DOA5 ver 1.03a Bugs,Glitches, and Tweaks.

Randzz

I have a question regarding controllers: Most people seem to think that an arcade stick is not good for DOA games and many even say that they use one for some other fighters like SF4 but not for DOA. Why is that? I play with an arcade stick and it's pretty smooth after the initial getting-used-to-period.

My complaint is that doing some inputs is maybe a bit slower than with a controller, like counter holds don't necessarily come out as fast, but then again this could be because of the relatively large throw of the Sanwa JLF... maybe a Seimitsu stick would be faster.

On the other hand a joystick is far more precise and I never miss QCF or 11/33 inputs... any thoughts?

For me it simply came down to what I got use to. For me arcade sticks are really cumbersome, a controller isn't. if you've played with arcade sticks "all your gaming life" I'd say stick with it, if not go with the other thing.

Akumasama

I think both a pad and a stick work fine for Dead or Alive.
As long as they're good from a technical point of view, it all comes down to the habit of the player, which plays the biggest part in the final performance, imho.

Personally I find myself better with a pad, especially for a game like DoA which, aside from a few exceptions, has very simple imput commands. Which is something I like, I always considered hard-to-input moves a very lame way to balance the power of certain moves, from a game design point of view.

I still make a lot of errors though. Some very common that happen on my Helena and that drive me crazy:
1) I input, from Bokuho at the start of a match, 6+P. 4+P- The game gets only 4+P -.-
2) I wanna do PP2+K, game gets PP4+K -.-
3) I wanna do 33P, 4P, game gets 33P,P
4) I wanna do 33P, 4P, game gets 3P, 4P

Number 4 is probably what I hate most. It happens a lot especially when I'm waking up trying to surprise an opponent with a P instead than a wake up kick. It's the same with Hayate, I wanna do 33P,P on wake up but only get 3P+P ><

But it's all because I suck and I have butter fingers I guess, doubt other people have the same issues haha

Akumasama

I got use to the analog, but for a really good 360 Dpad, then you might wanna look into this: Hori Turbo 2. Easly the best Dpad I've ever had the pleasure to use on 360.
I have it! Blue version.
Hardly never use it because of the wire and because the dpad is a bit too loose for my tastes. Maybe I bought a defetive one or something lol.
I originally bought it for 2D games on X360 :D

There is a special fighting games pad for PS3 though. I don't own one because I hate wires etc but I've heard only good things about it.
LINK.

Now that I think about it it's strange... back in the Xbox era (the first one) I found it funny how GameCube users were getting wet about the Wavebird and how about every company started to launch wireless controllers.
I just didn't feel the "need" for it.
Now that I got used to wireless controllers it annoys me to use wired ones.
Hahaha! Irony of life I guess.

Omegan Eckhart

mlg-controller-2.png

Off topic: Best D-Pad for the 360. This is what I use, as long as you are okay with the $100/£90 price tag. Being able to decide to switch between the PS3/Xbox D-Pads/Analogue Sticks is nice.
I have the PS3 D-Pad in the upper left with the 360 analogue sticks down low.

Randzz

I see that there's one for the PS3 & looks comparable to the 360 sized one. Can you tell me the companies name? Would I have to order from the company directly, or could I get it via Amazon?

Koor

Been having some issues with Bass' air chain-throw ( :236::H+P::5::H+P:). I play on 360, and on some stages there are sections where the throw will bug. For example in the Sanctuary stage near the right side corner facing the gate. I did the throw and got no damage off of it. No wall splat when i was practically surrounded by walls, no slam damage from the opponent being thrown. Not a scratch. It wouldve been the killing blow and nothing happened -___-

This also happened on Flow and The Show stage (cant remember which version). Not sure if this has been happening since before the patch or not but thought i would post anyways.

Chaos

Hasn't happened while moving from the lobby to character screen with me on either one... yet. I should probably play more ranked on PS3, but their freakin' controllers are just so small. They're sized for midgits & painful after prolonged play/use.
I have no issue with the PS3 controller except the dpad on my red controller is garbage compared to my other black one which is strange o_O and if you think the controller is small, it's probably because you have gigantic hands? LOL
I love PS3 digital pad, but the shape and size of the pad not so much. It's just too small... Xbox one is more comfortable in that regard. Same for the position of the left thumbstick. Which I don't use for DoA, but it's too close to the digital pad and it's annoying. And let's not talk about L2 and R2, they suck.

Really I love the digital pad but everything else for me X360 >>> PS3.
Dunno why for so many people it's the other way around. Imho it's just a matter of habit, you're so used to a certain thing for so much time that you become unawaringly biased and unable to judge it in a more objective way.
The PS3 dpad and 360 dpad is pathetic compared the original Xbox dpad. Oh, by the way if anybody having trouble with L2/R2 just buy some triggers for your PS3 controller at GameStop, trust me you will lovethe difference ;)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Been having some issues with Bass' air chain-throw ( :236::H+P::5::H+P:). I play on 360, and on some stages there are sections where the throw will bug. For example in the Sanctuary stage near the right side corner facing the gate. I did the throw and got no damage off of it. No wall splat when i was practically surrounded by walls, no slam damage from the opponent being thrown. Not a scratch. It wouldve been the killing blow and nothing happened -___-

This also happened on Flow and The Show stage (cant remember which version). Not sure if this has been happening since before the patch or not but thought i would post anyways.

It's still happening, but that's a problem with the engine itself and how it handle collision detection for this animation in particular.

Randzz

I have no issue with the PS3 controller except the dpad on my red controller is garbage compared to my other black one which is strange :confused: and if you think the controller is small, it's probably because you have gigantic hands?

Yep, "piano players hands", been told that since I was a kid. So far the one Omegan Eckhart recommended is working quite well & is comfortable.

synce

Yesterday I logged into an old account and noticed that even though I'm an S rank my record only showed the 5 matches I played since coming back, which I think is caused by deleting your savedata (not sure how mine got deleted though).

So the game keeps your rank on their servers, but your match record on the savedata... it makes no sense to me. But if you ever see a high rank with just a few matches played, that's why. They're not cheaters (probably lol)

Akumasama

For those who remember my old issue with the X360 version of the game (tl;dr after patch 1.03 the game doesn't recognize my online pass anymore) I decided to send another email to Tecmo, since the last one was on march the 15th (approx) and last I heard from them the japanese Team Ninja team would have been "investigating" the issue.
Today they replied in a very kind way what could read between the lines as a "we have no clue what's going on, patch is working fine on our side", they even asked me if I had already contacted Microsoft, which I did before contacting Tecmo.
It was actually MS who suggested me to contact Tecmo.
So I re-pasted to them the link to my open ticket on the Xbox Live Official Support Forums
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/p/489649/2489528.aspx#2489528

Not that I needed to do that, since I had already sent the link to them but appearently they didn't notice it the first time >.>
This is preposterous.
Isn't some sort of international european law defending customers rights about things like these?

All of this because they decided it would have been smart to put DRM in the game. It's Always the same. The only users getting hurt by these policies are the "legal" ones >____>

Randzz

I'm reluctant to tell you to try the code they gave you, if it don't work then it's 2 that're screwing you over. It doesn't make sense, the "online pass" I guess is their way of still trying to make money should you get the game used, but this is what happens when you got it new. You 360 itself works with no problems right? No other games in your repertoire have the same or similar issue going on?

Akumasama

Nope. As you can see from my gamertag I played just fine until 1.03a shipped for X360.
I found a "glitch" to let it work even now.
If I create a new profile on a new device (internal memory, external memory etc) or decide to load the game without loading any profile the game WILL RECOGNIZE the online pass.
But as soon as that new profile is saved, when you turn on the console again bang! Doesn't recognize it anymore.

Already tried deleting EVERYTHING concerning my DoA5. Game install, profile, data, replays, DLC, update Patches... everything!
No problem on any other game and was working just fine 'til 1.03a :(
Had to buy the game on PS3 but all of my DLCs are on X360, sigh...

Dave

Wow. After all that they couldn't just give you another damn access code. Shaking my head. What a mess. Sorry you had to go through that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD