Eliot; General Discussion

ScattereDreams

In DOA5 Eliot's mid punch hold leaves him at +10, thus guaranteeing a 7p 9 frame punch stun. Same with his mid kick hold = +10. Unfortunately hes only at +5 after 2p+g, so nothing there. As for his parry, he's at +16, he gets no guaranteed launcher. Choryu is i13, and I even buffered the input so it comes out instantly, but CPU was still able to block it. Don't know what was going on there.

In the guide, his parries give him +20, the in game frame data is +16

EDIT: I don't know what's the deal with the frame data, but anyways. I'm guessing since even though I buffered the input for Choryu, the dash still registers and it takes a few frames. After his parries, 9kk is the only launcher I've found to be guaranteed; it's i13. Take note that 9kk is not a true launcher, although the second kick is difficult to hold if your opponent didn't buffer a hold command. So here's a nice combo for parries. :9::K::K: ~ :3_::P: ~ :3::P::P::P::K:

MaxwellMouse

I am having trouble getting out the held 3P in time for his combos. Both the one posted above me for his parry and during his juggle throw. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

ScattereDreams

I am having trouble getting out the held 3P in time for his combos. Both the one posted above me for his parry and during his juggle throw. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

What I do is, I buffer :6::2::3: during the recovery of the move you did before and once the move is completely finished, keep holding :3: and input :P:

TakedaZX

What about his guard pressure?

:236::P: Gives advantage, I think +2(correct me if I'm wrong), which means no follow ups and the push back makes it to where your fastest jab will only hit if the opponent rushes back in, which I'd doubt would happen.

:4::6::P: gives nothing but disadvantage, making it's only use to be to give pressure too uneducated opponents.

:236::K: Breaks block but I think the disadvantage, just might be enough to get jab punished.

:4::F+K: is -1 on block, uncharged. If you hold it out(for the long grueling 3 seconds that it takes, you get +12 advantage... which allows for follow ups like :3::K::P:, :6::6::P:, etc.

All of these seem pretty uhhh... useless except :236::P: and even still... it's only +2.

ScattereDreams

Back turned :K: leaves him at -2. However, since :7::P: is i9 it comes out on the 11th frame and allow him to frame trap almost any mid punch.

:6::6::P+K: I believe leaves him +3 or +4

TakedaZX

Back turned :K: leaves him at -2. However, since :7::P: is i9 it comes out on the 11th frame and allow him to frame trap almost any mid punch.

:6::6::P+K: I believe leaves him +3 or +4
On block? I've never actually gotten it blocked... every time I use it, people are taken by surprise, and they just go rolling.

StryBlu

For Elliot's :6: :F: and :4: :F: what are the best followups you can do afterwards? It's a habit of mine to do :3: :K::P: then :3: :P+K:. Is there any better moves you can follow up with?

TakedaZX

For Elliot's :6: :F: and :4: :F: what are the best followups you can do afterwards? It's a habit of mine to do :3: :K::P: then :3: :P+K:. Is there any better moves you can follow up with?
I'll check it when I get home. Those seem like good options. What's the advantage off of those?

StryBlu

I'll check it when I get home. Those seem like good options. What's the advantage off of those?
Well for :3::K::P:it connects most of the time and it sits them down then I just like to follow up with :3: :P+K: or any launcher afterwards....I haven't had any counter the :3::K::P: so far or maybe I'm just getting really lucky

Instant3p

Well for :3::K::P:it connects most of the time and it sits them down then I just like to follow up with :3: :P+K: or any launcher afterwards....I haven't had any counter the :3::K::P: so far or maybe I'm just getting really lucky
You can do :7::P:, :3::K: and see if they try and counter the P and if they do that's when you throw them.

ScattereDreams

Well :7::P: is guaranteed after both if they try to blocking since you're at +10 and 7p is only i9. BUT! they still have one frame to input a low attack.

TakedaZX

His Guard Breaks Aren't really great, but I guess you could find uses.

:236::K: (-7) - Useless if blocked, possibly grab punishable, though he is airborne.

:4::6::P:(-3) - This one has it uses. Alone it's just a guard break with disadvantage, it also is an optional end to all of Eliot's regular strings that include Hekiken(aka 6PP(?) mixups). The last punch in Eliot's main combo is -15 making :4::6::P: the safer option.

:6::6::P+K:(+4) - I like to use this to approach my opponent quickly. If he blocks, 9 times out of 10 he'll know not to fuck around and try and beat my next move, which usually is 236p to rattle their chains a bit more, and so I can feel bad ass.

:236::P:(+2) - Only plus 2 but it looks cool, which is all that matters to me in this situation. I only use this and the move above to knock away opponents or whiff punishment.

:4::F+K: (+17) - Longest Charge I've seen on a move like this, in a long time. It's useful if you can connect it, but if you're getting rushed down time,

StryBlu

I was fighting a Hayabusa today and when I mid kIcked hold I couldn't even get 7p to connect.I holded twice in one round and he never low jabbed out of it either. Maybe it doesnt work in Hayabusa? Idk

TakedaZX

I was fighting a Hayabusa today and when I mid kIcked hold I couldn't even get 7p to connect.I holded twice in one round and he never low jabbed out of it either. Maybe it doesnt work in Hayabusa? Idk
I'll open up the lab and check, gimme a second. I'll edit this message.

Answer: It worked for me. I put him to standing guard after it, and to free step. On both of those times, he ate it. When I put him to crouching guard it missed like it's suppose to.

What's probably happening is if he's getting a guard right after, you're probably not buffering the 7p correctly, you have to wait til the last few frames of the hold animation and right before that ends, press it. It'll come out as fast as it can, meaning you get the guaranteed 9 frame jab everytime, assuming they don't duck. If they do duck that's when you gotta consider risky follow ups. I'm thinking about :236::B: or :2::P+K::4::6::P:, it's up to you though.

Another thing is that if it's online, the netcode is bad, so somethings that should be punishable, aren't easily punished. :6::P::P::P: is -12 on block but people still can't punish it well atleast not as well as offline.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD