Community DoA5LR Will be at EVO

We might not be on the main stage, but we will be at EVO. Big E, one of our biggest supporters outside of Team NINJA and one of the most prolific Tournament Organizers in the country, is working to put on a "side tournament" at EVO. I use quotes because this man isn't a side tournament kind of guy. This is all extremely early but there is already aggressive movement to make this an impactful event at EVO. Lines are open and parts are moving to make this successful. From Big E himself on one of the Facebook groups:
Ok we didn't make it this year :( but I want to have a side tournament at EVO. We have to show them we belong at Evo 2016. They watch every major that Doa is at so we have to step up big time this year. It starts at Winter Brawl 9. I need everyone's help. Who's behind me? I WANT TO GET GREAT NUMBERS AT EVO. Let's show the POWER OF DOA FGC.

The conversation has already brought up possibly working with MarkMan of MadCatz and other options will, of course, be explored if necessary. Regardless of what has come before, we have the opportunity to force our community into the spotlight through sheer strength of numbers and action similar to what the Smash community has done.

Let's throw our support behind Big E and overshadow even some of the main stage games!

Source: Facebook

Last edited:
@CyberEvil This is great news!!!! I may be in the country and able to meet you all this July! :)
@Mr. Wah Will you be there? I think it would be cool to meet the Wah.

I don't know if anyone has said this but we need to make sure that we have a rule like only use the default costumes so the opponents of this game can't rag on us for the sexualization. I feel we should put our best presentation forward and if we have players using the DLC I feel it will just add fuel to the fire. Not that it's my place to make this suggestion but I think it may be worthwhile to consider.

I'm not trying to be controversial here I just don't want EVO's excuse next year to be like "You guys are too dubious."

This will be so exciting. I hope I will be in the states. I'm looking into airline bookings right now and I want to register for this tournament ASAP.

IT'LL BE MY FIRST TOURNAMENT!!! OMG!!! I'm doing this.

The costume thing has never really been an issue at majors so we won't bother with it.

As for the rest, hope to see you there.

Reactions: d3v
@CyberEvil This is great news!!!! I may be in the country and able to meet you all this July! :)
@Mr. Wah Will you be there? I think it would be cool to meet the Wah.

I don't know if anyone has said this but we need to make sure that we have a rule like only use the default costumes so the opponents of this game can't rag on us for the sexualization. I feel we should put our best presentation forward and if we have players using the DLC I feel it will just add fuel to the fire. Not that it's my place to make this suggestion but I think it may be worthwhile to consider.

I'm not trying to be controversial here I just don't want EVO's excuse next year to be like "You guys are too dubious."

This will be so exciting. I hope I will be in the states. I'm looking into airline bookings right now and I want to register for this tournament ASAP.

IT'LL BE MY FIRST TOURNAMENT!!! OMG!!! I'm doing this.

I know what you're getting at with the sexualisation thing, but it's actually not nearly as bad offline as you may think. In other words, as soon as you see DOA being played properly, people quickly forget the "over-sexualisation" of the game series and take notice. On the otherhand, not saying that people should be using shit like the bikinis or bunny outfits either. I find that other people from the FGC can get intimidated by DOA5U's high learning curve and unorthodox approach as a FG. The game is not easy to play properly at all.

As long as my life situation remains agreeable throughout the year, I'll see if I can attend EVO this year despite not living in the US.

I know what you're getting at with the sexualisation thing, but it's actually not nearly as bad offline as you may think. In other words, as soon as you see DOA being played properly, people quickly forget the "over-sexualisation" of the game series and take notice. On the otherhand, not saying that people should be using shit like the bikinis or bunny outfits either. I find that other people from the FGC can get intimidated by DOA5U's high learning curve and unorthodox approach as a FG. The game is not easy to play properly at all.

As long as my life situation remains agreeable throughout the year, I'll see if I can attend EVO this year despite not living in the US.
Now I'm super excited! SO MUCH HYPE! :)

I'm going to make it My goal to come to Las Vegas, visit EVO, & join the DOA side tournaments. Its been awhile since I've ever did a fighting game tournament the last time I've went was 2 SSB tournaments from 2 different anime conventions from 2008 & 2010, this year is pretty much the prefect time since I do enjoy Dead or Alive since I rented DOA2 Hardcore.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD