doa5u impressions thread

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Kokoro 8P6P guaranteed 120 damage in 5. In 5U, it's like 40 damage guaranteed.

Tina CH/Stun 8P guaranteed a legit juggle in 5, easily 80-100 damage. In 5U it guarantees... a 2P reset. Coolest crush in the game 4P+K doesn't even guarantee a ground throw anymore when it used to do so. Most of those situations when you get a guaranteed ground throw now used to give a force tech. Or they used to guarantee that ground throw.

Man, I really want to say that the guaranteed stuff were just changed instead of reduced, I can't say that when I can barely find any guaranteed stuff outside of a few characters with good bounds. If you have some really good tech, please share, 'cause I'm going crazy in the lab trying to find stuff.

Raansu

Kokoro 8P6P guaranteed 120 damage in 5. In 5U, it's like 40 damage guaranteed.

Tina CH/Stun 8P guaranteed a legit juggle in 5, easily 80-100 damage. In 5U it guarantees... a 2P reset. Coolest crush in the game 4P+K doesn't even guarantee a ground throw anymore when it used to do so. Most of those situations when you get a guaranteed ground throw now used to give a force tech. Or they used to guarantee that ground throw.

Man, I really want to say that the guaranteed stuff were just changed instead of reduced, I can't say that when I can barely find any guaranteed stuff outside of a few characters with good bounds. If you have some really good tech, please share, 'cause I'm going crazy in the lab trying to find stuff.

One of the many reasons why I asked if VirtuaPai is really playing the same game we are.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
StrikerSashi said:
Kokoro 8P6P guaranteed 120 damage in 5. In 5U, it's like 40 damage guaranteed
-Im not saying there werent any nerfs at all. Im just saying not necessarily there is less guaranteed damage overall.

-In 5U, Tina recieved more strikes that have slamming properties, giving her more guaranteed damage. I never seen force tech as a great tool for Tina. She is more about guaranteed damage, and I wouldnt play a guessing game over that.

-Tina's :3::3::K: now does a Vital Area Crumple(VAC). Compared to her other launchers, the new VAC launches the opponent significantly more higher, allowing greater juggle potential. She also gained a Flop from BT :h:+:K:, granting her a juggle. The combination of higher innitial launches + lower height level for air throws give her easier air throw access. Also the addition of the new air throw allows for new position strategies with Tina.

Man, I really want to say that the guaranteed stuff we[re just changed instead of reduced, I can't say that when I can barely find any guaranteed stuff outside of a few characters with good bounds. If you have some really good tech, please share, 'cause I'm going crazy in the lab trying to find stuff.
-Right now its way too early to put the nail in the coffin. Outside of bounds, there are other VF5FS tech and general system changes that need to be explored. Maybe im just an optimist, but My hunches are usually not wrong. We may need to take a step back and let all the new stuff absorb, than come back with a fresh outlook!

WHY!? said:
One of the many reasons why I asked if VirtuaPai is really playing the same game we are.

-Ummm, your previous statement was directed towards 5U's stun system "being like" DOA 4's(reason it not being like 3.1). And asking me are we playing the same game.

Last edited:

RubinRoon

She also gained a Flop from BT :h:+:K:, granting her a juggle.

Maybe I am missing something, but her Bt H+K is 16 frames, guaranteeing up to about 40 dmg. Her Bt K is 14 frames, guaranteeing 6 H+K > 2T and about 70 dmg. Is there another reason to use H+K than guaranteed dmg?

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe I am missing something, but her Bt H+K is 16 frames, guaranteeing up to about 40 dmg. Her Bt K is 14 frames, guaranteeing 6 H+K > 2T and about 70 dmg. Is there another reason to use H+K than guaranteed dmg?
-BT :K: doesn't guarantee :6::h:+:K: when your opponent Fastest Stagger Escape~Block. BT :h:+:K: guarantees :6::P::P::2::K: for 55pts of damage or :6::P::P::P:+:K: for 54pts of damage+wall juggle potential (environmental interaction). Also, BT :h:+:K: is a tracking attack while BT :K: is not.

RubinRoon

-BT :K: doesn't guarantee :6::h:+:K: when your opponent Fastest Stagger Escape~Block. BT :h:+:K: guarantees :6::P::P::2::K: for 55pts of damage or :6::P::P::P:+:K: for 54pts of damage+wall juggle potential (environmental interaction). Also, BT :h:+:K: is a tracking attack while BT :K: is not.

Well, it appears that indeed missed something. Completely forgot the turnaroundstuns were Slow Escapable. Thanks for the update, I will use this move more now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD