DOA5LR Prospective Stage Discussion

Argentus

lol they should have a ball pit, like at Mcdonalds, as a playable stage.

Just, a giant version of a Mcdonalds playground, with the stage break being someone sent down the slide into the Ball Pit, then can break out of the Ball Pit into the suspension bridge across to a new "cockpit" at the top of a new slide lol.

Javert

Honestly, I care little about the geographical locations or aesthetics. The geometry of the stage and its zones are what matters to me.

Has there been a stage with a torus / donut shape? I would like a stage like that with wáter on the outer wall and a electrified inner wall so players could pick their poison. It may be assimetric with different qualities on each half.

I would also cut the cliffhanger cinematics to about two seconds and put them in more stages.

Anyone else find it sad that we can only hope for the return of past stages, rather than even bother asking for new ones?
I think new stages should be left for a new game...rather than an update. But I do agree there should be more new stages than old stages.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
There's always some hilarious Snoop Dogg stage.

Sheep ? Tekken already did that.. :(

I completely forgot they had a stage like that. I simply love humor, I'd take it.

Would that be Marie Rose's home stage or...?

I see what you did there.

As long as we have a stage where I am indoors with breakables, It's all gold for me.
latest

@Brute - "Fist like Bacon, up down left right I'll PB you in a second!"

Actually I would like if they made a new stage like the forest. Really love the amount of detail they put into that stage as well as how amazing the trees look. Definitely my favorite...and I would actually like to see another like it but maybe at a creek or in a field with a few interactive trees around and trees for the background.

Argentus

Honestly, I care little about the geographical locations or aesthetics. The geometry of the stage and its zones are what matters to me.

Has there been a stage with a torus / donut shape? I would like a stage like that with wáter on the outer wall and a electrified inner wall so players could pick their poison. It may be assimetric with different qualities on each half.

I would also cut the cliffhanger cinematics to about two seconds and put them in more stages.
I wish the starting point of doatec HK was a torus like that.

Actually I would like if they made a new stage like the forest. Really love the amount of detail they put into that stage as well as how amazing the trees look. Definitely my favorite...and I would actually like to see another like it but maybe at a creek or in a field with a few interactive trees around and trees for the background.
So you want the doa4 forest back then.

I wish the starting point of doatec HK was a torus like that.

So you want the doa4 forest back then.
Um, well...never played DOA4, don't have a 360 and I'm sure the series isn't very popular around my area (people thought I was playing Tekken on my 3DS. It was DOAD) but if it had a forest like that I'd that it maybe but I would rather it be something new that they haven't already done. I just love outside arenas in fighting games though. Makes the game feel a bit more relaxing than intense if you ask me, which I know fighting games are meant to be intense but sometimes you just gotta have that stage that you feel is relaxing to fight on.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'd take another forest If the trees would break.

Also what about this? I was digging into some old ruins and found this ancient map of the modern times. Would I be filthy rich in discovering it? Who knows.

@Forlorn Penguin

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-doa5u-casual-thread-__.3042/page-863#post-174973

Almost a year later, the office stage is still an amazing concept.

A great idea I just had for a stage that would probably suit your tastes, would be the return of Gambler's Paradise, but not in its shitty form from DOA4.

Instead of having moving cars that pass through the stage, launching players who get hit, there could just be tons of stationary, abandoned cars littered throughout the street. Like gridlock, basically. Kinda like this, but within the Gambler's Paradise stage.

gridlock.jpg

All of these cars would explode when a player collides with them, causing the same stun you get from hitting a breakable object, like a table on Home.

Knock someone into a car, BOOM, P+KT, air throw into another car, BOOM!

And the electric signs in the street that functioned as half-walls in DOA4 would now also just explode upon impact, causing the same stun as the cars.

werewolfgold

All of these cars would explode when a player collides with them, causing the same stun you get from hitting a breakable object, like a table on Home.

Knock someone into a car, BOOM, P+KT, air throw into another car, BOOM!

And the electric signs in the street that functioned as half-walls in DOA4 would now also just explode upon impact, causing the same stun as the cars.
Easy there, Michael Bay. lol

But, I do like the layout concept. It'd be doable, not be a box, and still be able to create believable stage boundaries (unlike Gambler's Paradise, for example).

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Easy there, Michael Bay. lol

But, I do like the layout concept. It'd be doable, not be a box, and still be able to create believable stage boundaries (unlike Gambler's Paradise, for example).

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the invisible walls of the original Gamber's Paradise would be replaced with piled up cars or something. Ones that don't explode and instead just act as normal walls.

HHH816

tekken 4 :underground stage

this could be a very prospective stage for DOA6 with better interaction from spectators

Argentus

Not sure if it goes here, But I'd like it if they expanded current stages.

Like in the gym, let us be knocked out of the ring and fight through the equipment, maybe right out the front door onto the street, or back door to the alley stage.

HHH816

Not sure if it goes here, But I'd like it if they expanded current stages.

Like in the gym, let us be knocked out of the ring and fight through the equipment, maybe right out the front door onto the street, or back door to the alley stage.

seems like many DO5 stages forgotten that, i miss the temple stages with monkeys (doa4)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD