DOA5U Helena Combo Thread

Omegan Eckhart

Correct. Only P and 6P connect. Although, when comboing against light weights 4P connects for more damage. I.e. the Helena combo in the trailer.
We are talking about when 66F+K is used against a grounded opponent and not when it's used to juggle an airborne opponent right?

XV MR ARMANI

can someone test out whats guaranteed from her new SDS?
Im kind of wishing that they just added PP2KP back in, I'm still fairly new player but looking at past DOA's that move was just perfect for everything lol

HaJiN

Power launchers are actually pretty useful, and they can do quite a bit more damage than power blows, which i like. The standard one they teach you in training is:

44p+k (charged), 66h+k, 66p, 44p+k (uncharged), 8pp2p or 33p4p. I have found that it's easier to get the timing right of the 66h+k by making sure you are close as possible to the opponent before doing the power launcher, and then after the launch, try dashing back a little and then doing 66h+k. It should land on point every time. Variations of this combo exist, where instead of doing 66p, BKO p+k will work just as nicely, and so will BKO f+k.

Too bad the combo isn't wall friendly :( Another combo you can do near a wall for her power launcher is:
44p+k (Charged), p (whiffs), 66h+k, 4pk, 33p4p. The combo requires no timing, and does a little less damage than her power blow. I am trying to find others that require no timing, but it's a bit difficult.

One that i found that works on a ceiling is -

44p+k (charged), 214p+k, 4pk, 44p+k (uncharged), 33p4p. 44p+k uncharged oddly does more damage than doing BKO 4pk a second time, which upset me a little.

For Helena's new 6p+kp, 66h+k, 4pkp combo, does anyone else notice that either the second part of the combo or the third part randomly whiffs? Instead of doing 4pkp, 6ppp will work just as fine. Or if you want to go a different route, a combo for heavy weights is 6p+kp, 66kpp.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

no. it only gets that launch height when her health bar is flashing. Same should probably go for everybody else.

Ah well, it's a general rule for Power Launchers I guess. Thought she would finally have an attack similar to Ayane's rolling 66H+K with it since it hits on ceilings.

ninjaguy446

Just found a pretty good damaging ender for the new 'slowly falling over you head' animation. Might be the best.

236P+K 66H+K BKO 4PK 33P4P (101 damage)

Works on all weight classes except heavy, so it's not universal. For Heavies, this combo will work:

236P+K 66H+K BKO 4PK 2K (85 damage)

You lose a lot of point though. :/

On Alpha you can end it with 236PKP for 2 more points (103). Might work on lightweights. Haven't tested that yet.

BoNuS* Do a Power Launcher and then connect H+K. It looks funny/nice. lol

Rawbietussin

Officially got the game yesterday and found some more combos with BKO 4P+K as the ender (to those who finds it useful in their arsenal):

66H+K BKO 6PPK BKO 4P+K
236P+K BKO 6PPK BKO 4P+K

Omegan Eckhart

Bound Combo's:

Mid Weight CH
33P > 236P > P > 6PP > 66KP(P)
33P > 214P > 6P > 6PP > 66KP(P)

Mid Weight: CH
236PKP > BKO P+K > 4PPP 84 points of damage

BT 7P CB Combo's:

BKO 6P4P > 4P+K > 7P Only works on Fast SE or slower.

Notes:

66F+K appears to be useless unless you are juggling a lightweight character as when doing 6P+KP > 66F+K PPP does less damage than 66KP(P), PP(K) whiff's and so does PP2(K).

BKO P+K has relaunch properties now. So:

33P4P > 6PPK > P+K > 4PPP now works.

Edit @ninjaguy446 I found a BT 7P CB combo but it won't work on fastest only fast.

Last edited:

HaJiN

Now that Alpha-152 is in her own weight class (feather weight), the combos you can do on her can be hard to do, but can also do major damage. Here are some combos that can be done.

BOKUHO THROW COMBOS (high counter hit damage)
-9p4k, 4k, 4ppp (106 dmg) - This will probably be the standard bokuho throw combo against her
-4pp8k, 4pk2k (103 dmg)
-8k, 4pk, 8pp2p (102 dmg)
-33p, BKO 4pk, 8pp2p (102 dmg) - This will probably be the standard wall friendly combo against her
-8p, BKO 4pk, 33p4p (101 dmg)
-33p, 8k, 4pk2k (95 dmg)

POWER LAUNCHER COMBOS
-66h+k, 66p, 44p+k, 66kpp OR 236pkp (123 OR 122 dmg)
-p (whiffs), 8k, p+k, 4k, 4ppp (110dmg and no timing required)

CRITICAL BURST COMBOS
-8k, 4pk, BKO 4pk, 33pp
-BT 4k, 4p+k, 4k, 4k, 4ppp*
-BKO 66p, 9p4k, 4k, 4ppp*
-BKO 66p, 8k, 4pk, 8pp2p
-8k, p+k, 4k, 4k, 4ppp*
-6k, 4ppk, 8pp2p
-6k, BKO 4pkp, 8pp2p
-9p, 66h+k, 4pk, 33p4p
-9p4k, 4k, 4ppp

* - these combos are the most damaging, and are also pretty flashy.

HaJiN

Wall combos give Helena many options in DOA5U. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but after certain moves that wall splat, Helena can do 66h+k to juggle the opponent. 66h+k works after the following wall splats (list is not complete)

-7p
-6p+k
-4ppk
-33pp
-33p4p
-236pkp
-4p2p
-214p4pp
-236p+k
-BKO 66p
-BKO6p4pp
-BKOppp
-BT 4ppp

A good example of a wall splat combo using 66h+k is:
-33p4p, free cancel into standing, 66h+k, 4pk, 33p4p (121 dmg on CH)
This combo does 11 more damage than her most damaging option in 5, which was:
-33p4p, 4pk, 236pkp (110 dmg on CH)

NOTE: Anything that ends in 66p will not allow a 66h+k follow up. Sometimes it does, but it is very inconsistent.

I tested these combos on Christie, and this may be one of those things where it works on some characters, and not on others. I want to test this a little more to make sure that is not the case.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD