DOA6 Graphics Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
Lighting change:

DxtCCpeXcAMQKk5.jpg

Marie in red dress is TGS build, Marie in white suit is most recent/retail build.
It huuuuuurts

Brute

Standard Donor
No trying to do anything malicious... but how you would want her Kimono to look like?
That's like asking how I'd want Ryu's gi to look. The kimono is just a terrible outfit due to how generic it is. I suppose it's fine as an alternate, but serving as her C1 in DOA5 was crazy to me. I mean, I guess Kokoro's design philosophy from the start was to be as bland and indistinct as possible, so along that theme I suppose a kimono worked. But I definitely think her default outfit should have been something more distinct and idiosyncratic.

juliusxcix

Let's celebrate what I think is one of the most iconic costume in DOA, Kokoro's pink kimono.
The one DOA4 couldn't support.
The one DOAD kinda downgrade.
The one DOA5 made cardboardy.
The one DOA6 makes it better.

(I also like Kokoro's new kick and Nyotengu's new flying kick)
i cant wait to see the recolors. im hoping for a white kimono with pink/red flowers and a black kimono with pink and purple flowers

Xhominid The Demon Within

That's like asking how I'd want Ryu's gi to look. The kimono is just a terrible outfit due to how generic it is. I suppose it's fine as an alternate, but serving as her C1 in DOA5 was crazy to me. I mean, I guess Kokoro's design philosophy from the start was to be as bland and indistinct as possible, so along that theme I suppose a kimono worked. But I definitely think her default outfit should have been something more distinct and idiosyncratic.

I thought you had a better idea in concept... and isn't the outfit she's seen in her trailer her default? Because now I'm a bit confused.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I find Kokoro's kimono beautiful and I think it's the best default for her. The idea of a fighting maiko (geisha in training) is a nice and fairly unique idea. Something so beautiful, elegant and innocent throwing punches. I'd actually love it if the typical maiko hair and make up were available as customization items too:

700_FO33304729_732cf9dd32696c48a025250bcbda51f7.jpg

Baji Breakdancer

I find Kokoro's kimono beautiful and I think it's the best default for her. The idea of a fighting maiko (geisha in training) is a nice and fairly unique idea. I'd actually love it if the typical maiko hair and make up were available as customization items too:
I've actually never been into Kokoro's kimono because I don't think it goes far enough. I like your idea of making it a full-on geisha look with the hair and makeup, I feel like that would actually complete the idea and giver her a really unique alt costume.

Strangerinmytub

I find Kokoro's kimono beautiful and I think it's the best default for her. The idea of a fighting maiko (geisha in training) is a nice and fairly unique idea. Something so beautiful, elegant and innocent throwing punches. I'd actually love it if the typical maiko hair and make up were available as customization items too:

700_FO33304729_732cf9dd32696c48a025250bcbda51f7.jpg

Kokoro with that white facepaint would be insane, although I'm still not a huge fan of the in-game kimono. I can never focus on fights if she's in these unwieldy, over-sized pajamas with her sleeves flying everywhere. The new default isn't perfect but I prefer it a lot more since it's more form-fitting and less marshmallowy.

Edit:
Looking at DOA5's DLC, Kokoro's Summer Festival Yukata does the Japanese style costume right.
DOA5Kokoro1.jpg

Sleeves aren't too ridiculously big. The colors and patterns are much nicer, and the outfit cuts off at her upper thigh which is both functionally and aesthetically more pleasing.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD