DOA5U: Arcade discussion thread

David Gregg

It might be people are getting sick of 3D fighters as a genre, but I wouldn't make it sound like that just yet.

That's an interesting point and maybe 3D fighters are struggling in the arcades, but there's definitely still a market for them. Tekken Revolution hit 2 million downloads back in September and as of November, core fighters hit 500K downloads so it's still appealing to players (even if it is F2P).

But all I know is, the PS4/Xbone game selection is scarce right now and a next-gen fighter port with updated graphics (to an already visually appealing game) would most likely do very well. Maybe that's the direction TN needs to go in?

Last edited:
That's an interesting point and maybe 3D fighters are struggling in the arcades, but there's definitely still a market for them. Tekken Revolution hit 2 million downloads back in September and as of November, core fighters hit 500K downloads so it's still appealing to players (even if it is F2P).

But all I know is, the PS4/Xbone game selection is scarce right now and a next-gen fighter port with updated graphics (to an already visually appealing game) would most likely do very well. Maybe that's the direction TN needs to go in?

Next gen bewbs? Sign me up!

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Zack should get a win pose where he goes..... Oh yeaa *shine glimmers over glasses*
Where he does the roundhouse kick and looks to the sky like a boss, and then shine glimmers over his glasses for extra effect. And says either "Sekkoutsu!" or "Ai! Yattouzei!"

xFatalDMG

Looking to arrive in Japan the evening of Jan 9th. Once I get settled in my room it'll be a small trip to Akihabara, then stepping in Hey! to check out possible competition. @xFatalDMG if you want to meet up, let me know. I'd prefer Shinjuku but been hearing Akiba is the primary spot. I'll be staying near Ichigaya.

Hey Mr. Wah, if work permits me to finish early then sure lets meet up. I haven't touched the game since the last post lol. Spending too much time on Gundam right now, its taking over my life.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
xFatalDMG said:
Hey Mr. Wah, if work permits me to finish early then sure lets meet up. I haven't touched the game since the last post lol. Spending too much time on Gundam right now, its taking over my life.

I reach narita same day at 20:20.. if all goes well i might reach the hotel by 10pm..which is literally across the street from HEY center. Giving me 2 hrs of arcade time before it closes at midnight. :)

xFatalDMG

How long are you guys staying here for? work is going to be busy until maybe sunday. Sunday and Monday are my days off :(

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
xFatalDMG said:
How long are you guys staying here for? work is going to be busy until maybe sunday. Sunday and Monday are my days off :(

I'm there till the 20th .. hope to see u there :)

KwonJigglypuff

Her fighting style looks superhuman, all these fast circular kicks. I'm not trying to create a debate, DOA isn't realistic and I like it, she looks interesting. I wonder what her "individuality" is.. (apart from being feither weight)

If Alpha were to disappear, I hope she'll get that 9K (ballet kick).

Brute

Standard Donor
Could someone by any chance give me time stamps in that video of Marie Rose? Crunched on time but I wanna see what I can.

KwonJigglypuff

What do you think of the roll? (8P+K)
Rachel already has it and it's pretty boring and unoriginal.
I think it works better on MR. Rachel should be reworked in DOA6.

It was nice to see so many La Mariposas in that video.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD