Dragon Kick

onelasttime

Let's discuss the dragon kick for a second (Jann Lee)

I personally don't think this kick should even return. It's extremely overpowered, and unfair because you can't block it or hold it. The only true way to evade it is ducking.

But we all know it will return because it's Jann's signature move.

I just hope his power blow isn't what I'm thinking it's going to be (his DOA4 4+P+P+P and then dragon kick)

What are your thoughts on the dragon kick?

Lobo

Super slow start-up, high, and, extremely unsafe to the point where you can make Jann your bitch if you duck it, yeah, it's not that great of a move.

The start-up makes it pretty easy to duck on reaction, especially offline. Any time Jann is ranged from you, just be prepared to duck, it's that simple.

Jefffcore

You can hold it, you just step out of the way for a free BT combo. It's easier to crush, crouch dash or low hold to avoid it though. In which case it's a free 12i or any other attack. It's super hard to get anyone good with it.

I would assume his CB would be a slow mid, and an attack that stuns; the dragon kick is a knock-down. If I had to guess, I'd say his F+K... would be pretty sick if it was his 66K though.

DR2K

You should probably worry more about his dragon gunner(offensive hold). That shit is going to be bonkers.

Just duck or hold the move, it's fairly slow and you can punish him pretty hard for doing it.

Tenren

yah, I never dragon kick, the damage isn't worth the risk. Like DR2K said, Worry about hold setups more. My whole plan while playing Lee is to either get behind you, or setup something so I can launch you

UnD34D

Every character that does JKD in every fighting game has the dragon kick. It's a JKD signature move. If they didn't let Jann Lee have it, he'd be by far the most dumb JKD character of all time. It's incredibly easy to not get hit by, and it leaves him fucked. It's probably the worst dragon kick in any fighting game as is. I mean you've got Jacky and Law who both do it as a mix up from their dragon stances, and then Fei who does it regularly as an overhead and part of his juggles. Lastly, we've got Jann, who has it, basically as a gimmick to hit low level players.

UnD34D

It should be changed to a guardbreak that allows for guaranteed follow ups. Would people complaining about it prefer that?
I would love that, if you did it from his new dragon stance and it didn't have the running start up, more like Law or Jacky's.

Jefffcore

He does have one unholdable situation for it. I use it for that and force techs sometimes just because it's unblockable.

DontForkWitMe

now that i think of it doesn't eliot have a dragon kick move that guard breaks? hopefully he still kept it and can get guaranteed shit off it on block.

Arnell Long

It's fine the way it is...Just duck the damn thing and punish accordingly.

Aight that the truth!

That is like one of the "EASIEST" moves to evade in DOA, doesn't take much guessing to see that one coming........

Now a random low counter after being stun into jab is another thing entirely........

DyByHands

"Dragon kick your ass into the milkyway"
+10 internet points for those who know what thats from, lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD