DOA5U DOA5LR v.1.08 Complete Translation

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
That's actually a lot of bug fixes.

Let's hope they manage to fix the universal hit detection and zero damage air throw bugs in future patches.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I'm open for better wall detection in general. Still come across too many situations where you are off axis by one degree and can't get a wall throw despite the game showing it is physically possible.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm open for better wall detection in general. Still come across too many situations where you are off axis by one degree and can't get a wall throw despite the game showing it is physically possible.

I still don't understand why they changed that in 5U. It would be great if they reverted wall throw detection back to how it was in vanilla.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Wall detection in Vanilla kinda sucks. You can't do walled throws on round walls like in Lab and you got more wall holds that wall throws.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If you were to do a TFBB at an angle in that game, Bass would just turn in place at 60 degrees to the wall so he's at a right angle and then finish doing the throw. It was pretty silly.

And if you were anything but 180 degrees away from the wall with Leon he'd turn you around to face it... face first.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

Vanilla didn't have this problem. It wasn't perfect but it was better than this. Bayman had wicked wall pressure that he doesn't have on a lot of surfaces anymore. It was a design choice to change it and I don't really understand why.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Vanilla didn't have this problem. It wasn't perfect but it was better than this. Bayman had wicked wall pressure that he doesn't have on a lot of surfaces anymore. It was a design choice to change it and I don't really understand why.
The only thing that wasn't good in Vanilla was rounded walls. Those were damn near impossible (I like to think actually impossible) to get wall throws off of. You could get wall holds pretty easily but the throws were another monster.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'd be all for it. Boost my wall reset damage while we're at it. Definitely ain't the threat it was back during vanilla.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
You make it sound like we're in control of that, when people have been mentioning it since Ultimate's release.
I'm no stranger to how things work in the world and I'm not sure TN don't really read any forums any more, but it's good that we all keep these issues fresh and in the back of our minds to just pass the comment when the opportunity arises (to the relevant parties, of course).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD