DOA5LR: Tweets, Speculations, Rumors, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baal bal

DOA5LR on the PC would be splendid with all things considered. Players who intend on getting a hold of the game may have a better time with match making and learning character match ups via online outlet in case they can not access any offline events on a constant basis.
Another thing is the possible new features or menu options that may become accessible upon release console/PC release...
I do agree, a PC portage would be very nice for our community and a must buy for me. I'm so done with laggy online...
Even the modding argument could benefit us. Ofc it's not so cool for DOA's image, but it's also a huge publicity ( sex spread like a virus...). I can see your classical teenager looking into a nude mod, then give a try to the gameplay on a cracked version and realize how good this fighting game is. Unlike other games, you've got some advantages in buying a fighter, notably because of the online.

So well, this might be a dick move from TN toward pre-ordered consol versions, but it would be a "Golden dick move" ;p

RoboJoe

Koei has a track record of offering their titles on PC and IIRC they were pleased with sales of either DW7 or 8 on PC, so even if TN doesn't want to go PC, it isn't unlikely for Koei to force them to do so since they see PC as a viable platform.

Argentus

Why do people act like everyone can afford a thousand plus gaming rig, and/or everyone knows enough about computers to make one for a couple hundred less?

I know software, not hardware, so I don't know shit about building computers, and I can't afford a new one, and there's no way my 2008 comp can run this. And I'm willing to bet a lot of other people are in similar boats.

Point being, i can't see them making much, if any money off a PC version. Between people pirating the game or just getting core fighters, modding instead of buying dlc, people unable to run it to begin with, dividing yhe community even FURTHER, etc....

Sure great for tourneys, but other than that?

DontForkWitMe

expanding the audience to pc brings them more exposure and revenue no matter how you try to deny it, This ain't the early 2000's anymore PC is an extremely viable platform and its popularity continues to rise especially with Steam gaining millions of users every month. a 250 dollar GPU can run games far better than PS4 so claiming you need a 1000 dollar pc to run a game that runs on 10 year old last gen consoles is just ignorant.

the pirating argument is also idiotic seeing how consoles are also easy to pirate on and companies also lose out on sales on them just as much with trade ins and used games sales which aren't possible on PC. The fact of the matter is LR coming to PC is a completely smart business move no matter what anyone thinks

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
At the end of the day, true or not, at least Team Ninja is giving us preferences on how to purchase Last Round. So far, the game is going to be available on PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and Xbox One. If it comes to PC, then that's just one more option for people who want to play the game. Choice is good.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Why do people act like everyone can afford a thousand plus gaming rig, and/or everyone knows enough about computers to make one for a couple hundred less?

I know software, not hardware, so I don't know shit about building computers, and I can't afford a new one, and there's no way my 2008 comp can run this. And I'm willing to bet a lot of other people are in similar boats.

Point being, i can't see them making much, if any money off a PC version. Between people pirating the game or just getting core fighters, modding instead of buying dlc, people unable to run it to begin with, dividing yhe community even FURTHER, etc....

expanding the audience to pc brings them more exposure and revenue no matter how you try to deny it, This ain't the early 2000's anymore PC is an extremely viable platform and its popularity continues to rise especially with Steam gaining millions of users every month. a 250 dollar GPU can run games just as good if not better than PS4 so claiming you need a 1000 dollar pc to run a game that runs on 10 year old last gen consoles is just ignorant.

the pirating argument is also idiotic seeing how consoles are also easy to pirate and companies lose out on sales on them just as much with trade ins and used games sales which aren't possible on PC. The fact of the matter is LR coming to PC is a completely smart business move no matter what anyone thinks
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ReviewTechUSAPC/saved/hNsv6h

There.

chocogerman777

Nowadays you can buy a $600 PC that will easily run last-gen games on max settings and still be decent at running next-gen games on medium-high.
A lot of console-only companies have started releasing games on PC these past few years. Even with the piracy issue,the PC has been proven to be a profitable platform and more companies are taking notice.

So far..Tecmo/Team Ninja have shown that they are content with milking the people who spend hundreds of dollars on costumes rather than expanding their audience.
If they really are planning to release a PC version then maybe they've finally decided to grow some balls and step out of their comfort zone.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

Piracy is on consoles as well last time I checked... it's about overcoming piracy and exposing your brand to an audience beyond consoles even. The PC version of Last Round will look better than the console version, will have more controller options and will be great to expanding their portfolio of games to a market that is growing after people thought it was going to rot and die.

Piracy is a problem, but in the end there are definitely sales, and if piracy is all you think about; you'll never make money as a brand that needs to expand its audience drastically. You will just pitch yourself to a market that doesn't want you if you disband a product for a reason like that.

Last Round being on PC is something that wasn't just thought of over night... if it is happening you really think they never thought about how it could benefit or not benefit the company itself?

And the best part? You don't have to play it on PC. You can also choose to purchase it on XBOX ONE and PS4. At this point in time you would be better off buying a PC. Unless you like subscription fees, Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, I finally decided, to upgrade to the current generation consoles with Last Round in spring. Unfortunately, I'll buy a PS4 instead of a Xbone though... That means, I won't be able to transfer any of my purchased DLC over, as I owned a Xbox360 before. Hundreds of costumes worth hundreds of € gone...

3opeqp.jpg

Oh, well...the PS4 is the better console after all. That's coming from a Xbox and Xbox360 owner. ;)

mizking

So, I finally decided, to upgrade to the current generation consoles with Last Round in spring. Unfortunately, I'll buy a PS4 instead of a Xbone though... That means, I won't be able to transfer any of my purchased DLC over, as I owned a Xbox360 before. Hundreds of costumes worth hundreds of € gone...

3opeqp.jpg

Oh, well...the PS4 is the better console after all. That's coming from a Xbox and Xbox360 owner. ;)

yeah i'm scared i might have to buy the same outfits again since i'm considering a move from 360 to the PS4. Why do you do this to us TN. Why.

lotr9690

Don't worry too much lol. I think that PC owners will still get on their PS3/PS4/XONE etc. accounts. I know that I will. It really depends on the mood I'm in and which friends I want to spend time with. Here's the plus side of your situation: by the time you get a compatible PC they will have worked out all the kinks that may arise. You will also get the game DOA5LR waaaaaaay discounted. You'll probably find it on sale on Steam. There are plenty of other DOA players who can't afford a gaming PC, so like in five years or less, when the batch of current compatible PC computers are a zillion bucks off, you'll end up paying like 200 dollars, be able to play DOA5LR and people like me will still be on it. IT WILL BE SO MUCH FUN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW, DUDE! LOL. I'm really excited. Again, don't worry. You're not missing out on ANYTHING.

Now you can have Mila in blue hair. Look out for that mod. Save it to your hard drive for when you get DOA5LR for PC ;)

Baal bal

Also, now that i think of it, we'll be able to correct those FUGLY TEXTURES OF DOOM that hurt our eyes whenever we look at them ! (with PC mods)

Oh Yeah ! Now i'm hyped ! I'm going to mod this shit and get very-high-rez textures on every fucking damn stages!
If the PC dream come true, it the end of lost-world's ugliness !!

Chapstick

Oh my god... A possible mod where Kasumi's loose hair gets lengthened and thickened.. *salivates*

Helena players could mod out that "yellow sausage," Argentus could have his blue-haired Mila, Leifang could get her DOA1 ponytail, Ryu could get loose hair, Ryu could go maskless in all outfits, his face could get fixed

actual bulges on the guys could be added...

Shiranui

Please TN, announce PC release already in order to FSD opens a "My perfect doll mod" thread instead of using this one.

Chapstick

I'm gonna cry, Chapstick's dream will finally come true! ;o;

15704167369_a1e962f36d_o.jpg

Hair extensions for everyone!!!
Lol she could be like the girl in that movie Brave.
Please TN, announce PC release already in order to FSD opens a "My perfect doll mod" thread instead of using this one.
speaking of dolls I imagine people that miss the old look could actually port in DOA4 "anime-style" character models and replace new models with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD