DOA5U Bugs

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Not so much a bug but more how the system works. If you finish a match and execute an extended throw of some kind and said throw can interact with a stage element the stage element will play out as though the opponent had been thrown into it while characters are being viewed in their victory quotes.

The case I had found was I used Bass' Air 41236TT in Sanctuary after a match had finished and the opponent was to be thrown into a stage pillar. Screen faded to black to go to the victory quote while the animation of the second T in the throw was being executed and a stage pillar crumbled in the background as Bass proclaimed himself a champion (was actually pretty cool to watch). Shame I didn't save that replay. Said pillar was the one to the left of the gate on a wall corner while facing the gate from the playable portion of the stage, not the one to the right that is surrounded by water.
Characters are not visible during the quote but act as though they are still in combat (kinda like how Lei Fang could have two "victory quotes" in 5 vanilla).

Think I've seen this happen with the generators in Scramble before, I know I have seen elevator controls exploding in Depths.

Chapstick

I was watching my friend fight in a lobby and he used Kasumi's free Ragnarok outfit with the yellow ribbon and I bitched at him for not using the blue one since it actually matches because... idk. but he said he did use it and the ribbon was blue for him. The next fight he picked the same outfit, said he definitely picked the blue ribbon, but it still showed up yellow for me. I've seen other Kasumi outfits that don't normally have the blue ribbon selected with it used by other people, so I'm assuming it's a weird small glitch tied to that outfit alone.

Kronin

I was watching my friend fight in a lobby and he used Kasumi's free Ragnarok outfit with the yellow ribbon and I bitched at him for not using the blue one since it actually matches because... idk. but he said he did use it and the ribbon was blue for him. The next fight he picked the same outfit, said he definitely picked the blue ribbon, but it still showed up yellow for me. I've seen other Kasumi outfits that don't normally have the blue ribbon selected with it used by other people, so I'm assuming it's a weird small glitch tied to that outfit alone.

Nice find, it's pretty possible (who the hell test DoA5 and DoA5U? XD)

Chapstick

I was watching two people play online in the scramble stage with a small bit of lag. Once they got to the bottom part of the stage, one of the walls of debris was missing like it never loaded.

Kronin

People I just found the ULTIMATE bug thanks to a twitter user: try to play a tag match choosing Momiji and Rachel against Jacky and Sarah and... the match will not start because unable to load it (the loading will continue without ending).

I tested it on my Xbox in the versus mode against the I.A, not sure if this happen also in the PS3 and online (someone could test it?)

Please tweet this to TN (or retweet my post https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/406469516109963264) for asking to Team Ninja to fix it.

EDIT: e.b (the same twitter user that I mentioned in the beginning of the post) confirmed me that this bug act online, offline and on any console https://twitter.com/DPPCB/status/406476727267762176

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
This morning I disconnected from a match that was 5 bars and very low lag. Problem here is that I didn't disconnect from PSN even though I was given that in game message. DC happened immediately after character select and the match started.

Chapstick

I never had the writing not showing up in the chatbox issue before but tonight nothing I write comes up. :/ Stuff other people stay still shows up.

RoboJoe

The wall system is screwed up. Even a slight angle causes a move that normally wall splats to instead cause an angled wall hit. Even worse is that it causes wall throws to not work. I lost a match today, because Gen Fu's 4T did not change to the wall version when it absolutely should have.

PuertoRicanStyL

I guess this would be the best place to put this.

When Jacky does his 4P to 2K, you can't block the low kick unless you let go of the guard button and block low or crouch into the 2 position with the stick. If you try to duck while holding guard to block the second hit/low kick, you'll get hit every time. You HAVE to let go of the block button to block that kick. I'm only guessing that there's some other high to low attacks that do the same thing.

indieanimator

No posts here in a while, but I was doing a ranked tag throwdown in the wrestling ring stage yesterday where I KOed an opponent, the partner came in , but the fighters couldn't move. Timer kept going down to 0. I had more health & won, but I didn't want the win in that way. :confused:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Don't know if it's a glitch, but I did find something weird in Tag. Whenever I'm near a wall in the Sakura stage and I do the Tag in where the character lands on top of the opponent, the character kind gets stuck in the air for a few seconds.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD