DOA6 Gameplay Thread

d3v

One thing to remember is that the ground game and FTs really developed in 4 and 5 because of the mechanics added that limited guaranteed damage in combos. Even when 5 removed all the holdable situations in 4, it still had critical threshold launch which meant playing the stun game for the biggest damage. 6 is finally reverting us back to how things were in 2 and 3, while also giving us more options for guaranteed damage - so nerfing the ground game seems like a natural trade off, especially with the buffed neutral.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I thought DOA5U had a better ground game than Last Round. Prove me wrong... please! Felt the connection of a ground move in 5U, unlike in Last Round where it seems like it goes right through the opponent and sets you up for punishment. I'm not saying it's completely busted, but something went wrong.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I mean, clearly it's all about Zack of course.
Literally none of this stuff really nerfs Zack because he's got mad good neutral and all rounded tools anyway, I actually fail to see where the issue is with old dude back there lmao

If a Zack main can't play Zack with out relying on FT setups then they're quite frankly done out here.

I thought DOA5U had a better ground game than Last Round. Prove me wrong... please! Felt the connection of a ground move in 5U, unlike in Last Round where it seems like it goes right through the opponent and sets you up for punishment. I'm not saying it's completely busted, but something went wrong.
The ground game just completely went to shit in LR (Personally). 5U was just the catalyst for the downward spiral.
I lowkey can't wait to figure it all out in DOA6.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The ground game just completely went to shit in LR. 5U was just the catalyst for the downward spiral.

It was practically the same though.

Most of the issues DOA5 had overall and it's upgrades was that certain characters had better options for it and usage. So the best possible outcome for it was to just get rid of it entirely. Way too much variables and random outcomes to where you have to tech in different situations to avoid offensive scenarios. It leads to too much heavy yomi situations and complications.

The one that was heavily different out of the three was DOA5 vanilla, and the change from that one into DOA5U was for the better. DOA5U wasn't the best one but it's certainly better than what DOA5 vanilla had.

GarryJaune

You say this sarcastically, but I don't want Haybusa's ground game from DOA5 back. Why would anyone? That shit was dumb on both ends.

As for Tengu, I never claimed she didn't have FTs. I said that her force tech options relative to characters with stronger neutral were weaker. And that's true. Only an idiot would conclude that Nyo had an oki blender with versatility and impact comparable to Helena or Zack.
1,I'm glad you can tell that is satire,and I never said DOA5 vanilla&DOA4 ground game were good,actually I kinda hate that too,well in U&LR,ground pressure is like a advanced trick which is not imbalance at all,it's like a offensive encouragement,so I like it.

2,ok so you literally said she's worst and now you deny that ,fine.

TN longered ground invincible frames in LR,many FT set-ups were gone,but still existed some.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
1,I'm glad you can tell that is satire,and I never said DOA5 vanilla&DOA4 ground game were good,actually I kinda hate that too,well in U&LR,ground pressure is like a advanced trick which is not imbalance at all,it's like a offensive encouragement,so I like it.

Just wait for the game man. I'm glad it's going to DOA3 fashion along with the step coming back. I wasn't optimistic when they added meter because fighting games have to fall for the latest mechanic trends I guess, but it is what is. Still getting the game though.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
For me, the best way to get into understanding the DOA6 ground game was to compare it to Tekken 7's (At the most basic level, without all the Spring Kick Front Roll Dive BS) and see what the similarities were.

In Tekken 7, it doesn't matter how many times you have been hit on the ground. If you don't choose to get up, you won't get up. This is currently similar besides a certain variable for DOA6. Nobody wants to get hit on the ground that many times, so instinctively after one or two ground hits a player will usually tech. I can only assure you that this will be the exact same case in DOA6 even without the inclusion of universal FTs. Nobody will willingly watch themselves be hit by Zack's 2KKKKK and say "Yo I just ate 4 kicks on the ground, lets just stay here" No, they're gonna say "Oh fuck why am I being hit on the ground" and they're gonna tech. The Tech Roll and Back Roll in T7 are the two easiest ways to get up in the safest way possible. Same case for DOA6? Most likely. If there are less iFrames in DOA6 for being downed, it will be the incentive to get up without doing WUKs as now they're easier to interrupt/counter than before (As seen in multiple videos) and on top of that you want to mitigate the possibilities for eating unnecessary damage.

If you're the attacker, you'd be wary of what they're going to do on the ground so you'd create a neutral situation by spacing to getting out of WUK range, or hope that the person on the ground would make a mistake you could read/capitalise on/both combined. You wouldn't want to run in, make a trash move and then accidentally turn the tides. With FTs in DOA5, it was always the attacker's turn. In DOA6, the person standing is still at an advantage, but now the person on the floor also has a chance to make decisions that will defuse the negative situation they're in. And there will most definitely be FT setups in the future. I'm sure this is the direction TN is going towards, with their own specific twists to the game. And I'm sure it will work properly.

DOA6 can't have stun-launch, amazing evasion AND a ground game with loads of guaranteeds like DOA5. The game would have no damn neutral lmaoooo

Last edited:

GarryJaune

Literally none of this stuff really nerfs Zack because he's got mad good neutral and all rounded tools anyway, I actually fail to see where the issue is with old dude back there lmao

If a Zack main can't play Zack with out relying on FT setups then they're quite frankly done out here.

The ground game just completely went to shit in LR (Personally). 5U was just the catalyst for the downward spiral.
I lowkey can't wait to figure it all out in DOA6.
I agree you that good zack players never rely on force-techs,fact.Neutral game still dominates in Doa5.The point is ,he need that force-tech advantage to offset his damage shortcomings to make him a good charactor.
Actually Doa5's CB system could help a lot so he doesn't need FT that badly,in DOA6,hmmm,hard to say my friend

d3v

Lol, talking about damage shortcomings in a game where, not even taking the new meter systems into account, you no longer need full critical threshold to get max launch height.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I agree you that good zack players never rely on force-techs,fact.Neutral game still dominates in Doa5.The point is ,he need that force-tech advantage to offset his damage shortcomings to make him a good charactor.
Actually Doa5's CB system could help a lot so he doesn't need FT that badly,in DOA6,hmmm,hard to say my friend

Critical burst was just a sham to create a max threshold stun that was not holdable afterwards during level 2-3. You could get the same launch height on max threshold without resorting to CB. You could immediately launch if you have enough advantage to compensate for the launch for it to connect.

You could still stun launch in DOA5LR and rack up 90+ damage in level 1-2 via NH or CH though of course (health was 300), just didn't feel like it was a stun launch heavy game.

Last edited:
Reactions: d3v

GarryJaune

For me, the best way to get into understanding the DOA6 ground game was to compare it to Tekken 7's (At the most basic level, without all the Spring Kick Front Roll Dive BS) and see what the similarities were.

In Tekken 7, it doesn't matter how many times you have been hit on the ground. If you don't choose to get up, you won't get up. This is currently similar besides a certain variable for DOA6. Nobody wants to get hit on the ground that many times, so instinctively after one or two ground hits a player will usually tech. I can only assure you that this will be the exact same case in DOA6 even without the inclusion of universal FTs. Nobody will willingly watch themselves be hit by Zack's 2KKKKK and say "Yo I just ate 4 kicks on the ground, lets just stay here" No, they're gonna say "Oh fuck why am I being hit on the ground" and they're gonna tech. The Tech Roll and Back Roll in T7 are the two easiest ways to get up in the safest way possible. Same case for DOA6? Most likely. If there are less iFrames in DOA6 for being downed, it will be the incentive to get up without doing WUKs as now they're easier to interrupt/counter than before (As seen in multiple videos) and on top of that you want to mitigate the possibilities for eating unnecessary damage.

If you're the attacker, you'd be wary of what they're going to do on the ground so you'd create a neutral situation by spacing to getting out of WUK range, or hope that the person on the ground would make a mistake you could read/capitalise on/both combined. You wouldn't want to run in, make a trash move and then accidentally turn the tides. With FTs in DOA5, it was always the attacker's turn. In DOA6, the person standing is still at an advantage, but now the person on the floor also has a chance to make decisions that will defuse the negative situation they're in. And there will most definitely be FT setups in the future. I'm sure this is the direction TN is going towards, with their own specific twists to the game. And I'm sure it will work properly.

DOA6 can't have stun-launch, amazing evasion AND a ground game with loads of guaranteeds like DOA5. The game would have no damn neutral lmaoooo
lol nah,you can literally re-launch a ground body in TK7,and damage is good,so they can't lie on the floor safaly,when close to wall,and they still try to lie on the floor,holy shit they're so dead lol
While in DOA,mostly it's safe to lie on the floor,even though they get force-teched,they can still defence tho

Critical burst was just a sham to create a max threshold stun that was not holdable during level 2-3. You could get the same launch height on max threshold without resorting to CB. You could immediately launch if you have enough advantage to compensate for the launch for it to connect.

You could still stun launch in DOA5LR and rack up 90+ damage in level 1-2 via NH or CH though (health was 300), just didn't feel like it was a stun launch heavy game.
man,there's no PB in DOA6.... and no PB only danger zone either
what's more,zack has a 66P+K launcher which is his best CB launcher helps damage issue,you think anyone could be hit by this move in 2~3 level normal stun?

PS:not only zack,there are so many slow badass launchers leading tons of beautiful combos would less be seen in DOA6.I hate grammar but you guys can read me right lol?

Last edited:

d3v

lol nah,you can literally re-launch a ground body in TK7,and damage is good,so then can't lie on the floor safaly,when close to wall,and they still try to lie on the floor,holy shit they're so dead lol
While in DOA,mostly it's safe to lie on the floor,even though they get force-teched,they can still defence tho
You're ignoring his last paragraph (which is nearly the same point Cow made).
You can't just take things in a vacuum and complain about "no pressure once someone is grounded". You have to consider everything else, especially how much damage (and guaranteed damage) the game can allow in combos now. The game would turn into something like Marvel where you'd get big damage from combos, straight into vortex and 50/50s. Sure those games have had great neutral tools, but that isn't what they're known for since vortex and set-play is such a heavy component of the game.

You can't have a greater focus on the neutral, when you have a game that allows you to bypass the neutral phase and go straight into the pressure phase after getting a combo.

man,there's no PB in DOA6.... and no PB only danger zone either
what's more,zack has a 66P+K launcher which is his best CB launcher helps damage issue,you think anyone could be hit by this move in 2~3 level normal stun?

PS:not only zack,there are so many slow badass launchers leading tons of beautiful combos would less be seen in DOA6.I hate grammar but you guys can read me right lol?
What's the point of bringing all this up when we're back to standardized launch heights like in the older games.

Raansu

Why in the world would we need CB back when the threshold is practically gone and fatal rush creates unholdable stuns?

GarryJaune

I'm not ignoring it dude,it's a wrong idea cause the true reason that may lead to a lower neural game is mindless simplification

Why in the world would we need CB back when the threshold is practically gone and fatal rush creates unholdable stuns?
haha why in the world would you come a conclusion that I mean I want CB in DOA6? How did you get that? I said that ever?
I was making a contrast to prove why zack is good in DOA5 but suck in DOA6 ,and dafq you understand? Seriously you need a language tutor,or a psychological doctor,dude

Brute

Standard Donor
No, I said "some of the worst," and I never backtracked on that whatsoever. My subsequent posts only reaffirm that sentiment.
Please read posts before you respond to them.

Also, stop double-posting.

GarryJaune

No, I said "some of the worst," and I never backtracked on that whatsoever. My subsequent posts only reaffirm that sentiment.
Please read posts before you respond to them.

Also, stop double-posting.
some of worst sounds like a strong word to me,actually I can list over 10 charactors whom worse than tengu in ground games

and oh ,sorry for the double post,don't mean to do that,sometimes signal kinda weak and I post twice,just remove it thanks

Raansu

haha why in the world would you come a conclusion that I mean I want CB in DOA6? How did you get that? I said that ever?
I was making a contrast to prove why zack is good in DOA5 but suck in DOA6 ,and dafq you understand? Seriously you need a language tutor,or a psychological doctor,dude

I'm not going to mock you as I understand that English is not your primary language so you can chill on mocking others.

With that said,

The way you wrote this out correlates to suggesting that you feel CB should be a mechanic in DoA6. If that is not what you meant, then I apologize, but that is how it came across to me.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
But CB wasn't even all that special, least in my opinion.

The only character that was a huge benefit for it might of been Leon since he can nail a CB within a very early threshold of stun, therefore eliminating any sort of stun play he had to do which granted him a free launch once it lands. Not to mention that his CB attack had a command throw function attached which gives him another launch into the throw. For everyone else though? ehhh...

Power launchers and PBs won't be missed and somewhat feel the same way for CBs. With the way Zack is set up, he didn't even thrived off it either.

Reactions: d3v

GarryJaune

The way you wrote this out correlates to suggesting that you feel CB should be a mechanic in DoA6. If that is not what you meant, then I apologize, but that is how it came across to me.
OK,my fault ,make you misunderstanding me again,sorry bro.And no,that's not my point.I never mean to tell I want CB back in DOA6.

But CB wasn't even all that special, least in my opinion.

The only character that was a huge benefit for it might of been Leon since he can nail a CB within a very early threshold of stun, therefore eliminating any sort of stun play he had to do which granted him a free launch once it lands. Not to mention that his CB attack had a command throw function attached which gives him another launch into the throw. For everyone else though? ehhh...

Power launchers and PBs won't be missed and somewhat feel the same way for CBs. With the way Zack is set up, he didn't even thrived off it either.
Yep indeed leon benefits a lot,as well as zack & lisa &alpha etc,at least they all have more CB moves lol.
actually I'm a cherry pick guy in FTG,I'm not a charactor fanboy,in DOA5 I main3 charactors to deal with all kinds of match-ups,I feel sorry for Zack that I think he gonna fuck up in DOA6,but hey whatever,there always a badass high tier charactor I could change tho

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
lol nah,you can literally re-launch a ground body in TK7,and damage is good,so they can't lie on the floor safaly,when close to wall,and they still try to lie on the floor,holy shit they're so dead lol
You only can relaunch someone off the ground when they make the mistake of getting up using backroll when they're face up head towards. Not from every single position and roll of the Okizeme.

What's more, Zack has a 66P+K launcher which is his best CB launcher helps damage issue, you think anyone could be hit by this move in 2~3 level normal stun?
LMAO 66P+K as Zack's best launcher after CB is true, but who will be using this move on a stunned enemy when there's 8K, 9K, 66K, 33P, 33KK, 33KP, 3P+K, 214P, (Duck)K, (Duck)P+K, 3PP, and 8P as better viable launchers in the current system? CB didn't help Zack just because he could do 66P+K after it. 8 times out of 10, 66P+K would push your enemy into a walls so it almost wasn't worth it unless you knew you had the space to do so. The move isn't useless, you can use it in unholdable situations, but WHY should Zack players use this shit when there's better lol,

It's almost as if a lot of man didn't watch Tanii tear shit with Zack in the DOA6 EVO tournament. 6PKK is unholdable in stun now in DOA6 which is major buffs for Zack. Like... MAJOR buffs. 3PPP is safe on block. They took away the easy FTs and literally buffed everything else about him. I didn't play Zack with CBs in DOA5, they were wack and too readable. Current Zack with stun launch will be disgusting because in Zack's case its stun-mixup. I have like 3 beneficial options now after I stun an opp. Stun-Reset, Stun-Launch, and Stun-KD. 4K2 isn't as good in the game anymore, but 4K will still be a great poke. Zack's non-guaranteed FT setups are still in DOA6 as well. They just don't FT. Zack will not be bad bruh. I'm not gonna speak on how good or bad a character will be in DOA6 until I see that shit myself.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD