doa5u impressions thread

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I'm hoping for some real PL tech, 'cause the 10-20 damage they do over PB isnn't exactly worth accidentally dropping it. Plus, you can't PL into those cinematic slam thingamajigs.

Xernuht

Since you haven't gotten a straight answer on your question for the challenge, yes, you do. But not the way you described thanks to the range on the follow up. Just do 666p, crouch dash quickly, then hit H+K. It'll connect quite easily.

... I completely forgot crouch-dashing existed... I should really go to the tutorial.

MaxwellMouse

I have not been following the development of Ultimate at all so I missed the system changes. What was done on a system level. Are there more guaranteed setups and more un-holdable moves? How is the balance this time?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
There are less unholdable stuns and guaranteed setups. There are bounds, though, which allow a few characters to basically do a quick stun launch type combo for decent damage.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
The new characters have decent setups. It's not like the old characters are unplayable either. A few even still have force techs. Just don't go in thinking you can go use sitdown stuns like you did before.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I don't know Zack's frames but everything Kokoro had became more negative, both on hit and block.

EDIT: Things that changed, that is.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD