DOA5 ver 1.03a Bugs,Glitches, and Tweaks.

Chaos

Is it just me? o_OOr did TN made the cpu more annoying? ( constantly grabbing and reading my inputs) And I notice it loves to low hold quite frequently (which is bullshit :mad:)

Edit: oh, another glitch I'd found, if you try to grab your opponent your hands clips right through their face! fuck that shit! :mad:

A glitch with Alpha's cancels that still hasn't been fixed:

It's never exactly been an unheard of glitch either >_> It'd be fair play if the opponent was blocking, but that's beside the point.

Edit: Weird, I just accepted a throwdown and once I'd selected a character, it had a short clip showing the Dojo stage playing on a loop. Had to restart after the match was showing no signs of loading.

Dr. Claw

Is Raijin even more impossible to do since the update?
No matter where I look on the Internet, there isn't a definitive write up as to the requirements besides the directions required. I am convinced there is a frame restriciton and a timing issue, but everyone's write ups of that move have been as vague as all get out (do it fast, etc).

TakedaZX

Is Raijin even more impossible to do since the update?
No matter where I look on the Internet, there isn't a definitive write up as to the requirements besides the directions required. I am convinced there is a frame restriciton and a timing issue, but everyone's write ups of that move have been as vague as all get out (do it fast, etc).

The less you have to think about it, the more consistent it becomes. I guess that's what doing it fast really represents. In the heat of battle I can do it 10x more consistently than in the lab but you really just have to practice and level out factors that might work against you getting those inputs out.

A special factor I have? Dry skin. Sounds like a joke right? It's not. Some days I literally can't get the input out because my thumb is dried out and grinding across the ps3 pad, getting stuck and slowing me down, then other days it's fine and I can do every input that I want.

You can write that off as bullshit if you like but the Raijin is the toughest grab to input next to Alpha's awkward grab (dunno the input but it's irregular in DOA games). Add something to hold you back, you'll never get it out.

Akumasama

If anything what always puzzled me about raijin since DoA4 is the fact it DEMANDS a very clean input frame buffer, which is very odd since most other moves accept some dirty input in there, just not the Raijin.
Wonder why.

Akumasama

Anyway, after several days of tests, a small report to sum up the issue me and other players have been experiencing.

The Issue:
On Xbox360, after the latest patch 1.03A, the game doesn't recognize the Online Pass anymore. You cannot play online anymore.

Things tested:
  • Removing all updates
  • Removing and redownloading the Online Pass
  • Using different devices to save game data
  • Clear Cache
  • Delete Game Profile
  • Delete everything about the game and start anew

Odd happenings:
  • I had this random error appear to me a couple of times in the past as well, but redownloading the Online Pass or Rebooting the console always fixed it.
  • If you decide to play without selecting a device to save your data, the game will recognize your online pass. You won't be able to save or to use your saved data though (gamepad settings, additional titles, stages, costumes etc)
  • If you create a new game profile, either by using a new device or deleting the previous one, the game will initially recognize your online pass. If you turn the console off and then back on again, the same error will appear again and the game won't recognize it
  • When you don't use a game profile or use a new one, the initial "Checking Game Version" when you first access the main menu is really fast. When the game gets "broken" (i.e. it won't read the pass anymore) that initial "checking game version" is much slower.

Who did I contact?
Microsoft - Official forums, got some kind replies but alas no solution
Tecmo - Email. Around 1 week and no reply yet
Tecmo - Twitter, same as above
Team Ninja - Twitter, same as above

DR2K

Wow Team Ninja dun goofed with the online pass. Might as well make it free at this point.

Scott

I may be the only one who experiences this, but sometimes after teching and spinning back (11) I am still able to be hit with jumping downed attacks (8P+K). I clearly complete the tech and segments of the backdash but still get flattened. Anyone else?

Chaos

I may be the only one who experiences this, but sometimes after teching and spinning back (11) I am still able to be hit with jumping downed attacks (8P+K). I clearly complete the tech and segments of the backdash but still get flattened. Anyone else?

I'd experienced the same bullshit especially when I was facing a Akira player who kept smashing me to the ground constantly :mad:

Nightpup

Really? I have no issues with her BT movement. She moves like she should. Then again whenever I go BT with her I'm mashing booty bump so :V

Dave

They did something to Sarah's launch height now. Once in a while I will launch someone too high and I can't connect the rest of the combo.

Scott

I think its annoying they allowed people to put a connection rating on every room. And the default is 5. I have the best internet I can get but never get into ANY rooms because I'm not a 5 star with the host. About to stop trying to get games and play something with a better online system.

Jin Masters

I think its annoying they allowed people to put a connection rating on every room. And the default is 5. I have the best internet I can get but never get into ANY rooms because I'm not a 5 star with the host. About to stop trying to get games and play something with a better online system.
Huh? So you'd rather play a laggy match then. This games online netcode is pretty decent. But by hearing your complaint you obviously don't care about smooth matches as long as you can play. I love the fact that you can filter matches by connection quality. I wish more games would adopt this feature. No one like to play on lag -_-

Scott

Huh? So you'd rather play a laggy match then. This games online netcode is pretty decent. But by hearing your complaint you obviously don't care about smooth matches as long as you can play. I love the fact that you can filter matches by connection quality. I wish more games would adopt this feature. No one like to play on lag -_-

Not everyone has access to T1 internet lol. I have 5 bars with 2 rooms (usually people afk >.>) and a good number of rooms at 4 bars. I have low bars with people in other countries but I have fairly smooth connections with everyone in the USA. My point is instead of having access to lots of players I'm usually confined into one room because I lack the ability by just one bar to play. It's just disappointing to be denied the right to play because you're just shy of the "perfect" connection speed.

Randzz

Not everyone has access to T1 internet lol. I have 5 bars with 2 rooms (usually people afk >.>) and a good number of rooms at 4 bars. I have low bars with people in other countries but I have fairly smooth connections with everyone in the USA. My point is instead of having access to lots of players I'm usually confined into one room because I lack the ability by just one bar to play. It's just disappointing to be denied the right to play because you're just shy of the "perfect" connection speed.

I set my connection to "any", same thing with "region". Even though it's better now after the 1.03 patch, the damage had been done to the online community pre-1.03 patch. Hopefully more people will get on.

And no I ain't saying that the online is "flawless", just "better" then it was.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD