DOA5LR Facts

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hey now. Bayman won the launch tournament. Do I not instill faith!?
Trust me you have....You beat HELENA:eek: And we all know for a FACT Helena isn't a bitch....shes DAT BITCH, and for that I realized anything is possible...*sniff*

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think that was the joke, all of those won tournaments in the last year.
Oh no I didn't know Bayman won any tournaments beforehand, although even still it's surprising that Bayman could beat Helena at that high level play

P2p1mbs

• I can only fight against Jann with the tv/3ds muted
    • If I ever lose to him, I take out my frustrations by beating his level 1 ai for several rounds then get him beat up by level 8 ai in team battle mode and then keep watching his lose pose
  • I now only ever use Marie to lose just to watch her cry
  • I struggle against characters with lots of flippy moves, mainly Lisa (which is why I have started to hate her*)
  • Tina has the best victory pose

*which is also why I hope she did die

P2p1mbs

So you play a lot of single-player?

Sadly yes, I no longer have an xbox live gold subscription (not interested in renewing). Besides, the few times I have played online I lag so much the game becomes unplayable for me. Once I get a PS4, I'll see if I can have better luck there but I'm not sure I want to buy the game a 4th time.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So...Lisa pulled a Bruce Jenner?

That's because Lili's a far superior character who can be taken seriously, unlike Ms. Apologize 5000 times :)
They both play the same way tho XD they're defensive counter characters who are linear and have bad pressure but range and juggle power and punishes to compensate. Plus Lili does get quite a bit of hate which is understandable, no one wants to lose to a character of her archetype and style since it is annoying, same with Naotora although I don't mind since I like both of them but even I say Lili>Naotora

Here's another fact:
-Mirror matches are probably the most dreaded match besides bad match ups since everything about your own character is used against you, and 8/10 of people don't wanna lose a mirror match because they think it means that their skill with a character is lower than the opponent and they may feel like a "fraud" if their self esteem is low enough(Like me :-D)

Brute

Standard Donor
-Mirror matches are probably the most dreaded match besides bad match ups since everything about your own character is used against you,
Well, yeah. I guess an even match-up would be the most difficult after all bad match-ups...

8/10 of people don't wanna lose a mirror match because they think it means that their skill with a character is lower than the opponent and they may feel like a "fraud" if their self esteem is low enough(Like me :-D)
So 2/10 people want to lose in a mirror match (or don't care if they do)? I don't even think that many people want to lose any match, let alone mirror matches.

Sadly yes, I no longer have an xbox live gold subscription (not interested in renewing). Besides, the few times I have played online I lag so much the game becomes unplayable for me. Once I get a PS4, I'll see if I can have better luck there but I'm not sure I want to buy the game a 4th time.
ouch. I'd rather not play the game than play the AI. I derive no joy from it at all.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well, yeah. I guess an even match-up would be the most difficult after all bad match-ups...

So 2/10 people want to lose in a mirror match? I don't even think that many people want to lose any match, let alone mirror matches.

ouch. I'd rather not play the game than play the AI. I derive no joy from it at all.
Mirror matches aren't necessarily even, some characters are good with dealing with themselves and others not so much, plus the stress can get to people

2/10 don't CARE if they lose a mirror match, it is just a game after all, plus you can always counter pick to avoid them, it's what i would do if i don't feel like exhalting much effort against the character I was supposed to mirror in question. Like if someone tries to do a lili mirror match, I'd likely counter that and use Anna who can eat lili for breakfast, wherein if my opponent tries an Anna mirror, I'll use lili since she has range and ways to shut Anna down since Anna is more up close aside from the occasional mid range attack

P2p1mbs

Ya, it gets very boring but I am so attached to the series that I CANNOT let a day go by without playing. One of the main reasons I got a 3ds was so I can play doa when I don't have direct access to my xbone. These days, I HAVE to play either last round or dimensions at least for a few minutes or I feel like my day got wasted.

Brute

Standard Donor
Mirror matches aren't necessarily even
giphy.gif

I know that you're referring to players and not character MUs, but I still find this excerpt hilarious.

Ya, it gets very boring but I am so attached to the series that I CANNOT let a day go by without playing.
the fuck? How do you even have time?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD