Community DoA5LR Will be at EVO

We might not be on the main stage, but we will be at EVO. Big E, one of our biggest supporters outside of Team NINJA and one of the most prolific Tournament Organizers in the country, is working to put on a "side tournament" at EVO. I use quotes because this man isn't a side tournament kind of guy. This is all extremely early but there is already aggressive movement to make this an impactful event at EVO. Lines are open and parts are moving to make this successful. From Big E himself on one of the Facebook groups:
Ok we didn't make it this year :( but I want to have a side tournament at EVO. We have to show them we belong at Evo 2016. They watch every major that Doa is at so we have to step up big time this year. It starts at Winter Brawl 9. I need everyone's help. Who's behind me? I WANT TO GET GREAT NUMBERS AT EVO. Let's show the POWER OF DOA FGC.

The conversation has already brought up possibly working with MarkMan of MadCatz and other options will, of course, be explored if necessary. Regardless of what has come before, we have the opportunity to force our community into the spotlight through sheer strength of numbers and action similar to what the Smash community has done.

Let's throw our support behind Big E and overshadow even some of the main stage games!

Source: Facebook

Last edited:
This is very good news because unlike last year where I think it kinda sprung up like less than a week before, everyone has time to put away $$ and prepare. This'll be a good year for you guys.

Since Big E has shown his support, it's time for folks to start doing the same. If y'all really want to show that DOA deserves to be on the main stage, then we're going to need numbers, big numbers, numbers comparable to stuff on the main stage. At the very least, DOA should get triple-digits.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD