a little bit more time on the non-Ninja characters, but I would say Hitomi's Power Blow is badass tho.

Doug Nguyen

To be quite honest, I didn't like it at all. Nothing pleased me today. From the day they first announced Busa and Hayate they were showing a more mature art and style and while I do understand Zack is a comedy character, the whole circus thing went too over-the-top. Also the costumes. Leifang's face and new look are very beautiful as I expected but her most iconic outfit has always been the chinese dress and high-heeled sandals but they decided to show her with the retarded clown pants for some reason and Zack himself simply looks out of place.

The music of the stage was also very shitty, just like the dangerzones. I dunno, the whole thing just doesn't feel like the DOA5 they've been showing the past few months.

As someone before me said, I really hope we can get an option to customize which stages appear in random because having this crap show up constantly will just hinder my experience with the game.

Yeah i agree. The trailers were getting better and better. Now it just dropped being the worst one yet. Christie and Baymans was amazing. This trailer really makes me worry how the rest of the game will be. Still no doubt im going to buy this but little disappointed with how little they changed lei fang for the more realistic look.

Agreed, and yea, they could of made them a bit better seeing as how the Ninjas got so much treatment with theirs, at the very least they could of taken a little bit more time on the non-Ninja characters, but I would say Hitomi's Power Blow is badass tho.

Yeah Hitomi probably has the best for non ninja. The rest of them have a short two hit attack.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Yeah its the opening and winning quotes im talking about. So far they have used old ones thats why.
That's Because they just started voice recording a few months ago, this must be Lei fangs new Quote, she sounds like the same person tbh

Doug Nguyen

That's Because they just started voice recording a few months ago, this must be Lei fangs new Quote, she sounds like the same person tbh

Oh yeah maybe. I dont know i notice a difference. Her voice seems softer, cant really describe it. Her voice while fightings the same though.

Arnell Long

Of course, Zack has always been an over the top comedic, nothing new there. And plus, this is a Circus so I take it the Lei Fang outfit was to compliment the setting. Her "iconic" outfit is still her main getup.

It's the same DOA, it just showing us it has more than one particular feel to it, and again, this is a Circus Stage, so what isn't over the top about a Circus...or better yet, a Circus in a video game at that?

Um, I'm half and half on this, but that's why they give us the option to choose our Stages so for those who don't care for it won't "accidentally" get it on random.

Einzelkind

I like that they didn't totally forget the funny side of DOA. There were always goofy endings, storylines and characters, so why not have a goofy stage for once? Leifang and Zack were never serious characters to begin with, so I don't really see the problem here. It's not like Hayabusa is suddenly the circus director (I still vote in favor of giving him a fitting costume,though).

Doug Nguyen

I like that they didn't totally forget the funny side of DOA. There were always goofy endings, storylines and characters, so why not have a goofy stage for once? Leifang and Zack were never serious characters to begin with, so I don't really see the problem here. It's not like Hayabusa is suddenly the circus director (I still vote in favor of giving him a fitting costume,though).

I think Zack fits but not Lei Fang i think maybe Bass would of been a better choice.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The tigers are annoying and you don't get much warning that they'll start moving, so dodging them seems unlikely unless you're already out of their range.

How do you know that they didn't trigger the dangerzone in some way? The trailer just cut to the tiger already running on the field, and it looks like the lights showing its path were blinking for 3 seconds after they passed by. I imagine that it would be another 3 seconds of lit path before they begin running.

TRI Mike

Yeah but the point is to get a random stage over a selection of good ones. So far, Shibuya, the raft and the warfare thing looked awesome but the Circus will simply be a reason to press start and retry every time it shows up. They need to add an option to take it out of random selection like in Smash Brawl.

Also, don't get me wrong. I love how Leifang looks and I was very eager to see her in action but the entire Zack and Circus thing around her lowered my joy at seeing her.

Doug Nguyen

Yeah but the point is to get a random stage over a selection of good ones. So far, Shibuya, the raft and the warfare thing looked awesome but the Circus will simply be a reason to press start and retry every time it shows up. They need to add an option to take it out of random selection like in Smash Brawl.

Also, don't get me wrong. I love how Leifang looks and I was very eager to see her in action but the entire Zack and Circus thing around her lowered my joy at seeing her.

Yeah i was excited to see her but so far this trailer only has dissapoitment. I expected more for her reveal like all the other trailers.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
capturedcran20120524214.png

This girl in the Background has the same outfit as Lei fang, I'm assuming Lei fang works at the circus and It has something to do with her Story.

x Sypher x

capturedcran20120524214.png

This girl in the Background has the same outfit as Lei fang, I'm assuming Lei fang works at the circus and It has something to do with her Story.

Well I guess that's understandable. In the past DOA games her life's goal was to defeat Jan Lee. I guess after finally beating him in DOA4 she felt like she needed to find a new calling lol.

Arnell Long

Just watched the Trailer again and liked it better the second time, guess I better understood what the hell was going on and actually analyzed it.

And no, Lei Fang cannot beat up Jann Lee, lmfao! Ask Hayabusa that and he'll tell ya the same thing. And good eye Kodachi, looks like she does have some connection to the Stage.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Well I guess that's understandable. In the past DOA games her life's goal was to defeat Jan Lee. I guess after finally beating him in DOA4 she felt like she needed to find a new calling lol.
''Leifang - A female master of T'ai Chi Quan. Raised in a wealthy family, she is quite stubborn and trains to defeat Jann Lee, who once saved her from harm.''
This was Posted w/ Her Render, Apparently she Hasn't Defeated Jann Lee yet :/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD