EVO 2015 Lineup

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
No need for patches this game will be balanced through chaos.

image.jpg

seriouslt i just can't see one character coming out on top from like 90 different styles. for one Kung Lao you will have 5 styles meant specifically to beat him.

synce

No need for patches this game will be balanced through chaos.

View attachment 8602

seriouslt i just can't see one character coming out on top from like 90 different styles. for one Kung Lao you will have 5 styles meant specifically to beat him.

Didn't they just split the movelists though? So it's still the same characters as always, just 1/3rd as efficient. That's how I view it anyway

Xhominid The Demon Within

I seriously don't get this one bit...

UMvC3 is STILL there despite being so damn stale I honestly wonder to GOD how anyone can enjoy the same couple of teams and players dominate everyone else and make it to the top? Now the same happened with MvC2, but that didn't have dial-a-death combos, easy to use Comeback factors and it's broken characters was really not enough to truly beat the best players.

MKX and T7 even BEING on that stage floor is a damn insult. MKX would be out for only 2-3 months and with the variation system, there's no way in HELL anyone is gonna pretend that people will bitch when they believe one variation will make a character broken and ask to nerf to hell and all that other shit. And T7 isn't even in it's FINISHED FORM, so why is that even there?

Melee and Smash 4, I can understand why both is there instead of just one, but I'd rather have just one. Because if this continues, I DO NOT want to see SF5 AND SF4 in the same damn lineup when that game comes out.

You should look up motorsports then since alot of the events and races are tied to sponsorships and money.
It's not the act of sponsorship that is the issue, it's that the event's marketing gives the impression games are chosen based on competitive merit or playerbase size while not disclosing that they are actually paid for. Perhaps I'm being overly cynical but as someone who doesn't even live in north america or follow events much the only regular news I'll see on game and tech related news sites regarding fighting in NA games is typically which games were allowed at EVO each year. So it's difficult to believe it's not a deliberate attempt to leverage the event to detriment of players and developers. To have a situation where a third party is in a position to say "pay us or we will damage your products appeal by denying access at an event" is not a good situation. Even from a sponsors perspective it's possibly not a good deal as sponsorship is potentially more expensive than it would be in a more structured and transparent environment.

d3v

UMvC3 is STILL there despite being so damn stale I honestly wonder to GOD how anyone can enjoy the same couple of teams and players dominate everyone else and make it to the top? Now the same happened with MvC2, but that didn't have dial-a-death combos, easy to use Comeback factors and it's broken characters was really not enough to truly beat the best players.
Actually, it did. And all of the top players were using the most broken characters (and Justin Wong's team was acknowledged as the strongest in the game).

The thing though is that the Marvel community supported and continues so support their game. It's not just Marvel, alot of the older (and I will emphasize this because, as much as DOA has history, a good number of players now are new ones) communities are just used to continuing to support their game no matter how broken (or in MvC2's case, precisely because it's broken) they are, or how domineering the top tiers are. Look at Japan, they just had their 13th Cooperation Cup for 3rd Strike - a game that's older than MvC2. Heck, they actually had their largest turnout this year. And that's a game where if you aren't using the top 4, your chances of winning greatly diminish.

It's not the act of sponsorship that is the issue, it's that the event's marketing gives the impression games are chosen based on competitive merit or playerbase size while not disclosing that they are actually paid for. Perhaps I'm being overly cynical but as someone who doesn't even live in north america or follow events much the only regular news I'll see on game and tech related news sites regarding fighting in NA games is typically which games were allowed at EVO each year. So it's difficult to believe it's not a deliberate attempt to leverage the event to detriment of players and developers. To have a situation where a third party is in a position to say "pay us or we will damage your products appeal by denying access at an event" is not a good situation. Even from a sponsors perspective it's possibly not a good deal as sponsorship is potentially more expensive than it would be in a more structured and transparent environment.
Well that's just the environment we have to live with. Sports (not just Esports) in North America (and parts of the rest of the world) is about money. And money is something the scene desperately needs to grow.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
DOA still has to wash the stink of DOA4 at EVO. Alot of folks up top still think of that game when it comes to DOA.
-Well. When DOA4 was featured at Evo, its debut was far from being as bad as people fail to remember. Looking at a budding competitive community, we did just as good, and even in some instances better than the Tekken Community! Clear as Day, DOA4 Evo east had more entrants than TK5!!!! Soooo, our turnout should actually not be a reason for DOA5LR's exclusion. Cause a future TK showing should have been canned as well, but since DOA is DOA, it is shunned ;-(

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Last edited:

David Gregg

James Chen gives out some reasons.
https://twitter.com/jchensor/status/558709422877188096

Mr. Wizard (surprisingly?) also explains.
https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/558744980903038976
https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/558744766200832000

In other words:
1. We still come up with shitty numbers.
2. The majority of the community don't even at least attend locals (for various reasons (or excuses)).

And how many players do they predict will participate in Tekken 7 or MKX based on their tournament turn-outs? Oh wait...they can't because the games haven't even come out yet. They're only going off of how many participants showed up at EVO in previous years. They have absolutely no idea how many players will attend EVO for DOA. It's a lame cop out.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Well, all we can do is keep pushing by getting bigger numbers instead of having 20 people every tournament (*looks at all of the past tournaments in Plano w/ low numbers and hides in a corner*).

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
James Chen gives out some reasons.
https://twitter.com/jchensor/status/558709422877188096

Mr. Wizard (surprisingly?) also explains.
https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/558744980903038976
https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/558744766200832000

In other words (from their POV):
1. We still end up with shitty numbers.
2. The majority of the community don't even at least attend locals or gatherings (for various reasons (or excuses)).

Of course they'd say that. They're not gunna outright say they hate DOA or say than TN hasn't provide them with a suitable check. The Evo organizers just don't want DOA at Evo because they have this grudge against the series.

Javert

Since I'm new here, I got to know: what does he mean with a 8k tournament where people didn't show up? Did that really happen? When was that?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD