DOA5U: Arcade discussion thread

Rawbietussin

I had actually made this a while back predicting what her uniform would look like if she got one (around the time her christmas outfit was revealed) so I was also surprised by the edgy look of her uniform (but I like her real uniform a lot more).

View attachment 3925

I can imagine a classroom stage as cluttered as Home for 5UA (if they'll give a schoolboy DLC the guys along with it). Leon would be such a school bully lol in it.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Don't forget that her :P::K: is a High, Mid (Tracking?) which is interesting to say the least.

And her :K::K: causes sit-down stun on any hit type, so two good options off her two fastest pokes.

The fuuuu? I guess to compensate, they made her a feather-weight character, but that's still unusual for a light character.

Also, she's is very safe either.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No, I believe both instances are at least 7 frame throw punishable. I think she's -8 or -9.

and I don't believe she is featherweight.

xFatalDMG

Hey everyone,

Mr. Wah sorry for not being consistently up to date.. Busy with work, stream, etc. I seldom come on FSD now.

I do play offline though, but recently not as much since gundam has consumed my life.

how do I delete my events ?

Argentus

So...i don't really wanna read through this entire thread at the moment, can someone gimme the skinny?

I don't care about frame data, I can just adapt to changes like that, but i'm interested in any new stages/music/moves/costumes/winposes, etc, in general, new actual content. Can someone tell me what, if any, there are with arcade?

Xernuht

So...i don't really wanna read through this entire thread at the moment, can someone gimme the skinny?

I don't care about frame data, I can just adapt to changes like that, but i'm interested in any new stages/music/moves/costumes/winposes, etc, in general, new actual content. Can someone tell me what, if any, there are with arcade?

No new stages yet, unless normal Lorelei is available.
One new song for the new-ish stage (Blood Ties remix)
Moves... I don't think so. Some Power Launchers got new inputs.
Costumes: see DLC.
Winposes: Kasumi got 2. Same animation, but one plays exclusively for Kasumi vs Ayane.

Argentus

No new stages yet, unless normal Lorelei is available.
One new song for the new-ish stage (Blood Ties remix)
Moves... I don't think so. Some Power Launchers got new inputs.
Costumes: see DLC.
Winposes: Kasumi got 2. Same animation, but one plays exclusively for Kasumi vs Ayane.

ah. so nothin really in this except marie rose herself. thanks.

David Gregg

Hopefully, that all comes with Marie Rose. The current HUD for DOA5 is kind of plain and I would love to choose the customization options on the screen instead of having to hold down buttons.

Yes definitely. I'm pretty sure TN can do it and I hate having to remember which buttons to press at the character select screen. XD

Akumasama

So I heard the new second character that we'll be getting in a few weeks, in addition to Marie Rose is... anther female.
Kasumi Alpha.

I mean, wtf Team Ninja, wtf?

Akumasama

They said sometimes in March earlier, the new trailer released yesterday says "Marie Rose coming very soon on DoA5U". That too sounds like sometimes in march and totally not june.

Altough, of course, can't say for sure.

David Gregg

So I heard the new second character that we'll be getting in a few weeks, in addition to Marie Rose is... anther female.
Kasumi Alpha.

I mean, wtf Team Ninja, wtf?

If I remember correctly, they said the new character will be released only to arcades around the same time Marie Rose is released to consoles. This makes sense as it gives players an incentive to still play at the arcades for the exclusive character (otherwise no one would go and just play MR on their consoles). If they follow the same pattern as Marie Rose with the 3 month delay between arcade and console, then Phase 4 (new character) will theoretically come to consoles in June. That's what @Kronin meant.

Kronin

@Akumasama

If I remember correctly, they said the new character will be released only to arcades around the same time Marie Rose is released to consoles. This makes sense as it gives players an incentive to still play at the arcades for the exclusive character (otherwise no one would go and just play MR on their consoles). If they follow the same pattern as Marie Rose with the 3 month delay between arcade and console, then Phase 4 (new character) will theoretically come to consoles in June. That's what @Kronin meant.

Exactly, I was talking about Phase-4: every temporary exclusive DLC remain indeed an "exclusive" content for 3 months (Orochi outfits, Ultimate Swimsuits on marketplace for the Japan people, ecc..) and Marie Rose wasn't the exception (24 December released in the Jap Arcade - 25 March released on console).

So I think that Team Ninja could follow a similar pattern with Phase4 (released in the Arcade in March and in console in June) and very likely with eventual additional characters (the next released in June in the arcade while Phase 4 comes to console, and so on...)

Xernuht

It's actually a solid release strategy. 3 months gives players in all regions time to learn the new characters and allows for an easy way to add balance adjustments. Perhaps with DLC3's release, we'll see a legit balance patch full of lovely buffs.

Man, I am so full of shit some days.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD