DOA5LR: Tweets, Speculations, Rumors, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

I think he's just getting two more recolors of that outfit tbh

Sadly at least with his C2 is absolutely likely, but considering how TN maybe could give more focus on Alpha-152 in LR, it's not so impossible to think Raidou could get proper different outfits, if not now at least in future.

Said so, I think that would be enough a proper recolour for giving a different feeling to his appearence.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
yall think he gettin' a santa outfit?
Yes, this one:
15209030574_15a0285097_o.jpg

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i think the grey goes well with the affect they chose for him, by itself it seems underwhelming but combine that with his aura and the red lines on his cybernetics and it gives him a cool affect.

by the way anyone notice how all the guys are getting loose clothes?

Brad got the coat
Eliot has the kilt
Raidou's C1
Ryu now has a coat

Leon will probably get that marauder outfit since their is no other compatition and Bayman stands a good chance of getting the one i made for him

Last edited:

David Gregg

It's great we finally get some pictures! However this is the wrong thread for it. Hoping that a mod (like @CyberEvil or @Rikuto ) can unlock the "List of New Content" thread or maybe this convo should continue on the front page article about Raidou.

As for my thoughts...he looks odd... Maybe it's b/c he's bald now but there's something about his new design that doesn't sit well with me (like many of you guys are saying). I will wait for the trailer though.

And @Russian-chiropractic19 thanks for pointing that out it almost does look like Raidou has Genra's tyrant stance in that one pic where's he holding that lightning. Hope that they gave it to him as it would give me some hope for the character. XD

deiteu

Could do with a wee bit of colour imo but yay he's in. I didn't play him much in DOA1U and I don't have DOAD.

David Gregg

Patiently awaits David Gregg to add Raidou's head into something unique and unorthodox.

As much as I would like to this is Gen Fu's week. He's my one and only. XP

For Marie Rose, I made this outfit prediction months ago since it was obvious she would be getting it.
katerina.png

Wish they'd give her a new hairstyle though.

Last edited:

Darkton93

I'm loving the news of Raidou. A change to a cyborg is much better, and kinda in line with canon than just giving him a sex change and plastic surgery. At least we get one guy back. Costumes are cool, too. Loving Hayabusa's, and looking at it in-game, Kasumi's looks good, too.

I'm 50-50 about Marie Rose news. For one, I firmly believe she shouldn't be subject to sexualization. On the other hand, I like Japanese school swimsuits. It's complex.

So overall, I consider this a solid Phase Alpha on the DLC Cycle. I think I need to revive it, given the pattern of "Good news in October-December, bad every other time."

DLC characters after the game's been out for a while? Here's hoping Bankotsubo gets a differentiated moveset from Nyo should he come, and Genra shows up. It's unlikely (like a 94073293207 to 1 chance), but I can at least dream.

David Gregg

I'm 50-50 about Marie Rose news. For one, I firmly believe she shouldn't be subject to sexualization. On the other hand, I like Japanese school swimsuits. It's complex.

See I don't find Japanese school uniforms, swimsuits, and PE uniforms sexual at all but I acknowledge that the Japanese (and hence TN) sees them as fetish outfits and that it was the whole purpose of giving this outfit to her. It could have definitely been worse though so I'm glad TN is being careful as they're already walking a fine line with the character.

I do like how they put a rose on her nametag:
swims.png

RoboJoe

Too much Raidou, not enough robot. You had one job TN. Interest dissipated.

Also, he's really fucking grey. Like damn.

Adamleelight

Lol this mother fucker looks like he hopped his ass right out of Jeepers Creepers
jeepers-creepers-2001-7-400x246.jpg

Not exatcly excited for this annoucment though cuz I never cared for raidou to begin with.
Seriously wish this male character was a fresh brand new one, or at least do a nyotengu and completely overhaul the design.

Maybe its a petpeeve of mine but I cant stand ugly, uncool, stupid ass looking characters.

Guess I feel I can't feel a connection to said character lol

Even gen fu looks cool and that dude is old, The only designs I cannot stand in DOA are for some reason all boss characters

Tengu never really liked his ugly ass, but still kinda cool character
Raidou. I hate his design
Alpha lame as hell
Genra looked boring as crap too.

werewolfgold

I knew he was gonna look dumb. lol

But, I think they'll have classic as an outfit. Well, if they don't, I'mma smack somebody.

Also, did anyone notice how Hayate is the only one of the four ninja heroes to be getting the smackdown in the photos? Even TN ain't showing him no love. lol

But, I guess it's supposed to represent what happened in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD