DOA5U Bugs

Leifang2000

First bug found?

When I unlocked system voice to "own character" voice and "Opponent" voice
Either choice, when the voice should be Kasumi (either when "own character" is Kasumi or when "Opponent" is Kasumi), the system voice will be silent, no system voice. No "Get Ready Fighter", No "winner" or "You loose".

Better fix this Team Ninja! PS3 version.

Update: Above bug is fixed in version 1.01 update
===============================================
Sept 5, 2013 New bug:

During an online lobby match,
when non-host player set to own character system voice,
while the host is Akira/ virtua fighter character
All other players (even set to own character system voice) will be ignored and just play the default DOA5 system voice.
I found this out while watching a replay record today. Forgot if it was like that during gameplay.
But I have set to own character system voice several days already.

Sept 9, System voice and match opening voice disappear
The system voice and match opening voice of both characters disappeared after several online matches. Voice can only reappear after resetting the system voice to some definite characters 2 or 3 times. I am already playing the patched 1.01 of the game.

Last edited:

synce

Wasn't aware of any infinites, or is 3PK loop infinite now? Anyway I'm referring to the glitch where she knocks opponent halfway underground, it got patched out in vanilla but I saw it in 5U demo

David Gregg

Wasn't aware of any infinites, or is 3PK loop infinite now? Anyway I'm referring to the glitch where she knocks opponent halfway underground, it got patched out in vanilla but I saw it in 5U demo

Ah ok got it. No sorry I was referring specifically to this tag match:
tyKmEJH.gif

Didn't know for sure if it was an infinite.

Chapstick

It might reach 30 with Alpha 152 but you can see Kasumi starts to fall down too far in that video around the 24~ hit mark. You can probably get about 15-20 hits in on Bass. Maybe less.

Brute

Standard Donor
Yeah it's not an infinite, it's just dumb.

Interesting feature though, Leifang. Shame it's bugged.

Rawbietussin

I do hope the Vanilla 5 glitches didn't got carried over on 5U.

I had encountered the weirdest glitch back then at the edge of the waterfalls in the Flow Stage where I did a wall throw on Christie using Sarah's 64T. It had KO'ed her before falling but there were no birds hitting her as she falls and then Sarah jumped down and went back to where we started at the same raft platform inside the cave.

Apart from that, I also encountered invisible Sarah win pose at the Home stage (inside) and back-facing Helena win pose at the Street Stage (upper floor).

Leifang2000

Day zero update is released, game is version 1.01.
The Kasumi voice bug in own character system voice option is fixed.

synce

Game froze when I tried resetting Momiji's stage combo challenge (select+R2)... No updates available yet, maybe tomorrow

Leifang2000

My game freeze after viewing a picture in gallery.
Also, the game freeze after several gaming sessions online some times.

synce

Not sure if it's a glitch or just terrible game design but when you set training music to something like "dimensions training" it's only reflected in command/combo training, not free training.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Not sure if it's a glitch or just terrible game design but when you set training music to something like "dimensions training" it's only reflected in command/combo training, not free training.

That's only if you have it set to characters instead of stage.

I too would prefer free training to take the stage music regardless.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD